I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Soccer (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699977)

Pub Lover Jun 16th, 2008 03:14 PM

Soccer

Quote:

The New Zealand women's soccer team has pulled off a major upset in South Korea.
The Football Ferns have beaten South American champion Argentina 1-0 at the Peace Queen Cup. The goal was scored by Amber Hearn in the 15th minute.
New Zealand coach John Herdman says the Peace Queen Cup is the second biggest tournament behind the World Cup.
IN YOUR FACE, EL PILA! IS THERE A SPORT AT WHICH YOUR NATION'S WOMEN DON'T SUCK? OH YEAH!

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2008 03:30 PM

Football FERNS

Pub Lover Jun 16th, 2008 03:34 PM

It's the naming system. The Ferns part means it's the girls team. The Football means that NZ cunts think soccer is so crappy it doesn't deserve a colour. For example Rugby's Black Ferns, Netball's Silver Ferns, & Cricket's White Ferns.

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2008 03:37 PM

Why not the Poppys?

Pub Lover Jun 16th, 2008 03:48 PM

Because poppies aren't a significant cultural symbol here?

Well, they are, but they represent death. :(

You'd have to ask some Moari why they cream themselves over ferns, except they wouldn't know as they're barely literate thanks to decades of European colonial abuse.

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2008 03:49 PM

AND FOOTBALL.

Pub Lover Jun 16th, 2008 03:50 PM

Shut up with you shit.

Pentegarn Jun 16th, 2008 07:29 PM

I thought it was spelled futbol

Fathom Zero Jun 16th, 2008 07:38 PM

I don't think New Zealand speaks a variation of Spanish.

Pub Lover Jun 16th, 2008 07:52 PM

I labeled the thread Soccer to avoid this argument about football. :(

Someone poke an Australian so he can jabber on about Aussie Rules. :rolleyes

I knew I should've made the thread about the Olympics. The woman's basketball groups were announced today. :(

WhiteRat Jun 16th, 2008 10:18 PM

The USA Men's Baxetball is absolutely stacked. Lebron, Kobe, Howard, and Anthony as 4 of your starters? Also Chris Paul and Dewayne Wade likely coming off the bench?This team will steamroll it's way to the Gold. I'm so sure of it that if they don't win the Gold, I WILL NEVER POST HERE AGAIN.

ps - 2004's bronze winning squad sucked balls and is a much inferior team to this rendition.

ElPila666 Jun 17th, 2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 561401)
The Football Ferns have beaten South American champion Argentina 1-0 at the Peace Queen Cup

Argentina had never won a female soccer tournament, south american champions? where did you get this?>:

BTW, one thing that i like of "futbol" is the commentaries, when the players do a score the commentary man shout: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AL!!!!!!!!"

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2008 11:57 PM

:(

Pentegarn Jun 18th, 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 561489)
I labeled the thread Soccer to avoid this argument about football. :(

Someone poke an Australian so he can jabber on about Aussie Rules. :rolleyes

I knew I should've made the thread about the Olympics. The woman's basketball groups were announced today. :(

I was going to put up a picture here of Jocko, but damned if I can't find a good one other than a tiny pic of him holding a giant Energizer battery

By the way, you're right, we should have an Olympics thread.