I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Indiana Jones's Ten Finest Moments (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699785)

MockBot May 20th, 2008 03:54 AM

Indiana Jones's Ten Finest Moments

Automatically generated comment thread for Indiana Jones's Ten Finest Moments.

Doctor_Who May 20th, 2008 05:08 AM

Truly awesome list. "No ticket" is my favorite moment in the series. They also did a great reference to it in the Kevin Smith film "Dogma".

Fat Ugly Drunk May 20th, 2008 05:24 AM

The new one comes out on Thursday over here, can't wait to see it, been a fan of Indy since I was a sprog.

Gonna go and play Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis, back later.

Relaxing Dragon May 20th, 2008 10:50 AM

Yes, the Hitler scene! I love that scene, it caught me completely off-guard the first time I saw it, and I was laughing hysterically for a while afterwards. Great list, I c an't really think of any other parts to mention (though maybe the part on the tank where he shoots through 4 guys at once should get an honorable mention).

I got a preview-pass, so I'm seeing Crystal Skull tonight ^_^. Hopefully, like Protoclown said, it won't go where the Star Wars perquels went, or the (ugh) Die Hard sequel.

Mac Brookman May 20th, 2008 10:59 AM

Awww, Indy using his own feet to stop the mine cart or jumping around because his foot is almost on fire aren't included :(

Still, good list Proto!

BakaGaijin May 20th, 2008 11:16 AM

My biggest fear for Crystal Skull is that Jar Jar will pop up and ruin the whole thing.

Icculus May 20th, 2008 12:15 PM

I can't wait to see the new Indy movie. Definitely been waiting a long time for it. Another scene that really gives a feel for who Indy is is when he has to sneak out the window because all of the girls want to talk to him after class. For that point alone I almost wanted to become an archeology professor.

Max Power May 20th, 2008 01:12 PM

Got my tickets to see Indy 4 for Wednesday night! Unlike BakaGaijin, my greatest fears is the franchise screwing Shia Labeouf. Great list, though.

RaNkeri May 20th, 2008 01:40 PM

Back in the early 90s I was a huge Indiana fan, I even remember roaming around my home town with my "whip", which was merely approx. 2 meter long rope I had stolen from the gardenshed, while humming the theme song.

Nice list, I agree completely with number 1. But you should've add the part from The Temple of Doom where Indy tries to pull of the same manouver against two sword wielding arabs, only to notice that he has lost his revolver. I've always loved the face he makes at that moment.

Damn, I should really buy the DVDs. We used to have the trilogy on VHS, but they wore out long time ago. :/

JJ the Jetplane May 20th, 2008 04:40 PM

I hope Jar-Jar actually DOES show up in the new Indy movie, 'cuz then we'd finally have enough excuses to go kill George Lucas.

Dimnos May 20th, 2008 05:25 PM

With how Lucas has been going, its going to turn out the crystal skull is actualy the gungen glowing orb of peace or whatever that shit was and the colapsing underground tower thingy from the trailer is actualy a wormhole to Jarjar's POS plannet.

elementalblazer May 20th, 2008 05:36 PM

heh, the last picture reminded me of that South park episode.

JoeyJoJoJr May 20th, 2008 06:44 PM

I am going to see it Thursday I am a little worried, the ticket was free though but I really hope that is does not suck.

Nick May 20th, 2008 07:01 PM

I'm hoping this some how sparks off two more sequels. Seriously, I need me some more Indy. :(

Commanderraf May 20th, 2008 09:04 PM

Me and my brother -he's my senior for four years- have been waiting for Indiana Jones 4 for 19 years (I'm 22 right now). Now it's finally comming arround.

Any chance that the Hoverboard from Back to the Future also comes out this year? I don't care if its bright pink!!!

Damn childhood fantasies.

Colonel Flagg May 20th, 2008 09:07 PM

One of my favorite moments was in Last Crusade, when Ilsa is preening over captured Indy and Dad, implying that "it was nice while it lasted" - in other words, "you were a good boink", to which both Dad and Indy say "Thanks" at the same time. The look on both their faces was worth the price of admission.

Good List. I agree with #1 - classic.

Dungeonbrownies May 20th, 2008 09:35 PM

mmm, indy and star wars seemsto practicaly be able to build our entire culture...

Ferrit May 20th, 2008 11:10 PM

Awesome list Proto - #1 was fantastic, and I love the tip of the hat to it in Temple of Doom where his holster comes up empty.
Really, Really looking forward to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and it's going to have to really go out of its way to suck for me to not enjoy it. What's really making my arse clench in fear right now however is Lucas's comment about how he can see Shibby LaBarf taking over the main roll in upcoming Indy movies, with Harrison stepping back into more of the Sean Connery roll in Last Crusade. That would be a travesty worse than...well, Jar Jar.

captain516 May 20th, 2008 11:45 PM

Great list, but I can't believe you left out Indy's immprtal line, "I hate Snakes!"

Relaxing Dragon May 21st, 2008 01:31 AM

Just got back from Crystal Skull. I'm sure this site will do a full review so I'll save myself until then, but here's the short story (short to me at least):

Really enjoyed it, kept me entertained the whole way through. Had some really awesome scenes, and at least one that not only crosses the line into fantastically over-the-top, it takes a piss on it (who likes nukes?). Of course, I really enjoyed that scene as well. Generally, the plot goes quite... well, it's a bit hard to explain without spoiling some stuff. Definitely goes deep into paranormal region (really deep), and I liked it. It seemed amazingly cool.

Overall (after just one viewing, I'll need more. So many more), I'd peg it at above Temple of Doom and below The Last Crusade (being closer to the former than the latter). Not exactly a bad thing, mind you, since I really enjoyed Temple of Doom as well. A pretty good series revival, if you ask me (now I need to see it again, see how it holds up).

Also: I was very happy to see Janitor getting some more roles, even if it was little more than a cameo. Totally love him ^_^

Copper May 21st, 2008 03:46 AM

I can definitely agree with the list. I remember seeing the Hitler scene in the theater and going "Oh Sh--" when Hitler took the book and the the collective sigh of relief in the audience. Glad to see the empty holster mentioned, too. That was great.

I know, too, it's not "best scenes" but one of my favorites is when he and Marion are recovering on the 'pirate' vessel and she accidentally clocks him and then tends to his wounds. "Dammit, Indy, where doesn't it hurt?!" and he holds up his elbow and goes "Here!" and then realizes the more places he names, the more kisses he gets...

greenimp May 21st, 2008 04:23 AM

ah, classic moments every one, and most of them hillarious

Coryjonc May 21st, 2008 06:08 PM

Harrison Ford is immortal.

l33tninj4 May 21st, 2008 09:58 PM

One that was great was when Sean Connery wrestles with a random Nazi in the WW1(?) area tank. And squirts the guy in the face with is pen and blinds the guy.

But I love when Hitler signs the note book his men where looking for.

Protoclown May 22nd, 2008 03:30 AM

Well, I just saw the new movie, and the Top Ten list remains unchanged. :\

By the way RaNkeri, I'm glad you mentioned the nod to that sword fighter moment in Temple of Doom. I meant to make a reference to it in the piece, but I ended up forgetting about it when I was writing that section. So I'm glad someone mentioned it, because it was truly a great moment!