I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Guitar Woman Dec 11th, 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg

NEW! Pancake-scented laundry detergent!

Kitsa Dec 13th, 2012 09:23 AM

I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.

replicant Dec 14th, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 764458)
I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.

Croquembouche just sounds scary in it's self.

Kitsa Dec 14th, 2012 04:35 PM

Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all. Sounds like a good time to me!

dextire Dec 14th, 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 764493)
Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all.

:faint

Anyway, are you going to try a specific cartoon?

Kitsa Dec 14th, 2012 11:42 PM

My kid likes Pingu, so Pingu it is. I lucked out, claymation is crazy-easy to do in fondant.

The bad thing about being burned with sugar is that it's sticky. You can't get it peeled off before it starts cooking you, and it's cooking you all the time you're trying frantically to get it off you.

The prettiest croquembouches are dunked in the sugar- sort of a caramel-y, toffee-y kind of thing, stuck together with it, and then sort of wrapped in a cocoon of spun sugar. I'm not going that route. I'm using chocolate this time.

Kitsa Dec 15th, 2012 11:07 AM

Recipe for the best fucking chocolate glaze ever....

Melt one entire stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan. Don't boil it or get it to the point where it's turning brown...you want to be there right as that last tiny sliver liquefies.

Add in 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, and stir that shit till it's ultra-smooth.

Start adding in powdered sugar, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. You might use as much as half pound, depending on the purity of the butter and how much it soaks up. Keep adding and stirring. It will start to look like a complete mess...thick, oily paste. When it's so thick it's starting to pull away from the sides of the pan and most of the oily stuff is absorbed, start adding milk a tiny bit at a time. At first the milk will just slosh around the paste, but after a couple of teaspoons it will start to smooth out. Keep adding and stirring until you have the consistency you're going for. I go until it's falling off the spoon in a ribbon back into the pan. Then you have to work fast- if you're covering a round cake, pour it on as you're turning the cake plate. If you're dunking pastries, keep it on low heat and keep stirring to prevent it from setting up. It will dry smooth and glossy and it tastes incredible. Good on eclairs, too.

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2013 03:18 PM

How can McVities taste like someone pressed them together from wet sand and yet have NO DIETARY FIBER IN THEM WHATSOEVER?

They have a grainy grass thing stamped into the top and everything. They're not digestives, they're LIES. >:(

WhiteRat Aug 25th, 2014 09:59 PM

I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome

Esuohlim Aug 30th, 2014 12:20 PM

PUSSY :lol :lol :lol :lol

still funny you guys

WhiteRat May 14th, 2016 06:14 PM

I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, all parts of this is fat

and all bones

this is awesome

Colonel Flagg May 23rd, 2016 10:12 AM

Mint M&M's

WhiteRat Apr 28th, 2017 07:24 PM

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome