I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Black Metal (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698623)

Mintrude Jan 14th, 2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trash (Post 523560)
LLN-era Mütiilation was awesome, the new stuff is just horrible. And Belketre was the best LLN band.

I rather liked Black Millennium! Belketre are all right. Their side of March To The Black Holocaust freaked me out so bad I had to turn it off.

Trash Jan 15th, 2008 08:24 AM

Black Millenium was boring, and had the worst cover I've ever seen.

Styled Executioner Jan 15th, 2008 08:43 AM

Speaking of Black Metal; anyone going to Wacken this year? I went last year and I have to say it was the best time of my life.

Anyway, BM. Anyone else on here like Anaal Nathrakh? I don't think they're that big outside of Europe but I'd seriously recommend anyone to give them a listen. They're kind of a Grind Black Metal Industrial-ish sound, but they kick ass. Plus I know the frontman, he drinks in a pub I go to.

My favourite BM outfit of the moment though has to be Nattefrost. I might not agree with the ideology behind NSBM, but fuck me it sounds awesome.

All that said though, I'm more of a Death Metal fan than anything else.

Trash Jan 15th, 2008 02:20 PM

Nattefrost NSBM? Since when?

Spetsnaz Jan 15th, 2008 03:08 PM

Huh? I think hes getting some other group and Nattefrost's solo project mixed up. I don't ever remember ol' Natte having any NSBM leanings in his music.

And Mintrude, fuck Vlad Tepes... Just...Fuck..Vlad..Tepes...

Have you guys gotten a chance to listen to the new Marduk yet? I generally get most new albums before they release ( well, this ones already released but thats not my point... ), and I have to say Rom 5:12 fucking annihiliated.

Styled Executioner Jan 15th, 2008 03:56 PM

I suck at compartmentalising my subgenres of Metal.

Mintrude Jan 15th, 2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spetsnaz (Post 523891)

And Mintrude, fuck Vlad Tepes... Just...Fuck..Vlad..Tepes...

Come on! Their side of March To The Black Holocaust cannot be fucked with. Any Peste Noire fans here? The debut's a classic, but apparently the second one blows.

Trash Jan 15th, 2008 05:20 PM

I don't understand why everyone creams their pantaloons everytime someone mentions Peste Noire, it's ok at best.

So, does anyone like Satanic Warmaster?

Spetsnaz Jan 15th, 2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trash (Post 523944)
I don't understand why everyone creams their pantaloons everytime someone mentions Peste Noire, it's ok at best.

So, does anyone like Satanic Warmaster?

I hate Peste Noire. I dont know if thats surprising or not.

As for Satanic Warmaster, I have all his full albums except for the live album, Black Metal Massacre LIVE. Did you listen to the new Eastern Hammer split with Graveland, Nokturnal Mortum, North, and Temnozor? I thought it was dissapointing at best.

Trash Jan 15th, 2008 06:15 PM

The only band from Eastern Hammer that I like is Nokturnal Mortum, and their track is just a re-recording of a song from Goat Horns, so I think I'll pass.

Spetsnaz Jan 15th, 2008 07:12 PM

Its a faster paced re-recording.

Nokturnal Mortum was the only good band on their though. I don't like the new direction Rob Darken is taking Graveland though.

Mintrude Jan 16th, 2008 04:26 PM

I, ever the contrarian, like Graveland's new sound. I'm not doing it on purpose, I swear.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 06:44 PM

His new sound was good on like...maybe one or two albums... Then it got tiring... You do know he does the new shit under another name... Lord Storm or something like that.

Dixie Jan 16th, 2008 06:47 PM

I really loved black metal as a teenager.
With the exception of a few bands, it's totally gay. Profanatica gay at that.

Spetsnaz Jan 16th, 2008 06:52 PM

Profanatica....Is really fucking gay.

Vanhelm13 Jan 16th, 2008 07:49 PM

Oh god, not them...

Wait. Black metal thread.

"Oh satan, not them"

Mintrude Jan 17th, 2008 11:10 AM

And how could we have a black metal thread without Immortal? Despite the fact that they're the silliest thing grown men have been involved with since the invention of the fake plastic vagina, they're damn good.

Spetsnaz Jan 17th, 2008 01:07 PM

Yeah, but Immortal doesn't take themselves seriously. I fucking love that. They have the most redicilous fucking photo shoots, not to mention that one video where they're all playing on a mountain top in the snow.

That and they actually have talent, which is hard to come by in this genre of teen fanboys and psuedosatanaists.

Trash Jan 17th, 2008 02:02 PM

In the Nebular raven's winter

Winds are known from where they blow

Mintrude Jan 17th, 2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trash (Post 524556)
In the Nebular raven's winter

Winds are known from where they blow

Blizzard Beasts just happens to be my fave Immortal album. I like how it's so ridiculously full-on all the way through.

Spetsnaz Jan 17th, 2008 02:51 PM

Ravens season has begun
Melancholic ageless and unknown
Mesmerized you fall in our domain

Dixie Jan 17th, 2008 03:40 PM

Masters Hammer might be something some of you may want to look into. They're like the Dissection that never went gay.
Absu is worth checking out, especially the album Tara.
Blood Storm is simply awesome. The last album Sirian Storm was absolutely crushing.

Not all black metal is all "Satan and eeeeeevil".

And with the exception of a VERY few bands Wacken looks like shit this year. Keep It True has been slaughtering Wacken's line ups for quite awhile now.

Mintrude Jan 17th, 2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God (Post 524616)
Masters Hammer might be something some of you may want to look into. They're like the Dissection that never went gay.
Absu is worth checking out, especially the album Tara.
Blood Storm is simply awesome. The last album Sirian Storm was absolutely crushing.

Not all black metal is all "Satan and eeeeeevil".

And with the exception of a VERY few bands Wacken looks like shit this year. Keep It True has been slaughtering Wacken's line ups for quite awhile now.

Tara is like, one of the best things ever. I have a (possibly unfair) opinion of Absu as one-album wonders, are their other albums any good?

Dixie Jan 17th, 2008 04:20 PM

I think everything Absu's ever done is awesome, but I would suggest the Mythological Occult Metal double disc as a good "sampler" for their work if you're not too familiar with them. The Third Storm of Cythraul is probably my second favorite Absu full length though.

Trash Jan 17th, 2008 08:18 PM

Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L was a boring album.