I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   ROCK BAND (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698364)

Schimid Dec 6th, 2007 04:45 PM

ROCK BAND

Anyone else have this and three friends?

I do!

We started a band a few nights ago and have been clamoring to play it together ever since...does anyone else have the problem of having one really, really good player amongst a bunch of average ones?

I ask because I'm really good at guitar and I can sing most songs on Hard (if i know them)...but my friend can sing, drum AND play guitar, all on expert, and all much better than everyone else. He'll usually have to sing and drum at the same time if we can't do it. Our lineup is me on guitar, another friend on bass, and this marvelous man on drums/singing/drums and singing. The thing is, we have about eight people altogether in the band, just switching out and whatnot.

It's really easy, but we got over 1,000,000 points on In Bloom :D

My favorite song to sing is Maps :D

We're stuck right now on a few songs, namely Reptilia (can't match the vocals) and Dead On Arrival.

DuFresne Dec 6th, 2007 05:01 PM

I actually didn't know the game gave the option to sing while playing another instrument. Or does it count as two seperate players?

Schimid Dec 6th, 2007 05:19 PM

It's just two separate players; one of us holds up the mic to his mouth while he plays drums. I think the game comes with a mic stand, but the owner doesn't have it?

Mintrude Dec 7th, 2007 03:01 PM

The DLC for this game is soooooooo awesome, I'm buying an Xbox 360 for it.

darkvare Dec 8th, 2007 10:05 AM

im only getting guitar hero 3

Cedar Dec 8th, 2007 12:49 PM

the drums are great

HickMan Dec 9th, 2007 03:02 AM

What's the song lineup on this game?

Dr. V Dec 11th, 2007 03:13 AM

I jumped on the durms at Best Buy today. I kicked the shit out of expert. Guess playing for 7 years helps, but ya know.

Schimid Dec 11th, 2007 02:51 PM

The main setlist consists of the following 45 songs:[1][2] [edit] Bonus songs

A total of 13 bonus songs are available for unlocking in the game.[2][3]

Dr. V Dec 13th, 2007 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid (Post 514119)

HickMan Dec 13th, 2007 11:57 AM

This is not satisfactory because half of those songs are one Guitar hero 3 >:

Chojin Dec 13th, 2007 04:37 PM

Also, Brainpower by Freezepop sucks :<

Guitar Woman Dec 13th, 2007 06:05 PM

:x

Dr. V Dec 13th, 2007 07:28 PM

Why couldn't guitar hero come with drums? This game kinda sucks but I want to play the drums dammit.

eggyolk Dec 14th, 2007 12:02 PM

i must say that's quite a slammin' set list

Chojin Dec 14th, 2007 02:22 PM

guitar hero can fucking lick me

Dr. V Dec 14th, 2007 09:03 PM

don't be jealous of my drumming.

darkvare Dec 14th, 2007 09:12 PM

they need to make drum hero and sell it on its own

Chojin Dec 14th, 2007 10:30 PM

why

Dr. V Dec 15th, 2007 01:02 AM

So I could kick its ass.

Mockery Dec 15th, 2007 04:50 AM

I played Rock Band last night for the first time, and while it's way better than Guitar Hero (a game I can't get into) since you actually get to do Karaoke with it I still wish there was an alternate version of the games for real musicians. Yes, I realize I probably sound like the old dad in that SP episode or something when he tries showing the kids how he can play a real guitar... but damnit, if they made a version of this game with a REAL guitar instead of the stupid 5-button shit, I'd be all over that.

I was in a Japanese arcade a few weeks back and they had a game like this with a full piano keyboard that you had to play and I thought it was great because it's actually teaching people to learn an instrument while they play. So I see no reason why somebody couldn't do a game like this for real guitarists. It'd be such a great way to get people to learn to play real instruments.

I guess it's a lot like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing... learning typing isn't a fun thing, but the Mavis Beacon program made it fun and as a result I eventually became speedy as hell. I can only imagine what a game that makes learning to play a real guitar fun like that would do for a person's skills.

(btw, if such a game does already exist, I'm unaware of it, so please lemme know)

Dr. V Dec 15th, 2007 06:18 AM

I totally agree. There's this arcade game out there that has an eletric drum kit and it just plays mp3's and you play along. It's really fun but it's not really a game, more just a jukebox with drums attached. If they added some kind of target beat keeping or something then I'd be all over it.
For that matter, why the hell hasn't there been an arcade version of GH? Mario kart arcade worked out ok.

HickMan Dec 15th, 2007 01:51 PM

Mavis Beacon's a dirty slut of a keyboard instructor. But I'll be damned if I don't love her for it

darkvare Dec 15th, 2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 514541)
why

for the money also can you get rock band with drums only

Dr. Boogie Dec 15th, 2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Volshurawitz (Post 514581)
For that matter, why the hell hasn't there been an arcade version of GH?

There's some kind of guitar arcade game out there. My brother used to play it all the time before GH came out.