I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best XBLA game (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707942)

Zhukov Nov 7th, 2011 12:23 AM

Best XBLA game

Let's say I only have enough credits to download one Xbox Live Arcade game (because I do), what would you guys recommend?

I'm interested in a really good co-op shooter/beat em up, or just any great game in general.

What are your favourites?

I've already got Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid, and I could go something similar to that. I was thinking Either Metal Slug 3, Turtles in Time or Warhammer 40K: Kill Team. Ikaruga is also appealing.

Suggestions please.

k0k0 Nov 7th, 2011 12:36 AM

My absolute favorite downloadable game is Shadow Complex. It's single player but for the price, you get a whole lot of exploring, shooting, and cool stuff going on. It's kind of set up like metroid in a way but it's awesome.

I love Guardian Heroes too. But you'd probably want to try it first since it's a Sega Saturn port and they messed with the art style a lot for it. It is multiplayer though.

I also love me some Trials HD, which is a really hard platformer type game using a motorcycle.

I loved the splosion man and ms. splosion man games. Although multiplayer on those is just too hard. And it's also a platformer.

Really, for any downloadable game I'd suggest trying the demo first to see if you like how the game plays.

OxBlood Nov 7th, 2011 02:52 AM

If you don´t count Symphony of the night (because it IS the best XBLA-Game but it´s kinda unfair to count it and chances are, you already own it anyway if you have preserved yourself at least a splinter of sanity...)

The best original XBLA-Game would be Bastion imo. It´s really really good and worth every cent. What else...Shadow Complex, Toy Soldiers, Puzzle Quest 1 (NOT Galactrix or 2, those suck), Splosion Man...in terms of Indie games, go for Cthulhu saves the world and Miner dig deep.

I´d personally pass on Turtles in Time, simply because...well it´s not my thing. Metal Slug is always good. Kill Team is...supposedly pretty short. The demo was okay but not much more.

But let´s face it, you can´t do better than Symphony of the night. Which is why I prefer the PSN, there´s so many good old games available, I don´t even need new ones :D Buy things like the PE-Games, one or two Final Fantasy games, complemented with a bit of Breath of Fire and Suikoden, then walk over to GOG.com and spend 20 bucks on some games including Planescape Torment and you´re pretty much set for the next 10 years :D

Fathom Zero Nov 7th, 2011 03:21 AM

Ca depend.

I like the Serious Sam games, From Dust is cool, Trenched (or whatever it's called now) is cool, and Costume Quest is a fun little thing.

Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man are classics, as is Shadow Complex.

Emu Nov 8th, 2011 08:06 AM

Do indie games count? Prismatic Solid is the prettiest shooter and I think it's only 3 dollars.

Zhukov Nov 9th, 2011 08:50 AM

Cheers dudes. Having some good times downloading demo and trying stuff out. I just needed to tell what was worth the few minutes it would take since you can't always tell from the title/screenshots.

Zomboid Nov 10th, 2011 07:46 PM

I have a shitload of arcade games, but few of them are XBLA originals. TMNT Arcade, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and shit like that are all fun, but a lot of those can be found on that Genesis Mega Collection and you likely won't find others playing them online anyway.

Zhukov Nov 10th, 2011 10:15 PM

I'm more interested in originals. Downloading old games for money seems like a rip off to me.

Unless it's an old game that I never played, and it's not actually that old.

Nick Nov 13th, 2011 07:48 PM

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Dommin Nov 20th, 2011 11:24 PM

Super Meat Boy.

Chojin Dec 22nd, 2011 10:38 AM

my game is coming out before the 30th and only costs 80 MSP :picklehat

Dimnos Dec 22nd, 2011 12:20 PM

What is your game called again?

Zhukov Dec 22nd, 2011 10:12 PM

Chojin's Big Adventure.

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2011 11:16 PM

Chojin's Biggest Burger

and I was going to do the man a solid and buy it regardless. But it looks fun and Jousty.

Emu Dec 23rd, 2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dommin (Post 750156)
Super Meat Boy.

This.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 23rd, 2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 752633)

Is it the max payne 2 mod for 80 msp?

darkvare Dec 23rd, 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 752633)

oh so that's why i see you playing a game called xna game i suspected you were developing something

Nick Dec 23rd, 2011 10:33 PM

Sonic CD.

Chojin Dec 23rd, 2011 11:44 PM

it's called transgression ;<

SECRET UNLISTED VIDEO

darkvare Dec 23rd, 2011 11:58 PM

looks like a mix of ballon fight and sidescroller shoot em ups

Zhukov Dec 24th, 2011 04:30 AM

Sonic CD and your game, Chojin, are next on my list.

Chojin Dec 24th, 2011 01:24 PM

y ty honey

executioneer Dec 24th, 2011 05:50 PM

you get a percentage of sales for it? i got 80 points i'm sure i could spare for it

darkvare Dec 24th, 2011 06:17 PM

i only have 20 left don't even know how it came to that

Chojin Dec 24th, 2011 08:22 PM

i get 70% of all sales which is actually a really decent split