I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Joys of Gaming (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17923)

Ninjavenom Jul 25th, 2005 01:46 AM

The Joys of Gaming

I just mentioned a very special God of War moment in Boogie's thread and it occurred to me that there are so many priceless things one can do in videogames, so i said to myself, "HEY, why don't you make another thread where people list shit?"

And away we go:

Postal 2's ability to douse anything in gas and torch it wins some major points, especially for the "Flaming Head Soccer" game i'm sure everyone else played.

Goldeneye's Golden Gun multiplayer matches were a blast. I would hide in the facility's stalls and wait until someone came to open the door and bust ;em in the gut right through it. Excellent way to piss off friends.

In Tekken 5 you can command Heihachi to grab a player by the throat and hurl them across the ring. Doesn't sound too cool, but when you think of a muscled old angry japanman hurling a small asian girl across a church floor, you get why it's so fun.

The ability to hurl a WWII biplane into a crowd of elvis impersonators in San Andreas is ridiculously fun.

Blood's voodoo doll is my favorite weapon EVER.

So, what have you faggots got?

Mr. Vagiclean Jul 25th, 2005 03:19 AM

operation flashpoint, customizing a map to invade a beach as US military units against the russians hiding in the trees!

half life mod Day of defeat 3.1, making a server for my friends against over whelming spade swinging nazi zombies, we died round down to our knives : [

eggyolk Jul 25th, 2005 04:24 AM

getting a 100% on any adventure game like on n64 and getting a little easter egg for a reward

pjalne Jul 25th, 2005 06:25 AM

Kuribo's shoe in SMB3.

Mad Melvin Jul 25th, 2005 06:34 AM

Creating havok with the minigun in San Andreas. Unbeliavable firepower.

Pissing off Myron or the first citizen Lynette in Fallout 2.

The machete and the scythe in Postal 2: apocalypse weekend. Too bad that the game sucks otherwise.

Driscoll Jul 25th, 2005 07:06 AM

Another Fallout moment:
Strapping dynamite to a child, watching him explode, and then having bounty hunters on your tail for the rest of the game for being a child killer.

Easter eggs in games, in general.

Helm Jul 25th, 2005 07:51 AM

an early one that left and impression was playing quakeworld and everybody jumping on the head of one guy and then running around like a big human stick. I know it doesn't sound too cool today but back then it was novel that you were playing online even so I guess...

another one was back in UT in this map called fractal that has this trap under the shield belt that seems like certain death, but we played that map so much that we learnt to evade the trap and even use it to our tactical advantage ( it's a hole on the floor level that teleports above the paying area right over a 'laser' or something). It was cool to see other people go 'lol' when you fell into the trap on your own and then teleport above them and sink 6 rockets on their head.

I guess finishing A.D.O.M is also one of the cool videogame moments. Finishing Rings of Power, also after having the game for the last 10 years.

King Hadas Jul 25th, 2005 08:44 AM

In Outlander, if you kill a biker when his really close to the hood of your car their corpse will sometimes roll over the windshield.

When you defeat Nevan in DMC3 you get a guitar as a weapon (easily the worse weapon in the game but it was still cool).

In silent Hill 2 their was a part at the beginning of the apartments where you hear a gunshot and when you go to investigate you can see one of the Pyrmaid heads standing motionless behind some bars. Also in SH 3 when you have to go through that funhouse.

the_dudefather Jul 25th, 2005 09:55 AM

covering a ally bot in mines in perfect dark then sending them to an enemy base (so wrong, yet so right)

capturing a hero in dungeon keeper, torturing him to near death, healing him in prison, and sending him back as many times as nessecary until they convert :)

riding a moped off the mountain in san andreas, and successfully landing at the bottom, alive and still on the bike :)

Gurlugon Jul 25th, 2005 10:51 AM

Chunking an opponent in Unreal Tournament. There's one sound effect that goes with it that completely sells it for me.

Zomboid Jul 25th, 2005 12:44 PM

-Kicking heads in Blood
-Sneaking up behind someone in any online game and blowing em away
-Connecting with a super punch in Rocky Legends

MetalMilitia Jul 25th, 2005 01:56 PM

- Punching civilians in the face in "Judge Dread VS Death"

- Long range toilet takeouts with the grav gun in HL2DM

- Catching plasma balls and thowing them back at the firer in HL2DM

- Taking people out with the explosive barrels in Battlefield 2, especially with an anti-material sniper rifle.

- Landing a flying kick in the face on a enemy in the F.E.A.R MP Beta

- Killing someone with the defibulator shock paddles in Battlefield 2

-Walking through houses in Postal 2, killing the inhabitants then kicking a chair through the window and escaping

- Spending about 5 mins dropping grenades on the floor in the police carpark in Postal 2 then shooting one from a distance with the sniper rifle and watching the insane explosion.

Schimid Jul 25th, 2005 02:30 PM

Picking Oddjob in Goldeneye Multiplayer.

Picking Servbot in MvC2.

Picking Athena/Red Arremer/Serious Mr. Karate in SVC: Chaos.

My friends hate me, by the way.

MetalMilitia Jul 25th, 2005 03:07 PM

Putting proxy mines in the vents in the facility on goldeneye so when someone spawned up there they would not be able to get out.

Emu Jul 25th, 2005 03:08 PM

Sniping people with that wall-piercing rifle in Perfect Dark. With Elvis.

Oh, and playing Spiderman: Maximum Carnage and defeating the first bosses in one hit by shooting out your web and slamming them together over your head. I cried laughing.

AChimp Jul 25th, 2005 03:32 PM

Finding the intricate egg in Zork.

Emu Jul 25th, 2005 03:39 PM

I broke that thing with a screwdriver. Three times. :/

Speaking of Zork: The spell that doubles the amount of alcoholic beverages and the exploding Pop Rox in Grand Inquisitor.

executioneer Jul 25th, 2005 03:49 PM

man you can't open the egg yourself you have got fumbley fingers in that game, you have to give it to someone else

in fallout/fallout 2 i really enjoyed sometimes to kill everyone in an ENTIRE TOWN just to prove i could do it

sometimes it was even a big town like new reno or the Hub :eek

EverythingWillSuck Jul 25th, 2005 06:36 PM

The Rocket Launcher in Perfect Dark that let you control the rocket.

Also, using Milia in GGXX with her S attack multiple times. You could finish Survival almost solely with that move. Oh, and it pisses people off too.

Emu Jul 25th, 2005 06:46 PM

Return to Castle Wolfenstein's Tesla Gun is pretty good, too. It's funny to watch the Nazis writhe in pain and drop their guns.

I also like the ridiculous power of the Shotguns in RE4. I don't know that much about shotguns, but I'm pretty sure that even at point blank range a headshot wouldn't make their body flip over itself 3 times.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 25th, 2005 07:17 PM

Anything in Postal 2.

Most of the things in Flatout.

Riding atop a jet in BF1942 while someone pilots it and hang on for dear life.

Battlefield 2, grenade your friends off a large building as a medic, parachute down, and revive them. They get a laugh out of that.

Accidentally pulling a 3600 degree turn in Vice City, while my bike hit the edge of a truck I was trying to jump.

In Prince of Persia, when I had to drink the right potion to continue, having to guess the right one because the letters fucking disappeared.

Helm Jul 25th, 2005 08:19 PM

oh yeah definately the original prince of persia where you figure out the shadow fight. That game is good memories.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 25th, 2005 08:32 PM

I started playing again, because, well, I never beat it. It's rediculous. After 6 years.

Anyway, I got to the part where the shadow guy steps on the switch and I fall. That was definantly a fun moment to enjoy for the first time.

edit: don't ruin the shadowfight for me >:

Rongi Jul 25th, 2005 08:34 PM

that one move in Ninja Gaiden where you jump at someone, grab them by the fucking neck, and hurl them into a wall.

Helm Jul 25th, 2005 08:36 PM

wouldn't ruin the shadowfight. Pay attention to how much time you got though, it's pretty difficult in that respect. I beat it with 3-5 minutes left which was intense. I think the record online is 17: minutes or so, crazy.