I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Titanic Sequel? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23287)

suncrafter Dec 17th, 2006 09:51 PM

Titanic Sequel?

Titanic Sequel Idea:

It might be cool if they did a Titanic sequel that tells the story of Rose's life AFTER the first movie...

Think of all the stuff Rose witnessed and did in those 90 years... The stock market crash, both world wars, giving birth, her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, falling in love again after Jack, did she ever see Molly Brown or her mother again? Man's landing on the moon, woman's suffrage movement, civil rights movement. How did she became a pilot? Did she ever get back on a ship? How did she meet her future husband, how did HE die?

Jeff The Ninja Dec 17th, 2006 10:13 PM

Dude, two things.

1) your Avatar is WAY TOO FUCKING BIG. Damnit, click on this thread and All I see is Orc teeth (no offense)

And number 2) A Sequel to Titanic would be pointless as the Ship is already sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic and Jack is now a Popsicle sitting on the sea floor.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 17th, 2006 10:29 PM

As bad as the idea of making a sequel to the Titanic based around one of the people from the first, I think the actual pitch about exploring Rose's life sounds like it could be interesting to people that connected with her in Titanic. However, it could never really be a true sequel, what with the ship being at the bottom of the ocean at all, and I doubt that it would arose enough interest from movie-goers or filmmakers. Not having Leonardo Dicaprio and the Titanic itself would probably be seen to some as being like that tv-movie sequel to Christmas Vacation (except not nearly as terrible, and not a tv-movie).

xbxDaniel Dec 17th, 2006 10:30 PM

I don't think I've ever sat through the entire movie.

MetalMilitia Dec 17th, 2006 10:32 PM

Titanic was a ridiculously crap film and a sequel would be even more boring and shitty.

Angryhydralisk Dec 18th, 2006 12:34 AM

Re: Titanic Sequel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suncrafter
Titanic Sequel Idea:

It might be cool if they did a Titanic sequel that tells the story of Rose's life AFTER the first movie...

Think of all the stuff Rose witnessed and did in those 90 years... The stock market crash, both world wars, giving birth, her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, falling in love again after Jack, did she ever see Molly Brown or her mother again? Man's landing on the moon, woman's suffrage movement, civil rights movement. How did she became a pilot? Did she ever get back on a ship? How did she meet her future husband, how did HE die?

Also, Rose is on a ship while she's telling the big story.

WhiteRat Dec 18th, 2006 01:18 AM

How about you write the story yourself and post it in this here very thread? Please include many Buffy, Lost, and Smallville cross-overs.

Sacks Dec 18th, 2006 04:57 AM

Someone made a fake trailer a while ago about this. Only they found Jack frozen in a block of ice and he was running around trying to find Rose and going crazy. It was awesome.

Spectre X Dec 18th, 2006 06:23 AM

Oh my, yes. They spliced footage from Demolition Man and Catch Me If You Can, I think, to make that.

It was amazing.

ArrowX Dec 18th, 2006 09:47 AM

also the Hulk

Angryhydralisk Dec 18th, 2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks
Someone made a fake trailer a while ago about this. Only they found Jack frozen in a block of ice and he was running around trying to find Rose and going crazy. It was awesome.

Link? I have got to see this.

zeldasbiggestfan Dec 21st, 2006 12:36 AM

You read my mind.

Sacks Dec 21st, 2006 01:20 AM

Titanic 2: Jack's Back

zeldasbiggestfan Dec 21st, 2006 09:24 AM

:lol

Angryhydralisk Dec 21st, 2006 11:25 AM

I think my nephew seen this and thought it was real. Anyways, that was funny as the guy falling and bouncing off that rudder in the actual movie.

Skulhedface Dec 25th, 2006 09:35 AM

Think about it from a writer's standpoint: Rose's only reason for existing as a character, aside from telling this in a flashback perspective, is to have a warm body for a romantic halfplot.

Sure, maybe her life was "interesting", but as a character whose only importance was covered by an arc in the first movie, what can they do to make anyone care for a second time?

Make her fall in love again? Again, as a writer, you just bombed if that's the case. Because you're basically just making Rose some idiotwhore who falls agape in love with any moronic pretty boy who has more cock than cash. If you were trying to salvage some sort of reputation from the first movie, you'd kill it with a sequel.

I still think I'd buy a copy, though. If only because maybe, along with my cash, I can send a note saying "Here's some bribe money, stop making terrible fucking movies" to the producers.