I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578)

Guitar Woman Sep 27th, 2007 02:59 PM

JTP's entries are fucking godly. He made this the first forum contest in like forever that I've actually laughed at.

jared Sep 28th, 2007 02:10 PM

JTP's entries remind me of some of Scorcese's recent films, such as The Aviator.

I'm starting to come around to The Brain that Died. It is quite clever. And judging by Nomistakinit's voluminous entries, it was a fluke.

I would also like to give FLappyBat and mrmonkey72 the Germaine Greer Seal of Approval for making my least favourite entries. And by 'my least favourite' I mean the objectively worst entries. "I tell ya, they're so bad..." "How bad are they?" "They're bad enough that they slept with my chemistry wife!"

Type40 Sep 28th, 2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared (Post 505713)
I'm starting to come around to The Brain that Died. It is quite clever. And judging by Nomistakinit's voluminous entries, it was a fluke.

Yeah, I have to agree. Based on the body of work, it was a pearl in a poop pile.

JTP's entries are awesome, however!
The three headed monster one is simply gorgeous work.

Obscurus Lupa Sep 29th, 2007 03:00 AM

lol! Abraham versus George is my favorite, hands down.

jared Sep 30th, 2007 03:13 PM

Why, I'm flattered that you like my entry so much, Obscurus. And to think I almost called it 'Undead Presidents.'

Obscurus Lupa Sep 30th, 2007 03:17 PM

I was talking about nomistakinit's entry. ;) But nice try, jared.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Sep 30th, 2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obscurus Lupa (Post 505739)
lol! Abraham versus George is my favorite, hands down.

I love the bunny in Lincon's hat.

arg_zombies Sep 30th, 2007 05:41 PM

Pednaud FTW!

Fathom Zero Oct 5th, 2007 08:58 PM

The quality of the posters are astounding and I'd love any one of them on my wall.

If I were a judge, this'd be extremely tough.

Cfr5 Oct 6th, 2007 08:58 PM

Looks like we could use more virgins.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 7th, 2007 03:17 PM

I just watched The Brain That Wouldn't Die today. I didn't realize that I had it in a boxed set. It was also featured on an episode of Mystery Science Theater. I'll have to track that down. It was of Ed Wood quality and likely made a great episode.

I found the entire thing on google video as it is public domain.
Watch The Brain That Wouldn't Die here.

Obscurus Lupa Oct 7th, 2007 03:29 PM

You can also watch the whole MST3K episode featuring it on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6m2PD1qBjs

The user has it uploaded in parts.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 8th, 2007 06:28 AM

Awesome! Holy HELL! MST3K jackpot. Thanks Lupa!

Obscurus Lupa Oct 8th, 2007 11:46 PM

No problem, dude. ;) It's pretty hilarious.

Obscurus Lupa Oct 18th, 2007 10:05 PM

Yay, a new contest! This one looks like it'll be great fun. It'll be hard to top the first entry- nice job, Pednaud!

Obscurus Lupa Oct 18th, 2007 11:39 PM

Sorry for the triple post. I loved the writing on the "Ironic Crunch" box, lol.

Emu Oct 19th, 2007 12:24 AM

anybody who uses the phrase "They're screamingly delicious" or any derivative thereof should be disqualified

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2007 01:35 AM

That phantasms one is the best by far.

MarioRPG Oct 19th, 2007 09:36 AM

Oh fuck you, JTP.
You're too good :)

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2007 06:03 PM

Yeah he is. The cenobites one is really fucking good too. Awesome work.

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 06:22 PM

Ya, nicely done JTP. I was thinking about trying "Hellraisin' Bran", or some such shite, but you beat me to it...

Will these be judged on the actual quality of the designs? If so it will be hard to beat your entries. To compensate for the crappy MSpaint production values, my entries will feature original characters. Boognish!

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 19th, 2007 07:00 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys, but remember, humor counts just as much as design. In fact, probably more so. This is anyone's game. The entries thus far have been awesome! Keep them coming!

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 07:03 PM

Ok, I have to expose my internet ineptness here, but why is my "Dr. Sicko" entry displayed in a box that has to be clicked on to be viewed properly? Did I upload this incorrectly? What image hosting thingie are you guys using?

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 19th, 2007 07:09 PM

I use imageshack. You probably linked to a thumbnail view. There should be a direct address for the image as well. The one for your entry is here:
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/25bf876904.jpg

so, you cut and paste that into the picture dohicky and you get:

By the way, that Sicko character looks like the lovechild of Grampa Simpson and that old pervert from Family Guy.

Eyelobe Oct 19th, 2007 07:14 PM

" By the way, that Sicko character looks like the lovechild of Grampa Simpson and that old pervert from Family Guy."

Heh...fair enough. :lol

Thanks for the help, I'll try to fix that.