I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Emu Jul 22nd, 2017 07:16 PM

Also, willie being outed as a brony is literally what killed this forum. This I believe.

Emu Jul 23rd, 2017 10:55 PM

Is fucked up to think that this thread is 13 years old. I'm in my god damn 30s now and I was posting here as a teenager and it's still here and I can post dumb navel gazing posts like this one

Emu Jul 23rd, 2017 10:59 PM

Since this thread's inception I have lived in three different time zones, one of them twice

captain516 Jul 24th, 2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 771609)
Also, willie being outed as a brony is literally what killed this forum. This I believe.

Definitely. It wasn't because of a massive shift from web forums to social media or anything. It wasn't because updates and content on this site have both sharply decreased. Some guy was a fan of a cartoon show, and all of a sudden nobody wanted to be in the same room as him.

C'mon, son.

Tadao Jul 24th, 2017 02:13 PM

We all know Fluoride killed the forum.

Emu Jul 25th, 2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 771612)
Definitely. It wasn't because of a massive shift from web forums to social media or anything. It wasn't because updates and content on this site have both sharply decreased. Some guy was a fan of a cartoon show, and all of a sudden nobody wanted to be in the same room as him.

C'mon, son.

I appreciate you sticking up for me

Esuohlim Jul 30th, 2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 771610)
Is fucked up to think that this thread is 13 years old. I'm in my god damn 30s now and I was posting here as a teenager and it's still here and I can post dumb navel gazing posts like this one

This place meant a lot to me too Emu :(

Esuohlim Jul 30th, 2017 10:43 AM

The fact that I was a fucking 15-year-old kid when I started posting here and was accepted almost immediately meant the world to me at the time.

Now it seems so strange to me how much I cared. Teenagers are pretty stupid.

Mockery Aug 2nd, 2017 06:26 PM

I'd love to update the site more often like I did back in the day, but I make my own games these now, and that takes up a huge amount o' time. That said, you can always count on the site being updated regularly throughout the annual "Two Months of Halloween" celebration. Looking forward to September 1st!

Zomboid Aug 4th, 2017 12:29 AM

Geez. In a year or two, it'll have been 20 years since I registered for the old i-mock ezboard forum. That's...so fucked up. We're all old now, and even just logging in again feels weird.

MarioRPG Sep 1st, 2017 03:11 PM

Not sure what made me stop in, perhaps my subconscious was reminding me that the Two Months Of Halloween was starting up. AS most of this page has indicated there is a strange sort of nostalgia here. I remember being in early highschool on this site and that seems like a lifetime away.

Not sure what I'm really trying to say other than I am excited for the Halloween features and posts.

e: did Esuohlim ever watch Twin Peaks? So many unanswered questions.

Mockery Sep 2nd, 2017 03:06 PM

Zomboid - Yep, 2 years away from being 20 years ago when I registered I-Mockery. Of course, it's technically 20 years old already since it actually began years earlier on Geocities... I just moved a lot of the sub-sections onto I-Mockery so they'd be in one place once I registered the domain. And yep, we're all old mummies now.

MarioRPG - I think most people who used to be on the site come back here around September 1st. If nothing else, people remember the Two Months of Halloween tradition has been going on for nearly two decades, so it's kind of ingrained in our brains as part of celebrating the season. Glad you're looking forward to the articles, cuz I have a LOT o' fun stuff planned for this season. :halloween2

Tadao Sep 2nd, 2017 04:18 PM

I wish we had new blood here for 2 months of RoGerWeen, but I know you are probably the only one running the site now and I wouldn't want to deal with mass spam either.

stevetothepast Sep 5th, 2017 11:39 AM

There isn't really a way to get to the forum from the main page new people would visit so we probably won't be seeing any Trick or Treatin' visitors make it to the back end.

Dr. V Sep 8th, 2017 01:56 PM

At year 20 Rog should do a retrospective on the site. I think that would be pretty neato.

Chojin Sep 8th, 2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 771647)
There isn't really a way to get to the forum from the main page new people would visit so we probably won't be seeing any Trick or Treatin' visitors make it to the back end.

You also have to e-mail rog to register now, iirc

also hi

pram maven called me on my business line about 4 months ago to demand I remove threads about him or something. i think threats were involved

Tadao Sep 8th, 2017 11:13 PM

Really? Hahahah

HickMan Sep 9th, 2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 771618)
The fact that I was a fucking 15-year-old kid when I started posting here and was accepted almost immediately meant the world to me at the time.

Now it seems so strange to me how much I cared. Teenagers are pretty stupid.

This place was a huge part of my adolescence as well. Both the content provided by RoG and also the forum. You guys were my secret group of friends I could be completely honest with. We've all gone through major life changes since most users parted ways from here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks back to the golden days of this message board with a bit of nostalgia. The community we had was made up of a diverse group of misfits and was perfect for me and the rest of us at the time.

Also yes, this is the perfect time to catch up on Twin Peaks.

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 15th, 2017 04:44 PM

I used to come here more than old social media sites. All sorts of little ones died on the way before Facebook really came and took over. I miss the shit out of those days. I stopped coming here for awhile after my friend's mom died and we both discovered it together. I kind of stayed away from the internet entirely for awhile after that.

But I kept lurking and coming back to post sometimes, and I'm glad some of us are still here.

I-mockery for prez 2020

Tadao Oct 16th, 2017 01:11 AM

Do you have more friend's mom that can die?

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 16th, 2017 02:01 PM

There's a few I'm sure that are on their way out. I'll mail you a memorial card or two

jin Oct 19th, 2017 05:49 AM

;>

mew barios Oct 20th, 2017 01:53 AM

sup

jin Oct 20th, 2017 10:18 AM

Mew, I love the shit out of you. Rainbow Cemetery began my love of retrowave and outrun, and your smilie style is still my go-to, 14 Years later.

Know you are appreciated ;>

mew barios Oct 21st, 2017 01:50 PM

that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :o