I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Classic Rock" radio stations are pissing me off. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707048)

Hangie Jul 26th, 2011 10:23 AM

Your problem with BOC is what happens to Aerosmith in my area. Also the same thing happens with rap stations that only play Wiz Khalifa and Rick Ross. Despite having their 'We're going to talk now' song be an A Tribe Called Quest song, I've never heard them play them.

Generally the only radio stations worth listening to up here in Boston are college stations . Especially Emerson's station which has on a regular day showtunes from the early morning to noon, Acapella until around 6, whatever they feel like playing until 8, reggae and dancehall until 10, and then rap until 2.

Also theres some other station that plays weird DnB and experimental music from 11-4 in the morning. Not sure who runs it.

Aaarg Jul 26th, 2011 01:06 PM

I liked the college station at WVU for about a week before I noticed that every time I turned it on it was playing a Sonic Youth song.

Shyandquietguy Jul 28th, 2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 732566)
do they at least play stuff like Hocus Pocus by Focus :(

My classic rock station occasionally plays it! I think I've heard it at least twice while at work.

executioneer Jul 28th, 2011 01:33 AM

I think once when I was on like a 20-minute drive KZOK played hocus pocus and ram jam's cover of black betty

best fucking drive ever

Colonel Flagg Jul 28th, 2011 04:17 PM

Gary Hoey's cover of Hocus Pocus is pretty good, too.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2011 04:33 AM

Its 2011, who the fuck listens to the actual radio? :rolleyes

executioneer Jul 31st, 2011 05:58 AM

people with cars from 1991

WhiteRat Aug 1st, 2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 734619)
people with cars from 1991

Woah hold on bud there are some great cars from 1991

No really there are some good ones like this :love

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 11:57 PM

My friend in highschool had a really awesome 91 something or other that looked like the first picture. We'd turn the windshield squirters sideways and then pull up to people with open windows and squirt soapy water at them. It was awesome until we got run off the road by a guy with a bat. Well, was still awesome after that too.

executioneer Aug 2nd, 2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 734944)
Woah hold on bud there are some great cars from 1991

(first car)
No really there are some good ones like this :love
(second car)

i'm talking about this actually

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 732556)
Meanwhile, on it and the "we play anything" station, which is also heavy on the Kid Rock and BOC, I have NEVER heard any airplay for The Ramones, Iggy Pop, Television, and their ilk. Not even the popular stuff, "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Lust for Life", anything. There's not even very much Talking Heads.

That's all.

All the Ramones ever wanted were the airwaves. They never got them. :(

XDW1 May 1st, 2012 04:18 PM

Regular radio sucks now days. I listen to xm radio. probably the best kind of radio out there.

Esuohlim May 2nd, 2012 02:09 PM

Ok thanks for your 9-month late input that's completely pointless if you read the very first sentence from the very first post.