I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Board games (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700955)

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 31st, 2008 10:59 PM

Board games
 
I just found out about Yetisburg. Civil War game that takes place in Gettysburg but fought with Yetis.

http://paizo.com/titanicGames/v5748btpy81x6

Also, a new Risk game is coming out soon.

Zhukov Nov 1st, 2008 10:43 AM

I have never played Risk, but I grew up playing Axis and Allies. A Canadian workmate of mine forced me to come to his house to play Axis and Allies recently, and I had a great time. He also taught me how to play Magic The Gathering - not so great, but still better than I thought.

I would get into any board game I think.

I want to buy myself a replica set of the Lewis Chessmen. For christmas. An expensive set, too. My girlfriend is from Lewis.

pac-man Nov 1st, 2008 03:23 PM

They need to re-release Fireball Island.

darkvare Nov 1st, 2008 03:56 PM

i have clue of my own and love risk i want some of thosee weird ones

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 1st, 2008 06:02 PM

I also want to get a copy of paranoia. I've never played it but it sounds fantastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...e-playing_game)

Intended as a spoof on other RPGs, the Paranoia rulebook is unique in a number of ways. For example, in earlier versions of Paranoia, the entire chapter on rules is labeled 'optional', and player knowledge of the rules is treasonous (treason, of course, being punishable by summary execution).

Angryhydralisk Nov 4th, 2008 12:48 PM

I always got stuck with board games that were kick ass but hard-to-find now, like...

Hero Quest (i've had no less than 3 copies of this over 15 years.)
Tornado Taz
Back Off, Buzzard!
Pass The Pigs (I'm sure this one's still in print but it's great!)
Monopoly Jr.
1313 Dead End Drive (The Original with the mean-mugging detective and the rules that made no sense.)
One that had a bunch of adventurers collecting a jewel from a big tiki's mouth.
Some other board game that had six knights and two worlds, one on each side of the mat. Real awkward, and barely made sense.

Neen Nov 4th, 2008 05:37 PM

Donkey Kong had a board game.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0759/

Incidentally, I think that site may have been out-competed by I-mockery. It's natural selection, people.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 4th, 2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 591874)
I always got stuck with board games that were kick ass but hard-to-find now, like...

Hero Quest (i've had no less than 3 copies of this over 15 years.)
Tornado Taz
Back Off, Buzzard!
Pass The Pigs (I'm sure this one's still in print but it's great!)
Monopoly Jr.
1313 Dead End Drive (The Original with the mean-mugging detective and the rules that made no sense.)
One that had a bunch of adventurers collecting a jewel from a big tiki's mouth.
Some other board game that had six knights and two worlds, one on each side of the mat. Real awkward, and barely made sense.


1313 Dead End drive was the bomb.

The board game with the six knights I believe is Key to the Kingdom. Where you have you go through a whirlpool to get to the other map. One of my favs, I still have a copy of it.

LordSappington Nov 4th, 2008 08:43 PM

MORE LIKE BORED GAMES AMIRITE

pac-man Nov 4th, 2008 09:41 PM



Bring it back, god damn it!

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 4th, 2008 10:17 PM

Fireball Island looks more in-tense than camping. I want that!

Zomboid Nov 4th, 2008 10:55 PM

lol@ "in-tense"

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 4th, 2008 11:32 PM

I don't think anyone would have gotten the pun if I had spelled intense correctly.

Zomboid Nov 4th, 2008 11:42 PM

I don't think it would really be a pun if you had.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 4th, 2008 11:48 PM

More in tents than camping

OxBlood Nov 5th, 2008 03:38 AM

Even I get that ;)

pac-man Nov 5th, 2008 04:00 AM

I got it and lol'd. Fireball Island is a fucking awesome board game. Also, I don't know if Mr. Game Show qualifies as a "board game", but they need to bring that shit back too.

EDIT: Somebody here has got to remember this. I still have mine but he doesn't work for shit anymore :(

OxBlood Nov 5th, 2008 06:33 AM

Let me show you one of my personal favorites as I am an eager Boardgame player or at least try to be...finding people who actually LIKE boardgames is pretty hard.



Excellent game from my favorite "Universe" and it looks the way a boardgame has to look like:



Tons or cardboard-clips, cards and stuff lying around and the whole thing takes 3-4 hours to complete...that´s my kind of game.

Sam Nov 5th, 2008 11:55 AM

Fuck you for having that OxBlood. I fucking want that but that shit costs like $50 bucks everytime I find it. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 5th, 2008 03:15 PM

Pac-man: I found out my friend has a copy of Fireball Island, might play it next week sometime. I don't remember the Mr. Game Show though. It looks pretty out there.

OxBlood: This game looks really nice, haven't heard of it before though. Any board game that takes 4 hrs to play though count me in. It is really hard to find enough people to play them regularly though.

Sam: It seems the cost on a lot of games is awful. I've been trying to get a copy of Atmosfear for a while but it's still $50. For now we're settling on still having of copy of Nightmare: Video Board Game.

VaporTrailx1 Nov 5th, 2008 08:36 PM

How bought these 2?
(The German version was the first pic I found)



Girl Drink Drunk Nov 5th, 2008 11:49 PM

I wanna play Hero Quest again :(

darkvare Nov 6th, 2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 592123)
Fuck you for having that OxBlood. I fucking want that but that shit costs like $50 bucks everytime I find it. >:

is 120 bucks on amazon.com

executioneer Nov 6th, 2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 591438)
I also want to get a copy of paranoia. I've never played it but it sounds fantastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...e-playing_game)

Intended as a spoof on other RPGs, the Paranoia rulebook is unique in a number of ways. For example, in earlier versions of Paranoia, the entire chapter on rules is labeled 'optional', and player knowledge of the rules is treasonous (treason, of course, being punishable by summary execution).

i've got the paranoia xp rulebook, and even though i've never played it with anyone just reading it was pretty fun, the sense of humor is fantastic

OxBlood Nov 6th, 2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 592351)
is 120 bucks on amazon.com

What? 120$? Letīs see...that would be about 93€. I think I paid about 40€ for it, 51$. A pretty fair price for such a massive thing.

And concerning Hero Quest, guess what I bought not long ago for about 20 bucks. Hehe. Oh and I love to buy things in $, saves me quite a bit of money.

Funfact about Star Quest, the 40k Version of Hero Quest (donīt know if it has the same name in the US): All weapons have been re-written into non-lethal ones in the german version.



And the next game:





Nice too but more of the fantasy-kind. Also 50 Bucks ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.