I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does anybody else have this problem with energy drinks? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698782)

Emu Jan 15th, 2008 02:19 PM

Does anybody else have this problem with energy drinks?

I don't drink them very often but when I do they always make me really fucking ill. I had one this morning and now I can't stop shaking and twitching, my joints are popping and I have a general feeling of tenseness. I think I might be allergic to guarana or taurine, since those two ingredients are common to pretty much every energy drink. Back in August I was hospitalized briefly after having a panic attack that I think was at least partially induced by Red Bull. :(

Dr. Boogie Jan 15th, 2008 02:22 PM

Aren't those symptoms of too much caffeine/sugar, because they have a lot of those, too?

Mockery Jan 15th, 2008 02:26 PM

I just miss the days back in the early 90's when the only thing you needed was a can or two of Jolt Cola.

Tadao Jan 15th, 2008 02:43 PM

I get sick from real fruit drinks, I'm allergic to alot of fruits :(
Some will give me super duper headaches.

DuFresne Jan 15th, 2008 02:52 PM

I've never had a bad experience with energy drinks myself, but I have friends who have. I'm sure you've probably reached this conclusion by yourself by now, but it you think energy drinks are the cause, it's time to stop drinking them.

Spetsnaz Jan 15th, 2008 02:57 PM

The only thing i dislike about energy drinks is that they're all fucking expensive.

I'd rather put straight sugar into a syringe instead of payin fuckin four bucks for a 12 ounce can of prefab shit.

Also, Red Bull tastes like pee.

terrva Jan 15th, 2008 03:06 PM

I pretty much stopped drinking energy drinks and soft drinks some time ago because they gave me super bad zits (especially colas). Another reason that keeps me from drinking them is that they dry my skin up and give me dandruff. Energy drinks have never made me as ill as you, though, Emu.

Now i mostly drink juices and water when i want to wet my whistle, and one cup of coffee a day to wake me up.

argonath Jan 15th, 2008 03:16 PM

Look for energy drinks that use Vitamin B-12 as their main stimulant. They work well, and probably won't give you the shakes.

MarioRPG Jan 15th, 2008 03:45 PM

I don't get any issues, I depend on them for my overnight shifts (11PM - 7AM) which I get twice a month or so.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Jan 15th, 2008 03:48 PM

The only time I ever drink energy drinks is the day after a bender. Or if I want to feel UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Mintrude Jan 15th, 2008 04:34 PM

Anyone ever try Relentless? It's this stuff which comes in a huge can with bizarre slogans all over it. The best part is it's bright green, which lends it an almost cosmic feel.

Madman914 Jan 15th, 2008 07:40 PM

I kinda get the same feelings when I drink certain energy drinks. Jolt was the best , but now they re-released it in a weird can-like monstrosity that puts fear into the elderly and the dutch.

sspadowsky Jan 15th, 2008 09:23 PM

This is all you need right here:

Emu Jan 15th, 2008 09:42 PM

Chaser? Don't they make those pills that prevent hangovers?

sspadowsky Jan 15th, 2008 10:00 PM

Yes. They also make the energy drink that helps overcome the lethargy which follows a night of binge drinking.

Tadao Jan 15th, 2008 10:04 PM

And day after anti-aids pills.

Sacks Jan 15th, 2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintrude (Post 523929)
Anyone ever try Relentless? It's this stuff which comes in a huge can with bizarre slogans all over it. The best part is it's bright green, which lends it an almost cosmic feel.

THIS SOUNDS INSANELY GREAT!

Esuohlim Jan 16th, 2008 12:25 AM

I looked at the back of one of those 5-hour energy drinks and it totaled up to something like 10,000% DV recommendation of Vitamin B.

I know Vitamin B is water-soluable and therefore probably safe in huge quantities, but it's still fucking ridiculous.

Yohfay Jan 16th, 2008 04:36 AM

I get a similar reaction when I drink too much, too fast with energy drinks. The jitters, for me at least, can be avoided by drinking the drink more slowly so you don't get all the caffeine/sugar at once. Although, you still have to deal with the crash afterwards.

Geggy Jan 16th, 2008 06:08 AM

i would feel ill if i drink energy drinks that are chocked with sugar or carbs every day so i usually drink them sugar free or low carb. too much of it can result serious crash, at least for me anyway. i would recommend rockstar blueberry sugar free but i think they may have been discontinued. so lately i've been drinking montser lo-carb.

Chojin Jan 16th, 2008 06:15 AM

aspartame is a tool of big brother, geggy

Ninjavenom Jan 16th, 2008 08:52 AM

I don't drink energy drinks. The concept of a manufacturer being able to package and sell intangible things like "energy" is insulting and weird to me. I don't trust them. Plus they taste hideous.

Geggy Jan 16th, 2008 10:38 AM

My only complaint with energy drinks is that theyre fucking exspensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 524138)
aspartame is a tool of big brother, geggy

damn, and all this time i thought aspartame in diet sodas were equivalent to nicotine in cigerettes in part of a marketing scam to get people hooked

MarioRPG Jan 16th, 2008 03:03 PM

A lot of people on my school drink bawls and some can that sort of fogs out when you open it.

Chojin Jan 16th, 2008 03:25 PM

i love the bawls ;<