I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Who here is Jewish? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22185)

Archduke Tips Aug 30th, 2006 07:47 PM

Who here is Jewish?

I'm not, but I have people ask me about two or three times a month if I am Jewish. Sometimes I sing hava-nagila (sp?) when they ask.

JEW POWERS UNITE!

Courage the Cowardly Dog Aug 30th, 2006 07:53 PM

I'm part jewish and love the culture. I don't have enough in me to be considered a jew or be offended by Kyle jokes on South Park, but i tend to side with Israel and know my way around aincent Hebrew.

Archduke Tips Aug 30th, 2006 08:19 PM

I think if I learned Hebrew I could probably pass myself off as an Israeli.

I think if I went to Lebanon I would be dead in about 2 hours or less.

But I was raised Roman Catholic, and all I believe right now is that I should always keep myself on the path that God presents for me. That's what I've done so far and it has been pretty good.

Abcdxxxx Aug 30th, 2006 08:23 PM

Pretty much everyone here accept for Geggy and Ziggy. Burbank's a convert, no matter he says. It's gonna be really hard to round us all up.

Marc Summers Aug 30th, 2006 08:25 PM

Partly jewish, from the maternal side

Courage the Cowardly Dog Aug 30th, 2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Pretty much everyone here accept for Geggy and Ziggy. Burbank's a convert, no matter he says. It's gonna be really hard to round us all up.

Cool this forum controls hollywood and the media, TAKE THAT MEL GIBSON!

DuFresne Aug 30th, 2006 08:33 PM

I'm a Roman Catholic Jewish Agnostic. Go figure.

Miss Modular Aug 30th, 2006 11:46 PM

Re: Who here is Jewish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussoNWM
I'm not, but I have people ask me about two or three times a month if I am Jewish. Sometimes I sing hava-nagila (sp?) when they ask.

I got a lot of this when I was in college. If anything, It got me very interested in exploring my Catholic background a LOT more.

I find Judaism very fascinating.

DuFresne Aug 31st, 2006 01:13 AM

I-mockery does'nt seem to attract many protestants, does it?

ArrowX Aug 31st, 2006 01:46 AM

I'm a scientologist, now gimme all yer moneys!

Actually I dont' consider myself anything. I find most religions really fascinating because they all go to war and fight and murder and die for in esscence the same ideas and morals, escept for the Crazy Muslims I stay away from that stuff.

Archduke Tips Aug 31st, 2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Modular

I got a lot of this when I was in college. If anything, It got me very interested in exploring my Catholic background a LOT more.

I find Judaism very fascinating.

Do your ancestors come from Italy?

Grislygus Aug 31st, 2006 12:21 PM

Strange. People seem to think that I'm Jewish, too. I've even discovered recently that two close friends thought I was Jewish.

Miss Modular Aug 31st, 2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussoNWM
Do your ancestors come from Italy?

No. Ireland, Austria, and Germany, actually.

But I do wish I was Italian. :(

conus Aug 31st, 2006 04:20 PM

I'm a former Protestant, an atheist with strong Israeli sympathies, probably because I'm old enough to have grown up under the shadow of the holocaust. As kids we played army, a theme we saw again and again on television shows. We had heard stories of lampshades and soap and would talk about it. Israel's actions sometimes disgust me, but I can't bring myself to side against them.

DuFresne Aug 31st, 2006 06:03 PM

whoa... how old are you? :eek If you're not lying, you've gotta be the oldest one here!

Archduke Tips Aug 31st, 2006 06:23 PM

So the obvious thing to do here is to start a "People Who Look Jewish" club.

conus Aug 31st, 2006 06:42 PM

Courage the Cowardly Dog Aug 31st, 2006 07:08 PM

if you saw my nose you'd think i'm jewish

mburbank Sep 1st, 2006 10:30 AM

OMG, CONUS!! You have taken my oldest living Mocker Crown!!

I'm 44, and you are now the foocial old guy.

As for Jewsihness, haven't we done this before?

Convert, schmonvert. Abcderfefs refers to the fact that I am a member of a Unitarian church. Unitrianism is creddless, an I have yet to see any Jewishj doctrine that says you loose your Jewishness by being a Unitarian any more than by being a Rotarian. I'm all Jew all the way back to the Russian conversion.

I'm not proud of it, because I don't believe in pride over something you are born. I'm not proud of my black hair either. But I'm certainly not ashamed of my Jewishocity. Or my hair.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 1st, 2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conus

Are you serious?

Here I was assuming you were like a college freshman or something, good grief....

conus Sep 1st, 2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Here I was assuming you were like a college freshman or something, good grief....
Well, at one point I was a college freshman. At that time Gerald Ford was getting all excited over what might happen next.

Speaking of which, you are still in high school aren't you? Truthfully, the only reason I'm here is that they kicked me out of My Space. I read one of your posts and naturally assumed...

__________________________________________________ __

mburbank Sep 1st, 2006 01:35 PM

Whip Inflation Now, Baby! Doesn't it make you all nostalgic having so many members of Ford's administration back in the White House? Is Kevin a punk whipper snapper or what?

conus Sep 1st, 2006 02:09 PM

Yeah, there's a whole slew of them.

Here are a couple of White House Chiefs of Staff. Note the little evil one on the left when he had hair, and, presumably, before he'd shot anyone.

Here's another of Rummy

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 1st, 2006 02:21 PM

My understainding is that f your mother was Jewish then you are Jewish, in terms of faith and not just race, regardless of religious beliefs. You could convert to Christianity, become Buddhist or even become anit-semite - you will be Jewish and counted amoung them by the religious leaders.

Archduke Tips Sep 1st, 2006 03:37 PM

Or you could look like a Jew and get into countless barmitzavahaaslkjs and not even know how to spell anything remotely Jewish.