I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I believe I've just walked out of my job (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20083)

Bod Feb 10th, 2006 10:47 AM

I believe I've just walked out of my job

After three years and having a mortgage plus mant debts, well I'm shocked.

But just goes to prove however much you need a job, there's only so much anyone can take.

I couldn't believe each step as I took it away from the building though.

Cosmo Electrolux Feb 10th, 2006 10:48 AM

Just up and quit, eh? I fantasize about that myself....

sadie Feb 10th, 2006 10:55 AM

what was the final straw?

Tara Feb 10th, 2006 07:49 PM

Atta girl! I admire you for that. I walked off a GREAT job just last summer and I just bought a house. Sometimes new opportunities don't arrive until you shag the old baggage off your shoulders.

Sicktodeathmx Feb 10th, 2006 11:11 PM

Wow, where did you work and why did you quit?
I hope things work out for you. I'm trying to find a second job myself right now :(

Slinky Ferret Feb 11th, 2006 06:53 AM

Tell us more! This sounds like it could be a tale of woe and frustration under a slave driver tyrant for low wages recieving a never ending stream of verbal abuse...

Or she just got tired of not being challenged and walked out.

Bod Feb 11th, 2006 12:56 PM

I just got fed up of being held back, being taken for granted and talked to like a 12 year old. I then found out a colleague who does exactly the same job as me is on a much higher wage.

So I went home.

Sirhamalot Feb 13th, 2006 11:52 PM

Oh I fantasize about the day that I can quit (May 23, 2006), it will be great. I see it now no more duty, no more asshole Chiefs, and no more being stationed in places I wouldn't drive through. Your right the breaking point does supercede finances, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Terra Feb 13th, 2006 11:54 PM

Don't forget to plant a few land mines when you go.

Sirhamalot Feb 14th, 2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra
Don't forget to plant a few land mines when you go.

I should be back in Gulfport, MS (the village of the Damned) by April so I'll make a note of that. Oh well fun times for the future broke people of the world.

Command Prompt Feb 14th, 2006 06:10 AM

What kind of job did you have?

Sirhamalot Feb 14th, 2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Command Prompt
What kind of job did you have?

Either an unemployed axe murderer, or a US Navy Sailor (serving with the Seabees). I keep forgeting.

Bod Feb 17th, 2006 09:19 AM

I was a graphic Designer.

Thing is I went back on Wednesday, the doctor having stated that I'd had a small breakdown, put me on pills and sent me back to work. Cos at the end of the day I do need to earn a wage.

But the company is sinking and have made ten redundancies today, guess who was one of them!! Ha at least this way I get redundancy payment. Am in shock though. Gonna get pissed now.

Dole Feb 17th, 2006 11:18 AM

Ha, result!