I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Health insurance is bullshit, I have proof. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703958)

Evil Robot Jan 10th, 2010 09:21 PM

Health insurance is bullshit, I have proof.

I have recently recieved a qoute from Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield in New York state.

$2,568.71 per month for just me. Thanks assholes, thanks a lot. And don't think for one second that I would fall for that "indemnity" scam, I know that thats not health insurance and no amount of deceitful wording can fool me.

Colonel Flagg Jan 10th, 2010 09:34 PM

Holy Jesus. That's effed up.

Evil Robot Jan 10th, 2010 09:47 PM

"If you choose not to buy health coverage your driving up the cost for everyone else" Oh yeah, HOW?
"Illegal immigrants can walk into a hospital and get free medical attention while US citizens have to pay for it" BULLSHIT Name one hospital that chooses not to bill a person based on their citizenship status. Name just one of them. I don't think you can.

Tadao Jan 10th, 2010 09:53 PM

EVERYONE can walk into an emergency, give fake info, and never pay the bill. Illegals are just smarter than Americans.

Evil Robot Jan 10th, 2010 10:10 PM

Another misnomer about the reasons for high insurance costs is fraud. Can you point to one instance where somebody was able to gain admittance to a hospital with fake personal info? No, you can't. Hospitals require a photo ID to be presented before they can treat a person. If they didn't, they would not be able to carry malpractice and liability insurance.

Furthermore, it is not the responsibility of insurance carriers to reimburse hospitals if they become the victims of fraud, so that shoots to shit the excuse that illegals are the cause of high insurance costs.

Tadao Jan 10th, 2010 10:33 PM

not in the emergency room, you don't need ID and you can sue if they don't treat you.

Evil Robot Jan 10th, 2010 11:33 PM

Illegal aliens don't explain why the guy next door to me pays less then $600 for the same policy that I was just quoted 2,568.71 for. Unpaid debts does not contribute that ,uch to the cost.

I'm just pissed off because a bunch of people at work were complaining that people like me without insurance are the reasons for the high cost of insurance. These are also people who get benefits from work before it was phased out for new employees. It turns out that since there are so many people looking for work that my boss ( and thousands of employers like him) have decided that it is no longer necessary to draw employees in with the promise of medical benefits.

kahljorn Jan 11th, 2010 12:22 AM

damn dude at that rate you might as well start your own health insurance company and collect interest on the 30,000 dollars you would otherwise be spending

Evil Robot Jan 11th, 2010 12:42 AM

It's just, none of this makes any fucking sense at all. The rep could not explain why it costs so much for for me and kept giving me the old "take it or leave it" line. She honestly thought I was the greedy one not wanting to spend the money but its more than what I make in a year.

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 12:44 AM

people not haing insurance doesn't drive it up. Your coworkers are idiots. It's people with insurance that are sick and go to the Dr. hat's what drives up the cost.

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 12:46 AM

Oh, and I'm totally sorry that it's that high. I think it must be some mistake. I've never heard of it being that high ever from anyone.

Evil Robot Jan 11th, 2010 12:57 AM

It's not a mistake, that was the first thing I asked, "Is this a mistake?".

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 12:59 AM

no, no, it's a mistake

Evil Robot Jan 11th, 2010 01:16 AM

In New York the insurance companies are not allowed to deny coverage to people they feel are high risk but they are allowed to price them out. I'm starting to think that's whats going on.

Chojin Jan 11th, 2010 02:22 AM

why are you at high risk?

also, won't the new health reform bills affect this?

elx Jan 11th, 2010 09:26 AM

tadao is right with the emergency room jazz. it'd be fine like that if people didn't abuse it so badly and treat the emergency room as their own personal primary care physician and go in for stupid small stuff knowing they can't be denied treatment and that they could get away without paying a dime. kitsa could probably confirm this!

also, the health reform bill/s are no doubt going to affect this - but it'll only make it worse if it hasn't already. things are going to get really bad before they get better, and they wont be better until at least 2015. :(

Dimnos Jan 11th, 2010 11:43 AM

If you dont have insurance then the insurance company doesnt have to pay for your ass. That means they dont have to charge more to make up for the money spent on your ass. Ergo your coworkers are morons. That price is stupid high though. Are you a "high risk"?

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 12:37 PM

His coworkers are trying to say that if he doesn't buy insurance, they raise the rate to cover their losses.

W/E :rolleyes

elx Jan 11th, 2010 01:10 PM

just like how car insurance is so cheap because we all pay for it

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 01:22 PM

I doubt that if everyone bought it, the rates would be lowered, much like gas and crisiseses. Once it's up, it stays up. They make a shit ton of profit and look for another excuse to raise it even higher.

I know the emergency room thing is used as an excuse, but I don't see how that effects insurance, I guess maybe the hospitals insurance is through the same people we get our insurance from.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 11th, 2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Robot (Post 667073)
I have recently recieved a qoute from Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield in New York state.

$2,568.71 per month for just me. Thanks assholes, thanks a lot. And don't think for one second that I would fall for that "indemnity" scam, I know that thats not health insurance and no amount of deceitful wording can fool me.

That amount is ridiculous. I pay around $138 with blue cross blue shield for good coverage and a small copay through my work. You should have a few different options though besides blue cross/shield, possibly even Aetna.

Ant10708 Jan 11th, 2010 05:42 PM

well we don't know evil robots circumstances at all. hes clearly not getting health coverage thru a work plan so its obviously going to be way more just because of that

he could be a fat guy with diabetes who smokes 2 packs a day with like the very good likely hood that he will need alot of expensive medical work down the line

not saying you are but i have to assume your one unhealthy individual getting insurances quotes like that

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 05:54 PM

From everything he's written, I assume it's through work.

Evil Robot Jan 11th, 2010 07:01 PM

I called again today and gave another mailing address in a different county and they came back with $1170 per month. I'm not by any means out of shape but I did tell her that I drink occasionally when she asked. The person I talked to today didn't ask as many questions either. I'm starting to think that the first person just was a stupid bitch.

Tadao Jan 11th, 2010 07:24 PM

So it's not through work then?