I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Terraria (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707310)

Chojin Aug 23rd, 2011 10:54 PM

Terraria

why am i spending all my waking hours playing this what the fuck oh god

in a nutshell, the game is 16-bit 2D minecraft with an emphasis on adventuring and combat.

after a few hours, the game turns into something like a standard RPG, where you go out and adventure and then come home and drop your loot off, talk to NPCs and buy things, etc. the thing is, "home" is something you made entirely yourself and there's something i can't really articulate about that. i run two servers of this, and we'll say things like "okay back to the castle", but the castle is a thing that we built--the game doesn't even know it's a castle, but there's no question that that's what it is.

i also wonder why human evolution and our species causes us to get addicted to games like this--why do we love to build things?

k0k0 Aug 23rd, 2011 11:07 PM

Your home looks so much better than mine. Mine is just basic stone on stone with a little interior box built of wood where I started out. No furniture or anything other than the mandatory table/chair/torch combo except in my crafting room and my storage chest room. I just treat it as a place to go back to when I need to drop my shit off. I don't see the ivy whip in your list of items so I'm guessing you're using the jet boots?

Shyandquietguy Aug 23rd, 2011 11:57 PM

Mine is a shack.

Two level shack.

To be exact.

Dr. Boogie Aug 24th, 2011 04:54 AM

Mine always wind up as big towers with long, unremarkable rooms for the NPCs and some nicer room for me at the top. I like a little decorating, but it's mostly functional stuff for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 739341)
I don't see the ivy whip in your list of items so I'm guessing you're using the jet boots?

The newest patch adds a hotkey for the grappling hook/Ivy Whip so you don't have to have it in your quickbar. I think the default key is "E".

k0k0 Aug 24th, 2011 04:55 AM

Hot damn, I didn't know about that. Thanks Boogie. I really haven't played more than a couple of hours of 1.6, so I'll have to see how that works.

OxBlood Aug 24th, 2011 05:23 AM

My base is some kind of narrow tower with only the most basic things like the crafting stations and tables with chairs for the NPC...I´m actually not that much of a builder...noticed that already when I was still a kid, I´m better at destroying things than at building them :D

k0k0 Aug 25th, 2011 12:10 AM

Here's a picture of my 'castle', which is more like a pyramid. A fun tip, the double doors prevent zombies from opening them during blood moons. They don't prevent the goblin invaders from tearing them down though.

Nick Aug 25th, 2011 12:48 AM

It was a blast back when it came out, but after collecting all the rare items and armor and what have you, I got kind of bored with it. I know they've added more content, but I haven't gotten back into it.

darkvare Aug 25th, 2011 10:41 AM

i think i'm gonna buy this so i can recreate castlevania levels

Chojin Aug 25th, 2011 02:00 PM

hey guise my server is public now and it's pretty popular (avg 10 offpeak / 19 peak players)

JUMEAUX
jumeaux.servegame.com, port 7777

i'm running mods that let you protect plots of land and chests from ne'er-do-wells. basically digital real estate without the money :picklehat

darkvare Aug 25th, 2011 02:36 PM

just bought it so i'm gonna invade chojins server
ok so i build my shitty house after getting slain by zombies but i wanna know how to add doors also the guide was slain lol

Chojin Aug 25th, 2011 07:29 PM

you need wood and a workbench to build doors

darkvare Aug 25th, 2011 09:34 PM

yeah found it after getting slain by some eyeballs i also joined your server fell down and got killed by a bat lol

Chojin Aug 25th, 2011 09:48 PM

:picklehat

kahljorn Aug 25th, 2011 11:15 PM

id play there but you'd prolly ban me for having too much fun

executioneer Aug 26th, 2011 10:28 AM

i don't think theres cheeseburgers in terraria though

Chojin Aug 26th, 2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 739599)
id play there but you'd prolly ban me for having too much fun

i've only had to ban 3 people so far!

1 of them kept going NAGGER COCKS NAGGER COCKS

the other two built a huge device designed to dump a ton of sand on my castle.

Fathom Zero Aug 26th, 2011 11:58 AM

:lol you banned people for ruining your castle

darkvare Aug 26th, 2011 12:16 PM

i've been doing some digging and i'm getting tired of some weird worms that kill me everytime i reach certain depth

executioneer Aug 26th, 2011 04:29 PM

you gotta show those worms who's boss, man

kahljorn Aug 26th, 2011 04:39 PM

you should've built a huge device that dumps all the sand that their huge device dumped onto your castle into their vaginas

Chojin Aug 26th, 2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 739692)
:lol you banned people for ruining your castle

...i don't get why this is unseemly

Fathom Zero Aug 26th, 2011 11:59 PM

I just got the image of people kicking sand at you and you making a frowny face.

Shyandquietguy Aug 27th, 2011 11:52 PM

I made a BK advertisement on your server Chojin. Find it before the company tries to distance themselves away from the tubs.

darkvare Aug 28th, 2011 12:39 AM

i built a shack and the guide revived