I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   *crickets* (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69709048)

HickMan Apr 30th, 2014 02:43 AM

Maybe this would be a good place to reminisce. We should post all of our favorite memories on the forums!

I really enjoyed the Mock Wars and what became of them. Users would get pitted against one another in a bashing contest to see who had more wit and the thicker skin. Things definitely got a little ugly in my house with Immortal Goat. He always took Chojin's insults and OAO's political debates so serioiusly.

Colonel Flagg Apr 30th, 2014 09:34 AM

I enjoyed the back-and-forth (more back than forth) on the fluoride "debate" with the chillmeister - remember don't say the name, or you may invoke the evil spirit. :eek

Though his "arguments" were to cite articles that were years old (and mostly irrelevant) and punctuated by the ever-popular "Wha-BAM" level of commentary, it was quite instructive to me on how to be patient in discussing topical science with a stone-cold moron. And occasionally, he would be unknowingly hypocritical in his pronouncements which I found hysterical.

I also liked reading George's stories, until he stopped posting them. I hope his ex didn't kill him off. :(

Aaarg Apr 30th, 2014 10:22 AM

YOU MISSED TH PAGE BARAK

Tadao Apr 30th, 2014 01:03 PM

George killed his ex and fled to Argentina. :(

Colonel Flagg Apr 30th, 2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 769936)
YOU MISSED TH PAGE BARAK

This thread is too slowly moving - I'm sure he just forgot.

Colonel Flagg Apr 30th, 2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769937)
George killed his ex and fled to Argentina. :(

This was undoubtedly the good ending of which we were deprived.

HickMan May 1st, 2014 03:57 AM

Haven't page bark'd in quite a while. Normally I'd leave that for the chat thread. Also known as 'where the cool kids sat'.

HickMan May 1st, 2014 03:58 AM

And I'm still not sure if I'll vote for Rudy Giuliani in 2008.

Aaarg May 1st, 2014 07:29 PM

there are no cool kids
there is no sitting

WhiteRat May 9th, 2014 02:51 PM

Thanks for the thread, guys. I just came really hard.

Esuohlim May 11th, 2014 01:31 PM

Summer of '11 was the last time I-Mockery felt like I-Mockery to me. I remember it well because I was going through major life transition. During that time there was the Pram Maven debacle, the short-lived pickle/zug system, a bunch of people were playing chess with each other online, hanging out in chatrooms watching Bruce Lee movies.

I can't remember anything too significant in the last three years or so.

Willie sending Christmas cookies, sodium fluoride "debates", chat room thread madlibs, chat room thread teeming with activity at 3am, mock wars, people posting as characters, fightin' with Zomboid.

I get bummed out too, guys :(

Colonel Flagg May 12th, 2014 11:13 AM

Some of us still play chess. :(

Colonel Flagg May 12th, 2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 769959)
Thanks for the thread, guys. I just came really hard.

Doing the least we can do.

Chojin May 15th, 2014 12:36 AM

The forums died when Willie turned Brony

Aaarg May 16th, 2014 12:56 PM

the forums hamburger hamburger cheeseburger hamburger when willie cheeseburgered

Tadao May 18th, 2014 05:28 PM

This thread should be sticky'd until the cows come home.

Babs May 18th, 2014 09:24 PM

Bring back the party days.

AChimp May 21st, 2014 11:46 PM

Thread backups.

WhiteRat May 25th, 2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 769976)
The forums died when Willie turned Brony

It says a lot about the quality of this forum when the lard that was holding it together is an obese manchild with disgusting facial hair.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 26th, 2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 769963)
Summer of '11 was the last time I-Mockery felt like I-Mockery to me. I remember it well because I was going through major life transition. During that time there was the Pram Maven debacle, the short-lived pickle/zug system, a bunch of people were playing chess with each other online, hanging out in chatrooms watching Bruce Lee movies.

I can't remember anything too significant in the last three years or so.

Willie sending Christmas cookies, sodium fluoride "debates", chat room thread madlibs, chat room thread teeming with activity at 3am, mock wars, people posting as characters, fightin' with Zomboid.

I get bummed out too, guys :(

ZUGS+1

Babs May 29th, 2014 09:21 PM

I miss the endless entertainment. Such as Dizzymisslizzy or some other like that. Bill's soul mate. I can't even think about it anymore with out tearing up. I miss this place :tear

replicant Jun 11th, 2014 10:22 AM

I came too late to the boards to be able to wax nostalgic but having been on boards and watching them slowly wither...yep...I been through it. I joined here because I am friends with Protoclown and through him I met and am friends with The Great Picklemeister. I post when the mood strikes but mostly, I like doing Secret Santa.

MarioRPG Jun 16th, 2014 10:43 AM

I miss when we'd get people who communicated in broken English, but still wanted to be considered "internet tough".

Cosmo Electrolux Jun 18th, 2014 12:50 PM

noob bashing....

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2014 09:21 PM

It was always funny when someone thought kellychaos was a woman and enjoyed all his terrible posts