I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hausu - Quite Possibly The Most Insane Japanese Horror Movie Ever Made! House! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708791)

MockBot Sep 19th, 2012 08:32 PM

Hausu - Quite Possibly The Most Insane Japanese Horror Movie Ever Made! House!

Automatically generated comment thread for Hausu - Quite Possibly The Most Insane Japanese Horror Movie Ever Made! House!.

Kenji Sep 20th, 2012 06:22 AM

I've stumbled upon written and video reviews of Hausu before, and every time I am amazed at the sheer mindfuckery going on in this movie. Here's hoping for more great pieces like this one popping up over the next weeks.

(Interesting side note: the English word for piano is "piano". Which is Italian.)

MarioRPG Sep 20th, 2012 09:37 AM

This may be one of my new favourite articles on I-Mockery. Ton of little digs on a very bizarre film. I've yet to see Hausu, but this has made me pretty sure I need to get some guys together and watch it.

sewnupsmile Sep 20th, 2012 12:42 PM

A Hell of an article from the good Dr. I love the fire graphic trailing off of Hausu title, it makes the white cat look like such a bad ass! And as for Mr. Togo...Damn tht dude can break dance!!!

Joe Musashi Sep 20th, 2012 12:43 PM

I actually had the pleasure of watching this movie a few months ago when they showed it on TCM. It was an interesting and creative experience, and pretty surreal at times, but that's what drew me into it. And although a couple of the girls got on my nerves a few times, I loved it anyway.

carcass Sep 20th, 2012 09:09 PM

WOW This film looks bat shit insane!!!

dextire Sep 20th, 2012 10:39 PM

Hey, glad to see you guys finally trying to make some sense out of this bizarre gem. Fantastic job, Dr. Boogie. :halloween2

ChaiTea Sep 21st, 2012 02:37 AM

Yesss! I fucking love the movie. And I made sure to spread it like a virus to everyone I know.

Kitsa Sep 21st, 2012 11:23 AM

It was one of the WTFiest of the J-cinema WTF classics.

A few years back (let's say, between the American release of The Grudge and The Grudge 2...*shudder*) there was a dvd called "Dark Tales From Japan". I don't know if it's still in stores, but I'm sure you could order it from Amazon. Anyway, nestled among diversions like "The Turbo Hag" is a sort of send-up of Hausu, only it's like the girls actually got to the Inn after all and it's the inn that's haunted. Similar annoying characters. No Roger Rabbit cats, though.

Edit: apparently there's more than one, and apparently I've seen both somehow :/

Shadowdancer21b Sep 21st, 2012 02:31 PM

Hausu: the only horror movie that can easily be mistaken for an episode of The Monkees.

Mockery Sep 23rd, 2012 01:35 PM

Yup, I totally remember that episode of The Monkees where a floating severed head of Davy Jones bit some girl in the ass.

In all seriousness though, I really want everybody I know to watch this movie, because there's simply nothing even remotely like it. Pure madness.

WhiteRoseBrian Sep 24th, 2012 10:07 AM

Lately I've begun contemplating the serious possibility of being a comic artist. Who knows? If this really as crazed as you say--I also saw a video from Mike Mattei of Cinemassacre--this may help me learn to draw total mind-freaks.

Danny 4 Eyes Sep 29th, 2012 04:27 PM

Think my brain got raped by the sheer mind-fuckery going on here

replicant Dec 14th, 2012 03:28 PM

The movie was hilarious the only thing that would make it amazing is if it the pacing was better. The pacing is what makes a difficult watch.