I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What MMOs are good (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21421)

Archduke Tips May 29th, 2006 10:15 AM

What MMOs are good

I was thinking about playing World of Warcraft again, but I haven't been keeping up with the latest MMO games at all.

What fun online games would you guys recommend?

Misdemonar May 29th, 2006 12:55 PM

World of Warcraft

the_dudefather May 29th, 2006 01:10 PM

guild wars and COV are not bad

AChimp May 29th, 2006 02:13 PM

WoW is the only good one, which is why 6 million people play WoW and the other MMOs have no one.

Moobs May 29th, 2006 02:43 PM

World of Warcraft is for some the only MMO. It freakin' rocks man :(

Chojin May 29th, 2006 02:53 PM

COV has a lot of great things going for it and is probably the most original MMO out there, but there's nothing to it aside from combat, which can get boring.

That latter point describes every other MMO in the known universe, so, GOOD LUCK!

Check out the MMO holy wars thread I made. There are lots of MMO reviews in there.

http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=20985

MarioRPG May 29th, 2006 03:17 PM

I'm going to have to say WoW. That game ruins lives man.

Archduke Tips May 29th, 2006 03:32 PM

From what I have heard, I think I'm gonna give WoW another try. Call of Heros was fun, but I'm really more into the swords and magic kind of environment.

So for you guys who play WoW... I want to play a good grouping class with some fun to it. Something where I am not just hitting the same button over and over again. Also, it would be nice if the class was decent in PVP. What would you recommend?

Moobs May 29th, 2006 03:36 PM

Well warriors like myself tend to do the same thing and attacks all the time, infact i think thats what mose people do until they get to a pretty high level.

But I think you want a druid, you will be healing for most instances but will be able to kick ass in bear form if the warrior doesnt grab the aggro and the mobs and stuff attack you.

Also the bear can dance :D

Archduke Tips May 29th, 2006 04:01 PM

Druid sounds like it might be fun. I think I might try out a few characters at first and stick with the one I like best.

What do you think about paladins, priests, and rogues?

Misdemonar May 29th, 2006 04:18 PM

paladins are pussys, Shamans are better, PM you're server and I'll play with you.

Moobs May 29th, 2006 04:30 PM

Yeah same, PM me and I'll play with you :)

Oh and dont go paladin, I think you'd fit being a druid like i said or maybe a warlock. You just gotta choose your race now...*cough* undead *cough*

Misdemonar May 29th, 2006 05:14 PM

undead = magic users
Tauren = awesome wars
Orc = all-around okay
troll = magic

Moobs May 29th, 2006 07:04 PM

Just a heads up if you're a tauren people will call you a cow and kick you out the group if you dont say 'moo' trust me :(

Misdemonar May 29th, 2006 08:23 PM

Hey moobs, what server you play on?

executioneer May 29th, 2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

What MMOs are good
none of them

CaptainBubba May 29th, 2006 11:51 PM

Its all butoon mashing. IF you really want versatility your best bet is a druid or shaman. Both of them supposedly can have melee uses but in truth past level 59 they dont, and are just mage/priest hybrids, but still involve more quick thinking and moving than perhaps other classes.

Pallies are a lie, they exist to cleanse and heal poorly and they suck.
Priests are fun stuff because they can mind control for pvp and are vital in all end game instances.
Rogues are extreme button mashers but have bad ass damage and can be very nessecary for some bosses.

Emu May 29th, 2006 11:53 PM

I don't play WOW but I remember everybody bitching about how over or underpowered paladins were I don't remember someone fill me in

the_dudefather May 30th, 2006 05:03 AM

yeah Pallys are a useful class, but they are either 'overpowered' or 'way too easy to kill' depending on which opinion you heard first

AChimp May 30th, 2006 09:16 AM

Paladins are gimp.

Warlocks are the best, and one of the most complicated to play. Plus, no one beats me in PvP anymore, except for the occassional shadow priest and warriors with 80dps weapons.

timrpgland May 30th, 2006 10:14 AM

Ultima Online ;)

Archduke Tips May 31st, 2006 07:37 PM

I used to love UO.
Anyway, I just got back from Florida and I need to rearrange my apartment and help my new roommates move in. I'll probably look into starting up WoW sometime next week.

camacazio Jun 1st, 2006 10:47 AM

Phantasy Star Online, bitches

timrpgland Jun 1st, 2006 11:22 AM

I still like UO. It's changed a lot, some for the bad, but it still has customization going for it unlike any other.

eggyolk Jun 5th, 2006 01:20 AM

if you're thinking about world of warcraft. join up on horde on pvp server bonechewer. the horde vs alliance ratio is reasonable and most alliance are generally well behaved. that's excluding stranglethorn vale which is a whole different story. if you join the server my name is "watt", 32 undead warlock.