I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your scariest video game enemies. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707183)

Nick Aug 6th, 2011 06:45 AM

Your scariest video game enemies.

What were the scariest things you've come up against in video games?

I'll start us off.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2011 10:07 AM

scissorman

ThrashO Aug 6th, 2011 12:56 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735822)
What were the scariest things you've come up against in video games?

I'll start us off.

Ecco the endboss?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashO (Post 735856)

Zombies ate my neighbors?

Nick Aug 6th, 2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 735879)
Ecco the endboss?

Yep, that's the Vortex Queen. The bane of my childhood.

k0k0 Aug 6th, 2011 03:59 PM

The babies from silent hill 1.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2011 06:00 PM

We used to call them the chili chitlins.

Chojin Aug 7th, 2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 735838)
scissorman

yeah this, scissorman was responsible for the only panic attack i've ever had

Esuohlim Aug 7th, 2011 02:52 AM

Imagine being 3 years old and trying not to think of this fucker suddenly swooping in your room when you're trying to sleep at night :(

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2011 03:00 AM

Fuck all of these assholes, especially the Shalebridge Puppets. It's bad enough that they're terrifying and make the lights flicker when they get close, but they're also impossible to kill without a shitload of expensive and impractical fire arrows, even on the standard difficulty setting.

The Thief games in general are full of goddamn terrifying shit, but I think 3 was the worst.

k0k0 Aug 7th, 2011 03:12 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot how freaky the zombies on thief 1 were when me and my bud were on acid.

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2011 03:15 AM

I vividly remember playing Thief 2 as a child, and coming to a hole in the floor leading to a dark room full of moss arrows and loot. I dropped down, thinking it was empty, and found myself trapped with no way out in a 10x10 foot room with a fucking giant spider. I shut the computer off instantly.

Spoilered for people who haven't had the shit scared out of them by Thief yet
Spoilers!

What the fuck, Looking Glass.

Esuohlim Aug 7th, 2011 03:20 AM

Man, I knew someone was going to post ReDeads. I can't think of a more "holy shit" moment during a video game than when I left the future's Temple of Time for the first time

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 736062)
yeah this, scissorman was responsible for the only panic attack i've ever had

Me and my friend used to play this together because we both refused to play it by ourselves. We were playing stage two as helen. There is a part where you investigate the fish tank, then the power flickers and scissorman pops out. The power went out in my house and I had the worst fucking panic attack. I locked the door in my room and grabbed the heaviest blunt object I could find.

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2011 03:29 AM

They're deffo the worst. The Windwaker versions were creepy too, even if they looked like Dhalsim and sounded like elephants.

The ones in Twilight Princess were pretty disappointing, just like everything else in that game.

Vampire The Masquerade had that Snuff Film quest, which was pretty gruesome by itself, but then you had the sewers that were full of homoncului stitched together from random body parts, and that one giant boss monster made from a pregnant woman fused with her fetus. Yuck.

Nick Aug 7th, 2011 11:42 AM

The Medusa from Ecco II was also horrifying to me. I'm a dolphin flying in the air being chased by a giant squid-like creature. WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?

Tadao Aug 7th, 2011 01:43 PM

Wow, I know some people who are gonna get a My Melody nightlight for Christmas.

King Hadas Aug 7th, 2011 02:20 PM

The Regenerators from RE4. The giant shark in REmake. And, even though it's a damn conventional choice, Pyramid Head.

Sam Aug 7th, 2011 02:22 PM

Do you ladies need a phone call from your mommies every time you turn on a game console? JESUS CHRIST.

k0k0 Aug 7th, 2011 03:49 PM

Shampoo my crotch, sam. Some games are scary as shit.

Tadao Aug 7th, 2011 04:02 PM

OH NO! LOUD NOISES AND FLASHING IMAGES FRIGHTEN ME!

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2011 04:09 PM

None of these really involve loud noises or jump-out scares, j/s

Chojin Aug 7th, 2011 04:09 PM

the zombies in resident evil 1 scared the shit out of me too. i'm also talking about the scissorman from the PS clock tower.

i think the common thing that was so frightening about these guys was their choppy framerate. they constantly moved the way you see people move under a strobelight, and i think it unintentionally triggered some sort of fear response in me

keep in mind all this shit scared me when i was like 12

Guitar Woman Aug 7th, 2011 04:12 PM

I thought the zombies from the gamecube remake were worse, since they would come back to life and inevitably scare the shit out of you when you were backtracking somewhere.

And there's not nearly enough fuel to burn all of them, so...

MarioRPG Aug 7th, 2011 04:31 PM

Only the first time. Iron Maidens were pretty bad too.