I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   the trailer thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704783)

darkvare Jun 10th, 2010 08:03 PM

the trailer thread

well i figure it would be a good idea with e3 coming and the barrage of trailers that is incoming for next week, and maybe keep it to talk about new game sneak peeks.
first is the new mk one

and necromachina i like it a lot reminds me of strider but with 4 players

Dr. Boogie Jun 11th, 2010 08:53 PM

Shut up, I'm excited about it.

Also, lol @ the only female character having no pants.

After years of waiting.

darkvare Jun 11th, 2010 09:19 PM

oh fists of the north star is coming to the us :0 i spent a whole 20 hours playing a ps 1 version

Tadao Jun 11th, 2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 688910)
oh fists of the north star is coming to the us :0 i spent a whole 20 hours playing a ps 1 version

Is there a trailer for it? Cause this is the trailer thread.

darkvare Jun 11th, 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 688911)
Is there a trailer for it? Cause this is the trailer thread.

the ps1 version or the one that dr boogie posted?

Tadao Jun 11th, 2010 10:53 PM

Ooops! I didn't realize he posted that. Sorry.

Pentegarn Jun 12th, 2010 07:03 AM

The Fist trailer looks pretty fun, has kind of a Dynasty Warriors vibe to it

Mockery Jun 12th, 2010 05:51 PM

Dimnos Jun 12th, 2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 688970)
The Fist trailer looks pretty fun, has kind of a Dynasty Warriors vibe to it

I believe it's doneby the same people and that it started it's life as "Dynasty Warriors: Fist of the North Star". Of corse I may have had to much gin tonight.

k0k0 Jun 13th, 2010 05:20 AM

I play the hell out of every dynasty warriors that comes out...even though they're just copy and paste clones of eachother, so I'm looking forward to it.

Pentegarn Jun 13th, 2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 689049)
I believe it's doneby the same people and that it started it's life as "Dynasty Warriors: Fist of the North Star". Of corse I may have had to much gin tonight.

Too much gin? I know those three words but I didn't think it was possible to put them together in a sentence like that

Chojin Jun 13th, 2010 10:06 AM

i could not be less excited about another starcraft game

diablo i might play though

darkvare Jun 13th, 2010 11:11 AM

comic jumper

looks pretty sweet i specially like the conan esque style

Dr. Boogie Jun 13th, 2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 689049)

Same people, yeah. And it started out as "Hokuto Musou", which is basically just "Dynasty Warriors: Fist of the North Star."

I don't know why they bothered to not call it that. When they gave the Gundam universe the DW treatment they called it what it was; "Dynasty Warriors Gundam," not "Gundam: Giant Robot Party" or anything like that.

kahljorn Jun 14th, 2010 04:05 AM

a fist of the north star video game :O

i know its the dynasty warrior thing but i wish the bodies exploded cooler.

Dimnos Jun 14th, 2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 689063)
Too much gin? I know those three words but I didn't think it was possible to put them together in a sentence like that

Not to much in the traditional sense. Just to much to recall some things. ;)

k0k0 Jun 14th, 2010 11:17 AM

I would probably actually play a game called Giant Robot Party. But only if you could follow your robot pre-party, going to the store to buy some wine to bring, deciding if he should bring some robo-snacks.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2010 04:17 PM

Metal Gear Rising looks really fucking rad. I'm hoping you really can cut up damn near everything, because the bits in the trailer where the player cut through some concrete pillars and made them fall on some guys were awesome, and slicing one dude any which way in midair is just cool.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...al-gear/101272

Dr. Boogie Jun 14th, 2010 04:44 PM

MGS finally gets a limited version of the Red Faction engine. Could be neat.

k0k0 Jun 14th, 2010 04:59 PM

Oh I loved Red Faction for it's destruction...pretty much any game where you can destroy all the buildings is awesome. Although I was kinda pissed that towards the end there were a few buildings you couldn't totally destroy. But I remember spending at least an hour on the tutorial mission for the sledge hammer bashing everything. If MG Rising does anything like that destruction-wise, I'd be happy.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 15th, 2010 04:08 PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...-icarus/101485

Holy shit, Kid Icarus looks awesome, and the 3DS is really impressive! I wish I could see the actual 3D effects; I'm hearing really great things about it.

Dimnos Jun 15th, 2010 04:19 PM

A NEW Kid Icarus!!! I have SOOOO been waiting for this day to come!! They can just shut E3 down now for this year. Nintendo wins.

Fathom Zero Jun 15th, 2010 04:30 PM

The 3DS looks like a piece of chintzy garbage. I'd say let's hope that the final design is matte, but knowing Nintendo, that's probably what's being produced. Ugh.

The games look kinda nice, though. I'm always into new Metal Gear.

Fathom Zero Jun 15th, 2010 05:15 PM

ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD: NEW TWISTED METAL

Phoenix Gamma Jun 15th, 2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 689306)
The 3DS looks like a piece of chintzy garbage. I'd say let's hope that the final design is matte, but knowing Nintendo, that's probably what's being produced. Ugh.

The games look kinda nice, though. I'm always into new Metal Gear.

Yea, I don't like the finish either, but from what I hear, the analog slider is like the PSP's except it doesn't make you hate yourself. And I hear great things about the camera and 3D effects, so I really, really want this to be bumped up to this fall (won't happen, though :( )

The games look fantastic. It's getting some immense support from Konami, Capcom, Square, Atlus, EA, Ubisoft...and Nintendo's putting out some really solid stuff for it too. I think the PDF they released on their site had something like 30 games for the system, and all big hitters like Resident Evil and MGS and Star Fox (and Zelda and Kid Icarus and Paper Mario...)

Stellar lineup this year. When you barely have time for MGS, Dragon Quest, or remakes of Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64, you know you've got a good show.