I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Come on, Christians... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18348)

WICKED Sep 11th, 2005 11:06 PM

Come on, Christians...

OK, guys. It's now 2005. I think we're pretty much reaching the upper margin-of-error on that whole Jesus-coming-back thing. I'll give it another week at best.

Pub Lover Sep 11th, 2005 11:19 PM

Man, Jesus did come back in 2000, & he took all the true Christians with him to Heaven. We have been LEFT BELOW to suffer the apocalypse! :eek

Emu Sep 11th, 2005 11:41 PM

Jesus is going to come back on SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2005 :eek

Immortal Goat Sep 12th, 2005 01:02 AM

SHIT! I missed it!!!

Sethomas Sep 12th, 2005 01:40 AM

Uh-oh, it looks like we have an iconoclast on our hands! :chatter

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 12th, 2005 08:50 AM

"Atheism: The religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."

Emu Sep 12th, 2005 11:56 AM

I'm an atheist, and I agree with that statement. You pigs.

ziggytrix Sep 12th, 2005 12:21 PM

Atheism is just as arrogant a belief structure as Christianity. How can you be so sure that there is NO being greater than man, even if it's just the clockmaker God of the Deists?

And Kev, don't play like most Christians don't think they're better than those faggy Atheists.

Emu Sep 12th, 2005 12:23 PM

I suppose I'm really more agnostic anymore. I know that asserting there is no god is just as arrogant as assterting that there is. Plus, I'm rather disgusted by the attitudes of most atheists towards...well, anybody but other atheists.

Spectre X Sep 12th, 2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Atheism is just as arrogant a belief structure as Christianity. How can you be so sure that there is NO being greater than man, even if it's just the clockmaker God of the Deists?

And Kev, don't play like most Christians don't think they're better than those faggy Atheists.

It's pretty much a statistical certainty that there are beings higher than man, considering we live in an infinite universe and all that.

A supernatural power that created all that is, though? No.

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 12th, 2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix

Of course I know they are, and when those types came around (ex. Ronnie Raygun), they were run out of town on a pole, so to speak.

I somehow doubt our 17 yr. old, resident expert on Christianity will get that same scrutiny here. That's fine, but I still think he/she deserves to be mocked for such angsty statements.

kellychaos Sep 12th, 2005 04:52 PM

The closest I can come to defining myself is as a diest, I guess. Mankind has taken the shock and awe out of all the really good religions to the point where they're about 180 degrees from their original meaning. Vanity defined. I like to think of myself as more humble than that. :/

WICKED Sep 12th, 2005 05:28 PM

Uhhh....

Holy Shit, guys! It was a stupid joke! I didn't mean for this to become a battleground of Christians vs. Atheists! Get a grip!

Geggy Sep 12th, 2005 05:58 PM

I gave up a long time ago on whther if I'm an atheist, a christian, a jew, etc etc..I'm just not anything. That would make me a nihilist, right?

Aneurysm Sep 12th, 2005 05:58 PM

ATHIESTS RULE CHRISTAINS DROOL!!1

KevinTheOmnivore Sep 12th, 2005 06:24 PM

Re: Uhhh....

Quote:

Originally Posted by WICKED
Holy Shit, guys! It was a stupid joke! I didn't mean for this to become a battleground of Christians vs. Atheists! Get a grip!

Right, which is why you started like three threads on the topic. :rolleyes

ziggytrix Sep 12th, 2005 07:09 PM

What do you get when you cross an atheist with a Jehovahs Witness?.... Someone who knocks at your door for no apparent reason.