I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2010 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705278)

Mockery Dec 9th, 2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 707090)
If anything you should be hating Cousin Eddie, it looks like he started the whole thing.

dextire - Haha that's exactly what happened... glad somebody was able to follow it. The sewage dripping down onto the ice awoke the mighty lizard from his deep, icy slumber. Nice DVD haul btw!

AlliSabbah
- You got a Mr. Bungle CD as part of your gift? Awesome. That's a seriously great album. If you like it, I highly recommend getting "California".

blood_panther
- Glad they found your package blood_panther. As for shipping, I always use the standard postal service and get tracking on it... I've never liked Fed-Ex or UPS to be honest.

Ozzie Dec 9th, 2010 10:13 PM

I got my gift today and GUESS WHAT DORKS

It's from Protoclown.
Spoilers!

Everything was awesome, and I'll be sure to try out the game the next time my nerd friends and I get together. Thanks and Merry Christmas, Protoclown!

stevetothepast Dec 9th, 2010 11:19 PM

That's a good haul.

Dr. Boogie Dec 9th, 2010 11:42 PM

Got my Secret Santa package from BatmanJohnson today and I have to say, this is definitely going to be the one that all future SS gifts will have to compete against in the future.

It starts out with a large box showing up at my door:

Whatever was inside was so anxious to get out that it had already begun unsealing the tape holding the thing shut.

It was a veritable cornucopia of things. Party poppers, wind-up teeth, and some kind of giant stuff animal. I needed to get a closer look:

After unpacking everything, I discovered that the box was practically filled with candy, and good candy, too. There was so much that I admit, I thought it must be leftovers from Halloween, but so far, I haven't gotten sick. There was a tube of Whoppers that was open already, but I was planning on passing those along to someone else anyway.

Along with all the stuff was three letters. The first was a brief explanation of the package, followed by an apology, for some reason. Rest assured, BatmanJohnson, no one who gives me this much candy needs to apologize. There was also a letter with a giant "Q" on it, and another detailing a "curse" that I'll talk more about later.

Three-year-olds can play with these wind-up teeth no problem, but if you're two then you're just plain fucked. The same goes for the Admiral Ackbar figure, as you would probably just choke to death on his Kindle, or whatever that accessory is supposed to be.

A few comics made it into the mix as well. Rite seems to be about a gun-wielding mummy who encounters trouble at a veterinary clinic, and Alf is about Alf. I thought it was weird that Alf was drawn pretty much as he appeared normally, but everyone else is just a cartoonish rendition. That's the perks of top billing, I suppose.

The last comic was entirely in Japanese. It seems to be about a superhero monkey who uses a giant pole to beat up carnivorous animals in the jungle, which leads me to believe it may be the Japanese version of The Jungle Book. On the right is a map of a corn maze made up of a dozen map sections that you apparently needed to find within the maze. According to the rules, getting all the pieces entitled you to a dollar off a T-shirt, so I appreciate BatmanJohnson sacrificing a less expensive corn maze shirt to ensure I had a merry Christmas.

Any lingering questions I had about Star Trek can be answered with a few quick page flips. The loadout of a Class 1 Dreadnaught? The inner workings of a Universal Translator? The rules of 3D chess? You know I've got that info.

I was not aware that Shari Lewis had a show prior to Lambchop's Playalong. Granted, I hadn't really wondered about it in the first place, but now not only do I have the answer; I have evidence. The Songs of WWII CD should come in handy for whenever I get sick of a half dozen or so songs from that era that play in Fallout: New Vegas.

Best of all, I got a Hello Kitty band-aid, a tag from some Domo Kun merchandise, and the head from an action figure of Guinan, the bartender from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Earlier, I mentioned that BatmanJohnson's note included an apology. I assume this was the reason:

In order to get to all the other stuff, I had to first unpack this creepy ventriloquist's dummy. I think it was supposed to be some kind of starter model because it's stuffed, and you open the mouth by pulling on a loop of rope behind the head. That makes the talking all the creepier, as you just wind up jerking the head back and forth when you try to make the thing talk. The curse letter I mentioned before suggested that the dummy may or may not be cursed. He also mentioned that his roommate helped him pack the gift box, so I will give him the benefit of a doubt and say that his roommate was the one who felt I needed to have this strange, potentially holiday-ruining thing in my house.

Still, tons of candy and other neat stuff to distract from the creepy doll. All in all, nice work BatmanJohnson!

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2010 12:09 AM

I made a video. It's 11 minutes long. Sorry it took so long to post.
Rog was my santa.

dextire Dec 10th, 2010 01:56 AM

:lol Excellent video, Chris!
If you suck that candy cane down to a point you could probably take down a grizzly bear with that thing.

It's amazing how much cool stuff everyone is giving this year! :xmas2

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2010 02:14 AM

When someone is that forceful in their instructions, I have no choice but to play along.

Zhukov Dec 10th, 2010 09:19 AM

Haha, nice work Chris.

The Leader Dec 10th, 2010 10:58 AM

I wish I had a Russian mail order bride. :(

MarioRPG Dec 10th, 2010 12:37 PM

Holy crap Dr. Boogie, that's a whole lot of awesome stuff, and what appears to be like 10 pounds of candy. I think you should burn that doll before it's too late though.

Awesome video Chris. "...This is about a day's worth of food..." Also, what a lovely festive greeting by mockery.

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 707160)
I wish I had a Russian mail order bride. :(

My wife has friends. But I'll let you know the process is LONG and EXPENSIVE. Oh god, it's expensive.

The Leader Dec 10th, 2010 03:34 PM

OH MY GOODNESS THE WAIT IS OVER AND IT IS FROM CANADA

Oh, Stevetothepast, your art is as charming as your prose. Wait, space dollars? Oh. My. God. This is the best christmas ever.

I GOT A BOOK

AND A VIDEO GAME!

AND ANOTHER VIDEO GAME BUT WITHOUT THE INSERT

AND A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM

AND A CONTROLLER FOR SAID SYSTEM :x

These Santas are really happy considering their predicament. I suppose St. Nick really is just that jolly.

bro, this is like the best present ever

Canadian money is made from chocolate and hate.

Nekoneko061 Dec 10th, 2010 04:02 PM

Yay! My gift came today and I didn't even have to call FedEx like 10k Volt Ghost said I did.
Thank you Blood Panther! I'll post pictures when my mom gets home from work.
She has my camera. This is awesome X1000, since today is my 16th birthday.
It's just like an extra gift! Now if only my S.S. would post pics...

By the way, Leader, that chocolate santa is terrifying.

blood_panther Dec 10th, 2010 04:28 PM

oh man that is such a relief. yesterday fedex said they couldnt find you, and that the address was wrong, and worse of all were going to send it all the way back here to canada, in two days.thank goodness it managed to make it's way to you.

never again fedex. hope you liked the stuff!

Dimnos Dec 10th, 2010 04:33 PM

I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer. Next year someone is getting a case. :lol

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfucius (Post 706716)
I got my package today, and it's awesome! Pictures will be up tomorrow (it's finals week, don't kill me).

Tomorrow is a long day apparently.

Mockery Dec 10th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGlass (Post 707132)
When someone is that forceful in their instructions, I have no choice but to play along.

Glad you liked everything and thanks for being a good sport about it! Watching your reactions to the gifts and the note was awesome. That was a loooooong video, but the ending was so worth it. I love that she actually tells you to stop sucking on the candy cane hahah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 707184)
OH MY GOODNESS THE WAIT IS OVER AND IT IS FROM CANADA. Oh, Stevetothepast, your art is as charming as your prose. Wait, space dollars? Oh. My. God. This is the best christmas ever.

WOW. You actually got a 3DO. I used to have one of those and Gex is an awesome game. Stevetothepast, I think you win the prize for most expensive gift this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 707189)
I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer. Next year someone is getting a case. :lol

Just make sure they're of age, and send some Santa's Butt beer because the labels on it are awesome.

blood_panther Dec 10th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 707189)
I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer.

technically, sending any type of alcohol through the mail (at least across borders) is illegal.

that said, I wont tell if you don't :yum

executioneer Dec 10th, 2010 04:57 PM

DREAMCAST IS A BETTER PRESENT THAN 3D0 >: PROBABLY :(

stevetothepast Dec 10th, 2010 06:22 PM

Well, I am relieved that the present arrived intact. I had visions of the beer exploding and ruining the 3d0.

MarioRPG Dec 10th, 2010 08:31 PM

Holy crap Steve, awesome gift giving. That's seriously amazing.

replicant Dec 11th, 2010 04:22 AM

Can't go wrong with some Asimov! :D

Zhukov Dec 11th, 2010 08:59 AM

Asimov beats 3DO and Gex combined.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 707202)
Well, I am relieved that the present arrived intact. I had visions of the beer exploding and ruining the 3d0.

:lol It could only make it better.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 11th, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekoneko061 (Post 707185)
Yay! My gift came today and I didn't even have to call FedEx like 10k Volt Ghost said I did.
Thank you Blood Panther! I'll post pictures when my mom gets home from work.
She has my camera. This is awesome X1000, since today is my 16th birthday.
It's just like an extra gift! Now if only my S.S. would post pics...

By the way, Leader, that chocolate santa is terrifying.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Pentegarn Dec 11th, 2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 707191)
Just make sure they're of age, and send some Santa's Butt beer because the labels on it are awesome.

This makes me think perhaps we should submit our ages to the event coordinator going forward.

Also that label is awesome

Zomboid Dec 12th, 2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 707196)
DREAMCAST IS A BETTER PRESENT THAN 3D0 >: PROBABLY :(

I was kinda thinking that. I still love it.

blood_panther Dec 13th, 2010 11:35 PM

so how many people have yet to recive a gift?

Mockery Dec 13th, 2010 11:59 PM

I haven't received mine yet. :/

Zomboid Dec 14th, 2010 12:49 AM

Mockery Dec 14th, 2010 01:26 AM

I know, and I even spoke to payroll about it. :/

Samfucius Dec 14th, 2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGlass (Post 707190)
Tomorrow is a long day apparently.

Yeah, sorry. I haven't disappeared, and I know you're waiting for me to show the world your wonderful gifts. So here they are!

I received a box in the mail, from the illustrious Chris Glass!

This was a very large box, as you can see. Also, notice the obligatory goofy face; don't worry, more goofy faces to come.

Wow! The box was absolutely stuffed with wrapped gifts! I was actually floored by this. Way to go, Mr. Glass.

Like a total idiot, I forgot to take pictures of all of the To/From stickers, as they were all unique, and awesome. One of my favorites was to: SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

The first thing I unwrapped was this Big Brain Academy card game. I have since played it, and it is good silly fun. Here I am doing my best to look smart.

Next was a little Cubix robot. I did the robot so he wouldn't feel lonely. Little did I know how unnecessary this was; you'll see.

The next gift was a big version of the little robot! Cool! Now they aren't alone.

I opened the next gift, and got a third! Wow... how many robot mouths am I going to have to feed?

The next gift was.... another robot! Here I am leaning back, simulating the crushing weight of four robots. I thought it would be a nice finale to robots, because there was no way Chris was a cool enough guy to give me more autonomous friends...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE ROOOOOOOBOTS!!! Wowie zowie!

Huh, I wonder what's next? Another game? Some candy? A DVD?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
Nope! Good thing I love robots, because I have six! (I am totally serious/not sarcastic. I adore robots.)

And after opening the last package, here's lucky robot number seven! All that was left in the box at this point was a couple of candy canes.

And here's a group photo.

The awesome robots are currently lined up on top of my cabinet, protecting my model of the cocaine molecule, the game is a lot of fun, and my girlfriend ate all my candy canes.

Thanks, Chris!
:xmas3

MarioRPG Dec 14th, 2010 10:10 AM

Robot overkill!

blood_panther Dec 14th, 2010 02:52 PM

how many players is the big brain game? hopefully at least 7....don't want a robot left out.

dextire Dec 14th, 2010 03:20 PM

I haven't seen anything Cubix since like 2002, much less an huge set of them! Nice job, Chris! :xmas1
That's some mighty impressive balancing there, Samfucious. :)

dextire Dec 15th, 2010 12:40 AM

Alright, it looks like we're getting close to a fully successful Secret Santa event this year! :xmas1 Here's where we stand as of right now.
Participants who have yet to receive a SS package:
Mockery
Blood panther
Zhukov

Participants who have yet to have a SS package received:
Nekoneko61 - Shipped on Nov 30th.
MLE - Shipped on Dec 2nd.
Zhukov - Exact Date Unknown.
Samfucius - Shipped on Dec 6th.

Participants who have received a SS package and have not yet posted photos:

Babs - Received on Dec 5th - Unknown SS.
Protoclown - Received on Dec 6th - Dextire.
;)
Nekoneko61 - Received on Dec 10th - Blood panther.

:xmas2

blood_panther Dec 15th, 2010 01:16 AM

Nekoneko61 has also yet to post pictures.

hint hint.

also not sure your numbers add up. 4 people have yet to have a present received....but only 3 people who havent gotten a gift?

dextire Dec 15th, 2010 02:01 AM

Whoops... sorry. :)

As to the numbers not adding up; Babs says he got his package but never said who it was from.
Based on the dates it looks like his SS was Nekoneko61, but I just left it blank since neither of them said this was true.
So that leaves 3 people who haven't received, and 3 people left who have shipped. Make any better sense now?

Also, it's all just a guess based on me reading the thread again so it's not official or anything. :xmas3

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 02:36 AM

Zhukov's shouldn't be surprising.

Mockery Dec 15th, 2010 02:39 AM

I have yet to receive my gift.

Protoclown told me he filmed a video for the gifts he received and he's gonna email it to me sometime soon so I can put it up on the I-Mockery Youtube account, so keep an eye out for that one this week.

blood_panther Dec 15th, 2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 707676)
As to the numbers not adding up; Babs says he got his package but never said who it was from.

oh ok. gotcha. thanks!

Zhukov Dec 15th, 2010 07:15 AM

Phew, I just got mine posted. Hope they receive it soon!
:xmas3

Zhukov Dec 15th, 2010 07:19 AM

Joke.

I'm not worried about mine since it will take ages to get here and even longer to clear customs, that goes for the one I sent as well. I should have posted it earlier I guess, but I was still looking for stuff :\ Soz.

MarioRPG Dec 15th, 2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 707670)
Alright, it looks like we're getting close to a fully successful Secret Santa event this year! :xmas1

Fingers crossed. :xmas2

blood_panther Dec 15th, 2010 02:36 PM

Woot! I just got my package in the mail. It's an extremly awesome kit, from Samfucius. Pictures will be up later today. but thank you so much Sam! the gifts were great and the letters made me and my friends cry tears of laughter!

blood_panther Dec 15th, 2010 07:39 PM

So I was sitting around playing some minecraft when what should appear at my door? why it's my secret Santa gift from none other then Samfucius!

Spoilers!

Merry Christmas to all!

MarioRPG Dec 15th, 2010 08:19 PM

You really should have went with Man Rule #1: Periods are for women.

Samfucius Dec 16th, 2010 03:47 AM

I'm really glad you liked all the stuff. It's too bad the cd got scratched up, but it was supposed to be a gag anyways, so all is well. I had so much fun picking out the stuff, and especially writing the letter. Diplomacy really is one of my favorite board games of all time, so I hope you love it as much as I have.

Edit: the songs on the CD are a clip from Highlander (The One) by Lost Horizon. The rest of the song isn't so great, but the part I sent you is awesome.

stonewar Dec 16th, 2010 01:05 PM

Diplomacy the favorite board game of JFK
Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 707752)
finally came the ultimate manly training device.

Diplomacy the board game. this will be the perfect training tool to help me take over Europe, and besides anygame that takes at least 30 minutes a round is extreme to the max!

Protoclown Dec 16th, 2010 03:33 PM

Alright, it's time for me to post my I-Mockery Secret Santa 2010 Photo Jamboree! My Secret Santa this year was Dextire, who sent me a box of awesomeness. So awesome that a holy light poured out as soon as I opened the box. It actually melted one of my roommate's faces off like at the end of Raiders, but I sadly don't have a photo of that.

There was a note inside the box, but I'm not going to include a picture of that, because it's paper, which I think you have all seen before. But it was an amusing note where Dextire explained everything that was in the box. As he warned me it contained SPOILERS, I opened all of the individually wrapped goodies first.

Here is what I found within:

A mini Sega Genesis game system with like six games that I plug directly into my TV! I have never had a Genesis, so this will be nice to play around with.

A copy of Sonic Spinball! His note explained that if I don't have a Genesis, I should display it prominently within my home so that people know what good taste I have in video games. I shall do this, and when people ask me specific questions about the game, I will distract them and jump out the nearest window.

This hilarious Transformer, Ejector. He turns into a fucking toaster. Yep. (Thinks he's a cylon). I can't think of a more ludicrously stupid thing for a Transformer to be. And he's a Decepticon too, so I guess he uses his sinister powers to BURN YOUR TOAST. Awesome. I got a very good laugh when I saw this guy.

Some DVDs! Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Trap Door, and a Rutger Hauer double feature (Omega Doom and Blind Fury, and it's hilarious how both of those cover images blend together). None of which I have seen! Excellent!

A pair of "Little Animal" telephones. I don't know why they are called Little Animal since they are clearly a Dragon Ball Z knockoff. I have included a video of all the annoying noises it makes at the end of this post! I actually have another similar cheesy annoying phone robot called "Combatant Phone". I will have to put up a video of the two of them dueling annoying noises sometime.

Tons of tasty treats!!

Some Dinosaurs Attack! and Coca-Cola trading cards. I'm sure they will be quite amusing. The Coca-Cola cards look especially cheesy. Dextire's note cautioned me not to eat the gum inside.

Some Chinese Health Balls! A hilarious little Hot Wheels watch! Some batteries to use in my Little Animal phones or perhaps the mini-Genesis! And a bald eagle keychain, which is so patriotic it's wearing a fucking American flag DO-RAG. Amazing. The only thing missing is the single tear rolling down its face!

Thank you Dextire! This was a most amusing box of stuff! This definitely gets the Protoclown stamp of approval!

And now, here is my video of the Little Animal phone in action!

Pentegarn Dec 16th, 2010 05:43 PM

You know, I think Dextire went over the spending limit :lol

Also, moon sand is not a tasty treat (probably a warning on the package somewhere saying 'do not eat'

Protoclown Dec 16th, 2010 05:58 PM

Well maybe it IS tasty and that's the biggest secret about Moon Sand like ever

dextire Dec 16th, 2010 06:56 PM

I'm really glad you liked the stuff, Protoclown! :xmas1
I don't remember sending any empty candy wrappers though. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 707908)
You know, I think Dextire went over the spending limit :lol

Actually, I came in pretty close to budget this year (not counting shipping, but that's because it doesn't count ;)).
I might have gone a little over if you include all of the filler (candy, Christmas tattoos, etc.) but it is Christmas after all. :xmas3

Mockery Dec 16th, 2010 07:03 PM

For the record, there is no spending limit, you just can't expect to have the same amount spent on you if you go overboard. But if you want to spend $100 or whatever on your Secret Santa recipient, that's perfectly fine to do. The only requirement we have is that you at least spend the minimum amount required (not including shipping fees).

Anyway, holy crap Dextire... you sent some AWESOME stuff! Sega Genesis mini, Dark Night of the Scarecrow (one of the best TV horror films ever made), Moon Sand, Toaster Transformer, the badass Dinosaur's Attack cards and more. So much Awesomeness. Well done, sir!

Proto, you made out like a bandit and I love that photo of the light from the box hitting you. Goddamn, we need to do some new photo pieces... it's been too long haha!

Zhukov Dec 16th, 2010 10:27 PM

The complete Trapdoor on DVD. Awesome.

Pentegarn Dec 17th, 2010 06:16 AM

Just so you know I wasn't complaining that it looked like he went over :)

I went over a bit myself, so did (I am sure) quite a few others

I was just yanking Dextires chain, partly to amuse myself and partly because it was a good set of items and I was jealous of his ability to find and pick out awesome stuff :lol

Pentegarn Dec 17th, 2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 707921)
we need to do some new photo pieces... it's been too long haha!

Too right it has, I love you guys' photo pieces

Zhukov Dec 17th, 2010 11:09 AM

UGH!

Ok, so I have received my Christmas present from Emily! Thanks a bunch MLE, you really did seem to get me stuff that I would like.

I guess we're posting pictures of the box, so, this is the box that MLE sent me. As you can see it it quite large, which suggests that there is a lot inside - don't be instantly fooled into thinking this is a GOOD thing though, since wads of money and keys to expensive cars don't come in large boxes. Still, it is a good size box and I'd probably use it again if I didn't already have too many boxes. Also, MLE, nice work putting my first name in the section where my last name is supposed to go on the customs declaration. Bless.

So I'll just say right up that there aren't going to be any goofy or wacky antics going on. I've got a headache and I don't know how to edit youtube videos and I'm in my pyjamas now anyway. This isn't to say that I am not very happy indeed to have received this gift. I'll use extra exclamation marks if that helps!! The first thing you are meant to notice in a present is the card/letter, and I don't know if this was on top or not, but I'll put it first.

You may have noticed that along with the garish and often OUT OF THE LINES colouring (which did make me smile!!), there are some of what appears to be crumbs covering the letter... well, that's probably because of these things...

The lid that was holding them in came undone, so that created about two metric cups of crumbs to cover everything. No matter.

Let me just say that they are WAY tastier than they look. These things are serious food, and while you may need sprinkles or icing to tell you how good something is, MLE and I just need the bare bones flavour, thanks. MMMM. They tasted like burnt sugar. Yum. I say tasted because I ate them all pretty quickly, even though there were about fifty of them.

Next up was what I am going to say is a keytag. If it's some other form of jewelery then I'll stand corrected, but for now it's a keytag. It came in a god damn box, and I'm going to guess that it's been HAND CRAFTED by MLE, which is more than any of you other fuckers bothered with. Uh, if it's NOT actually hand crafted then it's still pretty good, haha. !!!! Whatever, I think it's cool.

God knows what Hefeweizen is. Oh it's beer. Alright next item.

MLE warned me in her letter that these will probably taste bad, and I being stupid figured that they must be like Fisherman's Friend mints, in that they are really, really strong and taste like mustard. Well, no. I flipped the tin over, brushed off the crumbs and checked the ingredients... DEXTROSE, MALTODEXTRIN, MAGNESIUM, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, all pretty harmless stuff so far, STEARATE, SODIUM FLUORIDE, ARTIFICIAL MEAT FLAVOUR, wait what? Meat flavour? Haha, this must be some kind of joke? Well, no. I opened the lid and sniffed it, and that's as far as I am going. Sorry. It made me cough. Fuck off. Maybe later if anyone asks me too.

Ok, next is a lovingly strung pile of books. This reminded me of how Donald Duck used to carry his books... I tried googling "DONALD DUCK CARRYING BOOKS TIED UP OR SOMETHING" but whatever.

I'm really glad that I got some books, Stranger in a Strange Land and Starship Troopers are two really great books that I don't actually own. Nice work.

All in all, a good haul. Your biscuit things are ace, thanks. Pretty pleased with it all, and I hope you have a great Christmas. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!.

THE END.

Zhukov Dec 17th, 2010 11:11 AM

Oh, and in reply to your letter, Emily: you too babe. ;)

blood_panther Dec 17th, 2010 03:41 PM

those are some nice books there. and I've tried those mints before....they do taste kind of....strange.....but man they make for some fun bets.

so I think this means everyone but good ol mock has gotten their gift?
so shamelessly ripping off dextires list....

Participants who have yet to receive a SS package:
Mockery

Participants who have yet to have a SS package received:
Nekoneko61 - Shipped on Nov 30th.
Zhukov - Exact Date Unknown.

Participants who have received a SS package and have not yet posted photos:

Babs - Received on Dec 5th - Unknown SS.
Nekoneko61 - Received on Dec 10th - Blood panther.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 17th, 2010 03:56 PM

I think we're still waiting for Babs to post his pictures from last year too.

Dimnos Dec 17th, 2010 04:02 PM

FAILURE.

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2010 04:05 PM

ZHUKOV I WANT YOUR CARPET

Dimnos Dec 17th, 2010 04:21 PM

You guys even get Shiner down in bush?

dextire Dec 17th, 2010 05:21 PM

Quite a nice haul of stuff you got there, Zhukov! :xmas1

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 707982)
I think we're still waiting for Babs to post his pictures from last year too.

Well, I don't think he even got his gift until like the 1st of January last year.
This year he seems to be trying to set the record for longest time to post pictures after receiving the package without technically breaking the rules. :(

MLE Dec 17th, 2010 07:10 PM

Yeah, that keychain is HANDCRAFTED CHAINMAIL MADE BY YOURS TRULY.

Let's see y'all beat that

Oh and you're very welcome :D

I was also going to get you The Long Walk by Bachman (stephen king), but I couldn't find it ;_;

Zhukov Dec 18th, 2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 707987)
ZHUKOV I WANT YOUR CARPET

YOU CAN HAVE IT IT'S COVERED IN FREAKING CRUMBS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 707988)
You guys even get Shiner down in bush?

Nope.

Pentegarn Dec 18th, 2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 708000)
Well, I don't think he even got his gift until like the 1st of January last year. This year he seems to be trying to set the record for longest time to post pictures after receiving the package without technically breaking the rules. :(

the unmentionable has that record locked

dextire Dec 18th, 2010 10:51 PM

I don't know... the current record is 14 days and Babs is already up to 12. :x
He could go another 4 days before breaking the rules, so it's gonna be a close one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 707956)
I was just yanking Dextires chain, partly to amuse myself and partly because it was a good set of items and I was jealous of his ability to find and pick out awesome stuff :lol

:love:xmas2:love

Pentegarn Dec 19th, 2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 708123)
I don't know... the current record is 14 days and Babs is already up to 12. :x
He could go another 4 days before breaking the rules, so it's gonna be a close one.

I just like to say the unmentionable is the biggest a-hole refusing to post for so long, Babs actually has the current record anyway with 357 days and counting (but since that thread is locked does that record really count?) :lol

Ozzie Dec 19th, 2010 12:06 PM

I just wanna say that I opened the Steve Jackson game that Protoclown got me a few seconds ago and gave the dice inside a test roll. They came up double sixes. Protoclown got me lucky dice for Christmas! They will definitely be used as RPG damage dice in the future.

Zomboid Dec 19th, 2010 03:11 PM

Don't get upset about people not posting pictures right away. I mean really. It's for fun. Don't get all pissy and vaguely offensive.

And The Long Walk is great.

MLE Dec 19th, 2010 04:33 PM

It is for fun and all, but not posting for long periods of time detracts from it. It's why there are rules now. Because people suck the fun out of it. You should know something about that.

Zomboid Dec 19th, 2010 04:42 PM

Do you not have family or friends? I mean, aside from internet friends? Most people get busy around the holidays, and wacky facial expressions take time. I mean, just thinking about all the time you must've put into yours...tremendous dedication!

As long as he doesn't break the rules, maybe show a bit of consideration for people that speak with people other than their co-workers and parents.

MLE Dec 19th, 2010 04:44 PM

Look, most people know what their holidays are going to be like and can plan around it. That's why the rules are in place. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this, because it's a VOLUNTARY THING. People know up-front what the rules are. Stop trying to be incendiary like Mr. Unmentionable.

Zomboid Dec 19th, 2010 04:47 PM

On the contrary; I'm trying to get people to give the guy some leeway. And yeah, you're right in that you can usually plan around stuff, but if there's a time of year where shit happens that you didn't plan for, it's Christmas.

Just hoping we can all get along and give the guy some time :) :xmas3:xmas2:xmas1:xmas3:xmas2:xmas1:picklehat

MLE Dec 19th, 2010 05:08 PM

What happened to the asshole Zomboid and where did this monstrosity come from?

Zomboid Dec 19th, 2010 05:19 PM

Christmas cheer!

MLE Dec 19th, 2010 05:31 PM

Tbh, you're not even part of the secret santa, so you should go cheer your way into another sub-forum.

blood_panther Dec 19th, 2010 07:27 PM

no worries until the 22nd.

Nekoneko061 Dec 19th, 2010 08:14 PM

Okay, sorry for the wait :\ I kinda lost track of time.
I recieved my package from Blood_Panther about a week ago.
It was full of mysterious (and festive!) packages.
Sorry for the crappy quality... I have fluorescent lights in my room.

Me opening the magical Xmas box. I was kinda worried I wouldn't get it becaue just that very day, 10,000 Volts PMed me and told me my package was lost.
But here it is!

Now on to the presents!

An Airplane DVD
(Belive it or not I had never heard of this movie until I googled it.)
I watched it recently, and it was really funny, if a bit dramatic.

I got some assorted Xmas stickers!

Some lovely coffee, straight from Canada. I freaking love caffine, by the way.

The biggest present turned out to be a Canada puzzle.
It has all the provinces and capitals, and is good for learning about America's hat.

I got some chocolate Canadian Dollars too! (Is that what you call 'em?)
At first I thought it was real gold but, I was happily disappointed to learn it was chocolate, which is almost as good as gold.

I also got this rad candle thats shaped like an apple pie.
(I have an odd expression on my face because my brother just walked in my room and I'm trying to scare him back out.)

He tried to eat my pie! >:

I saved the best for last!

A Harry Potter action figure! :love
He comes with a wand and removable glasses.

Here is my brother showing off the entirity of my haul!

All in all it was a good experience. The best S.S. I've ever done actually.
Thanks so much Blood_Panther!
Now I just have to wait for Babs to upload his pictures!
:xmas2

blood_panther Dec 19th, 2010 09:11 PM

glad to see you enjoyed the gifts! I was worried when you told us your age, you wouldnt have liked the coffee. nice to know I was wrong. the DVD should also have "airplane 2 the sequel" on it. while not as good as the first, it's still pretty funny.

Pentegarn Dec 20th, 2010 06:16 AM

Airplane was one of the best movies for word humor ever

"There's a problem in the cockpit"

"What is it?"

"It's the front section of the plane where the pilots are, but that's not important now" :lol

Zhukov Dec 20th, 2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 708221)
On the contrary; I'm trying to get people to give the guy some leeway. And yeah, you're right in that you can usually plan around stuff, but if there's a time of year where shit happens that you didn't plan for, it's Christmas.

Just hoping we can all get along and give the guy some time :) :xmas3:xmas2:xmas1:xmas3:xmas2:xmas1:picklehat

I was sick last year and took ages to post my pictures.

In other news, Christ I hope my package is delivered soon. :\

stonewar Dec 20th, 2010 02:28 PM

Never heard of Airplane!?!

I feel old. I guess I am compared to some of these whippersnappers since I would be eligble to recieve beer as gift.

Dimnos Dec 20th, 2010 04:08 PM

Dont feel bad about it. Like you yourself said... You are eligible to receive beer.

Mockery Dec 21st, 2010 06:09 AM

I finally received my overdue Secret Santa gift late today! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! My Secret Santa was Zhukov, and it sounds like he had some trouble shipping it from Australia. (tip for next year: send your gifts earlier ;) )

Anyway, allow me to show you the nifty things he sent me:

First up, we have a dripping wet box. Shame on you, Zhukov, for not controlling the weather!

STUPID CUSTOMS FORMS... ALWAYS TRYING TO RUIN THE SURPRISE. >:

I WILL LOOK THIS CRYPTIC MESSAGE ON ON ALTAVISTA'S BABEL FISH SO IT CAN TELL ME WHAT YOU JUST SAID ON THAT LEFT PAGE. BUT NO, MY TV DVD PLAYER ONLY PLAYS REGION 1 DVDS. HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND SOMETHING TO PLAY IT ON MY LAPTOP WITH THOUGH INSTEAD.

LOOK AT ALL THESE WONDERFUL AUSTRALIAN THINGS (EXCEPT FOR THE PACMAN GHOST SOUR CANDIES, WHICH ARE TASTY) THAT ZHUKOV SENT ME! THERE'S THE AFOREMENTIONED DVD FOR "THE CASTLE" WHICH IS REGION 4, A PACMAN GHOST TIN OF SOUR CANDIES, A VARIETY OF CANDY BARS (NONE OF WHICH I'VE EVER TRIED, SO THAT SHOULD BE FUN). I PARTICULARLY LIKE THE NAME "CHOKITO" BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE A CANDY THAT TESTS YOUR ESOPHAGEAL BRAVERY. HE ALSO SENT FANTALES CHEWY CHOCOLATE CARAMELS, A LITTLE NOTEBOOK THAT LOOKS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A PASSPORT BUT ISN'T, AND OF COURSE... A JAR OF VEGEMITE. BUT THIS ISN'T THE CLASSIC VEGEMITE, IT'S THE NEWER "CHEESYBITE" KIND WHICH IS A MIXTURE OF VEGEMITE AND CHEESE. I'VE NEVER HAD CLASSIC VEGEMITE OR THIS NEW KIND, SO I LOOK FORWARD TO TRYING IT OUT AND HOPEFULLY NOT BARFING.

BEST OF ALL THOUGH...

MY BIG HOMEMADE PACMAN GHOST FINALLY HAS A BUDDY. A TRUE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE INDEED.

THANKS AGAIN ZHUKOV! I'LL TREASURE THIS SOGGY BOX FULL OF AUSTRALIAN GOODIES FOREVER
:xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1 :xmas1

Zhukov Dec 21st, 2010 07:29 AM

Why... why was it wet? :(

Oh well, thank christ and mas it made it to you, since I would have been banned forever had I not managed to send your good self and coincidental owner of these forums a gift. PHEW. I totally forgot about the damn DVD until it was too late, but try hard to watch it since it's a really heartwarming Australian tale!

Oh, and you don't say Bonza Chrimbo over there? Freak.

Dimnos Dec 21st, 2010 01:49 PM

Wow there really was vegemite in there. :lol

blood_panther Dec 21st, 2010 05:20 PM

so...everyone got a package?

woot!

so I guess once babs posts his pictures this event will be finished! nice to see the event go off without a hitch. it was my first secret santa but I'm glad I joined up.

Mockery Dec 21st, 2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 708459)
Why... why was it wet? :(

Oh well, thank christ and mas it made it to you, since I would have been banned forever had I not managed to send your good self and coincidental owner of these forums a gift. PHEW. I totally forgot about the damn DVD until it was too late, but try hard to watch it since it's a really heartwarming Australian tale!

Oh, and you don't say Bonza Chrimbo over there? Freak.

We've been having record rainfall out here this winter. It hasn't stopped raining for well over a week now. I think the entire state is a mudslide at this point. And the mail delivery guy just left your package sitting on my front doorstep. It's ok, I'm sure it needed a bath.

I'll definitely try to watch the DVD when I have a chance and I'm looking forward to eating the candy bars too. Which one is your favorite kind btw?

Speaking of that, I take it you like vegemite cheesybite more than standard vegemite?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 708518)
so...everyone got a package? woot!

I believe so. Just a few stragglers need to post their photos now, right? Or is it just Babs?

dextire Dec 21st, 2010 05:32 PM

Babs posting his photos is all that's left, I believe. Definitely the most successful Secret Santa yet! :xmas1

Zomboid Dec 21st, 2010 05:43 PM

I'd say that was 2006, chum!

Pentegarn Dec 21st, 2010 05:56 PM

06 is nice, look at it if you get the chance.

Vegemite cheesybite... I look forward to the vegemite cheesybite review, sounds like it will either be really good or really horrible. Time will tell which though

Mockery Dec 21st, 2010 06:06 PM

I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty awful, but I must try it just to say I've had it. I'll be sure to play a particular Men At Work song while eating it.

Also, I just spoke with Babs and the photos are being uploaded as we speak, so aside from a few lil' delays, this event was definitely a great one. It's always nice when nobody gets screwed over. :picklehat

dextire Dec 21st, 2010 07:28 PM

I'll have to check out '06. Right now all I can remember from it is:

I've had vegemite a total of three times in my life, none of them pleasant. :)

Babs Dec 21st, 2010 09:47 PM

I'm really sorry everyone for making you wait. I've been extraordinarily busy with finals, christmas shopping, holidays, and all other kinds of stuff but never the less, the wait is over.

So I was a little hesitant at first seeing as there were visible claw marks on the package. Someone trying to get into my package or something trying to get out... just a little worried to find out.

Proceeded with a little caution.

I mean should I be worried or excited?

Still not sure about my emotions right now.

Finally, some explanation to the claw marks. Obviously some blue-collar workers from the post office sniffed out the booze and tried clawing their way into my Secret Santa present.

Wait.. Why is the 18 pack taped back up? Is this some kind of sick joke? So after a miserable attempt to claw through my Secret Santa package, they still managed to steal my very highly commercialized beer and audaciously taped the box back up and made it appear as if there's still beer inside? Merry Christmas.

Wait a second. What's this over here I see?

It's a note from Nekoneko061. It's a vague list explaining some of the gifts in what appeared to be a case of beer. Wow, I'm terribly sorry. I should of known better than to accuse some proletariat's of stealing some Miller lite.

So the list goes something like this.
-Pecans
-"Incense"
-Bad ass belt buckles
-German chocolates that nekoneko thought "looked good"
-A movie card that I'll probably forget
-Stuff they don't know what they got me

The first item I see is a white bag filled with what seems to be the pecans.

It is indeed the "Southern pecans" that you kindly picked all by yourself like a big person would. I would like to add that they were very delicious actually and that I must acquire some more STAT.

So I did some more digging and found some of the incense you mentioned (like to add that I do indeed plan on using them for personal meditation purposes only) and some of what you call German chocolates along with the rest of the candy you sent. Never got around to eating the spider man child cigarettes but I did try some of the chocolate and the dark chocolate with marzipan was actually awful. Don't worry, the milk chocolate with cornflakes saved it.

On forth with the digging in which I stumble upon the very manly belt buckles, a gargoyle wall ornament, party napkins (how'd you know I needed these), the movie card, and 3 novels. One of the books (Survivor: A novel) I'm rather familiar with and have been looking forward to give another read. As for the other books, especially Forbidden Knowledge, I don't think it's so much the knowledge that is forbidden as it is more information this is unappliable. All around, great gifts but that's not all, there is still ONE more I've been waiting to take out since I opened the box.

IT'S DUMBLEDORE!:worship

Oh hell yeah. A 100% genuine Dumbledore.

Thank you so much Nekoneko, I'm super excited about this. I promise to take real good care of him and make sure to never let his precious plastic skin touch the air.

What can I say. I pretty much had the best Secret Santa ever! Just look at that haul, how could I not be satisfied with that? Thank you very much Nekoneko, you have definitely made my slow-picture-putting-up ass very joyous. Now excuse me while Dumbledore and I go meditate and after wards, snobbishly eat our German chocolate and read our Chuck Palahniuk novels while wearing our extremely manly belt buckles.

Mockery Dec 21st, 2010 10:35 PM

Awesome haul indeed, Babs! Glad you got some fine gifts this time around. Big kudos to Nekoneko on a job well done with your gift-giving. Miller lite box makes for an excellent wrapping job btw.

dextire Dec 21st, 2010 11:02 PM

Alright, Babs! Nice collection of gifts you received, man! :xmas1

Well, that's it by my calculations. Secret Santa is complete with time to spare! Great job, everyone! :)
Merry Christmas! :xmas2:rock:xmas2:xmas3

Zhukov Dec 22nd, 2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 708519)
I'll definitely try to watch the DVD when I have a chance and I'm looking forward to eating the candy bars too. Which one is your favorite kind btw?

I eat a Cherry Ripe every day, and that is no joke. I seriously have to stop myself from buying more.

Milo bars are good too, and the Chokito is up there. I don't really like Violet Crumbles since I think they are just a poor man's Crunchie - but it's iconic.

Quote:

Speaking of that, I take it you like vegemite cheesybite more than standard vegemite?
That's a difficult question. I think the cheesybite is easier to accept into your mouth, and you can eat it without butter... I don't know I LOVE THEM BOTH. I think cheesybite is better for vegemite virgins, which is why you have it.

That's some nice Nazi belt buckle paraphernalia there babs!