I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Keith Moon (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10003)

Buffalo Tom Mar 10th, 2004 12:10 PM

Keith Moon

Best. Drummer. Ever.

slavemason Mar 10th, 2004 04:03 PM

A consensus is building.

How fun it must've been to have one of the greatest bass players by your side.

Bobo Adobo Mar 10th, 2004 04:10 PM

He was just nuts, not really one of the best... :/

Dole Mar 11th, 2004 04:37 AM

He absolutely was one of the best. Was drumming for the Who by the time he was 16, before him, the drums were always at the back, you wouldnt hear the bass drum and they were very much in the background sound wise. One of the first drummers to use two bass drums, the who would have to put him at the front so people could watch him. You couldnt help but here the drums with him in the band, his playing was so intense. His style was totally unique, and to watch video of him play in the early days is just insane, his fills are fucking spot on and completely frenetic. There hasnt been a drummer like him before or since, no-one else plays that way.

Bobo Adobo Mar 11th, 2004 02:05 PM

Keith Moon's style of drumming was a lot similar to Carlo Little's. And Jazz musicians liked to use a smaller and larger bass drums...

He was a damn good drummer, but like I said, he was just nuts. Every punk/metal drummer idolizes them for that, along with trying to immitate him, because they are to ill-witted to realise there was good music before 1960.

Dole Mar 12th, 2004 05:34 AM

You make an awful lot of assumptions about other peoples listening habits.

I play the drums, I know an insanely good drummer when I see them, and he was it. He wasn't just 'nuts' he had an incredibly delicate touch in places that would put a lot of jazz drummers to shame.

Big McLargehuge Mar 12th, 2004 12:45 PM

The Who gives me a boner, guys.

Bobo Adobo Mar 12th, 2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dole
You make an awful lot of assumptions about other peoples listening habits.

Yes I do, I've been around alot of people who listen to different kinds of music. I try not to refer to stereotypes, but there is some truth to them.

Quote:

I play the drums, I know an insanely good drummer when I see them, and he was it.

I'm a bass player and I've played with many a drummer, and I know a good drummer when I see one. >:

Drew Katsikas Mar 12th, 2004 10:39 PM

Moon's sick. Listen to all of the Who Sings My Gneneration. "Out in the Street" has to be the most subtley violent songs ever. They didn't need stupid effects to create it, they just had the engery,

Dole Mar 15th, 2004 09:19 AM

"I'm a bass player and I've played with many a drummer, and I know a good drummer when I see one."

-it doesnt sound like it.

Buffalo Tom Mar 15th, 2004 11:25 AM

I was reading some stuff about Keith Moon this weekend. He didn't practice at all apparently, and every time he went into the studio, he had to take a couple of days to 're-teach' himself how to play. If he'd actually taken time to perfect his playing so that it matched the energy he had, there would be no argument that he was the best drummer ever. As it is, I have to amend my previous statement and say he is the best rock drummer ever.

Bobo Adobo Mar 15th, 2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

"I'm a bass player and I've played with many a drummer, and I know a good drummer when I see one."

-it doesnt sound like it.

It also sounds like your one of those hardcore drummers that over uses there double-bass pedal to point of annoying the shit of everybody in the band, but I don't bitch. Since I haven't heard you play.

glowbelly Mar 15th, 2004 12:18 PM

i have. he's good. :)

Dole Mar 15th, 2004 12:20 PM

It sounds like you're one of those people who somehow feels their taste in music is more valid than anyone elses, and condescends to anyone who they perceive does not have the same breadth of 'musical knowledge' as them. But I haven't met you, so I am just guessing.