I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Fathom Zero Feb 2nd, 2010 02:52 PM

I really like It Can Happen. :(

Guitar Woman Feb 2nd, 2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Is this a case of you going SWEEJUS CHRISTI HE LOOKS JUST LIKE THAT ANIME CHARACTER I LIKE, or is he one of those people that reads Shonen Jump in public and dates fat girls

And you're in high school journalism? I thought that you were a freshman in college by now
He's one of those DUDE I'M ACTING JUST LIKE AN ANIMU CHARACTER THAT NOBODY'S EVER HEARD OF I AM UNIQUE AND ORIGINAL people, when most normal people realize imitating fictional characters is retarded by 4th grade. Basically it's a complete lack of personality on his part and completely fucking sad, I thought I'd share with you guys because I know you like making fun of pathetic people. Couldn't really get a good video or any pictures today, I'll try again on thursday.

And I'm in a lollege Journalism class. Two, actually. I attended one in high school, but it was total shit and just an excuse to sit around playing Earthbound the entire period.

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

So I assume he's over eighteen. What the fuck?

Aren't you guys allowed to run your own paper? What's with this assignment crap?

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 670770)

I would deny the fuck out of being a YES fan, but the second I'm alone in the car I'm all like LOVE WILL FIIIIND A WAY,

IF YOU WANT IT TO

Guitar Woman Feb 2nd, 2010 03:03 PM

Well, we're working on getting the online paper up, but in the mean time we're working on un-learning what school's taught us about fluffing papers up with overexertions of verbosity and whatnot.

Basically, how to write so that a normal person can read it without getting bored as fuck or needing a dictionary. I think we're doing well!

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 03:04 PM

When are you publishing an actual paper?

Fathom Zero Feb 2nd, 2010 03:04 PM

I can't do journalism for that reason. More power to ya, sweetheart.

Fathom Zero Feb 2nd, 2010 03:05 PM

I can sing Heat of the Moment in Randy Newman's voice. :|

Guitar Woman Feb 2nd, 2010 03:06 PM

Well, probably never, since nobody actually runs print anymore. :lol :(

I dunno, we might, we might not, I'd be happy just writing for a website

Colonel Flagg Feb 2nd, 2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 670770)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 670773)
[...] the second I'm alone in the car I'm all like LOVE WILL FIIIIND A WAY

I was in Grad school when both '90125' and 'Big Generator' came out, and both these albums bring back EVIL MEMORIES >:

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 03:23 PM

Because both of those albums were horrible.

Pentegarn Feb 2nd, 2010 03:47 PM

I hate 90125 because that seems to be the album everyone thinks of when you mention Yes. And it is by far their worst album. I tell everyone "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is the bottom of the barrel of Yes music. They have many good albums, but nobody will listen to the good ones like "Fragile", "Close to the Edge", or "Going for the One"

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 03:51 PM

"The critical reaction to Relayer, coming after a predecessor that many critics felt was pretentious and long-winded, was mixed. However, it was still a commercial success, with many observers later considering it vastly underrated"

:lol

Fathom Zero Feb 2nd, 2010 03:55 PM

Owner of a Lonely Heart is a contender for my Most Hated Song Ever.

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 03:59 PM

"NEW YORK (Reuters) – After tasting 37 different blended coffees, Consumer Reports couldn't find one that measured up to its "excellent" or "very good" ratings, the publication said Tuesday.
The less-than-glowing report follows a year that saw tight supplies of high-quality arabica coffee beans in Colombia, followed by steep premiums that caused some roasters to look for cheaper and more available options for their blends."

:tear

Flagg is gonna be upset.

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 04:02 PM

I keep waiting for Roger Dean to try and release his movie :lol

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 04:11 PM

Did he ever consider an animated movie?

edit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_D...9#Film_project

:lol

executioneer Feb 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

didn't avatar already come out

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

I actually did think immediately of Roger Dean when I saw the floating island images from Avatar

James Cameron jacked his shit :pro

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 04:18 PM

He probably rented a theater all to himself and watched Avatar in stony silence

"DAMN CAMERON! DAMN HIM TO HELL!"

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 04:19 PM

Hahahhahaha

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 04:21 PM

There was some popular anime with floating islands that had giant peaceful robots and airplane pirates. GW should know the name of it. Called Lola or some shit.

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 04:23 PM

What the fuck kind of failure is a peaceful robot? Asian hippies

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2010 04:36 PM

Found it.Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Grislygus Feb 2nd, 2010 05:22 PM

Oh Jesus, I remember GW going off about the mahnga version of that

Mark Hamill dubbed in the english version, I think. Eighties? Can't remember