I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   favorite movies (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700265)

fluffkomix Aug 3rd, 2008 03:22 AM

favorite movies

just curious about this, cuz there are many good movies out there. pls give a movie and a reason if you are not responding to someone else's comment

My favorite movie: fight club

perfect movie in my opinion. mixes action with good smart comedy (with some immature ones thrown in for good taste), and i think Brad Pitt plays the part of the intense yet dark soap salesman greatly, and his cult army was very........weird. theres also the fact that Edward Norton portrayed his character to the point that i could clearly see his pent up rage slowly emerge. also there's only one word i can use for that character. and its not a word. its a smiley. this one: :hypno

trippy

LordSappington Aug 3rd, 2008 04:37 PM

Mine's probably Cloverfield.
I loved the shaky footage; it didn't even affect my vertigo, unlike those pussies at the theater. The first-person view gave it a good feel. Also, the squid louses ROCKED.

darkvare Aug 3rd, 2008 05:28 PM

i love the boondock saints but i have too much love for just one

MetalMilitia Aug 3rd, 2008 05:33 PM

Can't believe this thread has two replies without a single comment on comic sans. I-mockery must be going soft in it's old age.

I don't really have a single favourite film. In terms of the film I've watched the most times it's probably Revenge of the Nerds or something. I do love it though.

Guitar Woman Aug 3rd, 2008 05:46 PM

Princess Mononoke
Gattaca
Blade Runner
Clerks
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Chumscrubber
Invincible Armor
Fists of Fury
Ninja Scroll

fluffkomix Aug 3rd, 2008 05:51 PM

i found boondock saints a little hard to understand at times, but overall was pretty good. (loved the part when the detective was describing the fight between the brothers and that one guy! "and it was a FIREFIGHT!!!!!!!")

Wild Wallace Aug 3rd, 2008 07:05 PM

Blues Brothers
Planes Trains and Automobiles
Good Burger
Rat Race

bigtimecow Aug 3rd, 2008 08:59 PM

high fidelity, sleepless in seattle, star wars 4, 5, and 6, clerks 1 and clerks 2, rushmore, being john malkovich, ocean's 11, 12, and 13

yowza

Krythor Aug 3rd, 2008 09:11 PM

Boogie Nights, The Empire Strikes Back, Freddy Got Fingered, Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Die Hard, South Park.

executioneer Aug 3rd, 2008 09:16 PM

smokey and the bandit

WhiteRat Aug 3rd, 2008 09:39 PM

Total Verification and Grapes: The True Story, both being written, directed, and produced by the great Rick Kelly.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 4th, 2008 01:38 AM

I heart Huckabees, Life Aquatic, Spun, Ace Ventura:When Nature calls, Punch-Drunk Love, Sleepy Hollow, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, The Phantom, Bad Taste, Heavy Metal, Hangin' with the Homeboys and the saddest movie ever made: All dogs go to Heaven.

Esuohlim Aug 4th, 2008 01:59 AM

Back to the Future, Stand By Me, Goodfellas, Memento, Wet Hot American Summer, and Pulp Fiction

Kybo Ren Aug 4th, 2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffkomix (Post 572200)
i found boondock saints a little hard to understand at times, but overall was pretty good. (loved the part when the detective was describing the fight between the brothers and that one guy! "and it was a FIREFIGHT!!!!!!!")

If you can't follow Boondock Saints, you're probally not getting the full picture from Fight Club.

Empire Strikes Back, Master Killer, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Chinese Super Ninja, and many more!

fluffkomix Aug 4th, 2008 05:48 PM

i got the full picture from fight club.....though i did have someone explain it to me.....

argonath Aug 6th, 2008 11:01 AM

Miller's Crossing

Brilliant dialogue delivered by the perfect actors for the parts, beautifully shot, and a great story with many levels to it make this the perfect movie. The Coens need to do another one like it.

HickMan Aug 6th, 2008 11:39 AM

Forrest Gump and City Slickers 2

bigtimecow Aug 6th, 2008 07:10 PM

i thought fight club was pretty easy to understand. i mean they

Spoilers!

so it's pretty obvious :rolleyes

pac-man Aug 6th, 2008 10:22 PM

Blazing Saddles

Diane Selwyn Aug 6th, 2008 10:52 PM

To me there is no better film than Mulholland Drive. People have complained that they didn't "get" it, but it all makes sense. Honest. It's the most genius, fascinating, truly involving film I've ever seen. It's so much more than "that weird David Lynch lesbian flick".

Naomi Watts is so incredible and interesting here that my username and avatar are her in the movie.

pac-man Aug 6th, 2008 10:53 PM

The Warriors

MattJack Aug 7th, 2008 12:20 PM

LAYER CAKE

I'm gay for Daniel Craig ;_;

Duct Tape Ninja Aug 11th, 2008 10:42 PM

Docter Strangelove
The best of military comedy.

I must preserve my precious bodily fluids and keep my purity of essence.

Fathom Zero Aug 11th, 2008 10:52 PM

Network
Braindead
Versus
Banlieue 13
Die Hard
Blade Runner
Dawn of the Dead
Michael Clayton
Dan in Real Life

AND MORE

LordSappington Aug 11th, 2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Wallace (Post 572213)
Blues Brothers
Planes Trains and Automobiles
Good Burger
Rat Race

Whoa, I completely forgot about Good Burger. Didn't they put shark poison in the burgers?