I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Fat_Hippo Mar 20th, 2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 540682)
I just talked to my friend last night about No Country for Old Men, she said it was terrible. This is also coming from the person with a tattoo of a unicorn throwing up rainbows though. It looked really good.

Don't listen to her, seriously. Unless you have something against thrilling action and chase scenes, or you're a hog for traditional endings, I don't see how you could not like this movie. It's very different from most other movies, yes, but that only makes it better in my book.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 20th, 2008 03:50 PM

I might go rent it tonight. I have to get that and the Darjeeling limited too though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 20th, 2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPila666 (Post 540717)
Luckily i didn't watched No Country for Old Men on cinema cause there isn't a rewind option and otherway i'll coudn't understand the end of the movie

The one that i'm watching right now is Charlies Angels 2, i didn't know that Crispin Glover had such a badass role

Charlie's angels Full Throttle is one of the best movies made by anyone ever. :meat

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2008 01:42 PM

Rear Window

Pentegarn Mar 22nd, 2008 07:38 AM

I just watched Charlie Wilson's War. My girlfriend wanted to see it and I expected I would only be mildly entertained, but it turned out I really enjoyed it.

I just got No Country For Old Men via Netflix and will watch that one today.

Zomboid Mar 22nd, 2008 04:32 PM

The Host - Fucking awesome. Really fun monster movie.
2001 maniacs - ehhh.... Cheesy fun, I guess.

Rear Window was also really good.

Fat_Hippo Mar 22nd, 2008 04:55 PM

My Date with Drew - I was really dissapointed with this movie, cause it sounded like it might at the least be interesting, but it was actually just really boring. I watched the whole thing, but from 10 minutes into the movie and onwards, I was thinking to myself that I'd rather be doing something else. It might have something to do with the fact that I just kind of pitied the main character for having such a pointless obsession and being an idiot.

ChicagoDrew Mar 22nd, 2008 05:25 PM

The Core - Damn I love this movie. It's horrible and yet oh so awesome.

No Country For Old Men - It's good, actually. I think if you can sit thru some quiet periods, you'll grow to appreciate the kill-scenes more. I just thought the whole movie was very well made and the bad guy is really convincing.

Sam Mar 22nd, 2008 07:04 PM

I saw The Mist and I was very neutral towards it!

Spoilers!

Wild Wallace Mar 22nd, 2008 08:55 PM

Bubble Boy and What's The Worst That Can Happen?

Guess which one sucked more.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2008 10:45 PM

Gotta go with bubble boy. The latter at least had Danny Devito and John Leguizamo in it, sure fire win.

ElPila666 Mar 24th, 2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 541288)
I saw The Mist and I was very neutral towards it!

Spoilers!

I think The Mist is the best movie of the year so far is like a M. Night Shyamalan movie plus a good lovecraft story, Thomas Jane was awesome and the Capote guy too, it's a must see :rock

liquidstatik Mar 24th, 2008 04:54 AM

this isn't a movie, but i've been watchin dead like me on surfthechannel the last few days :x

McClain Mar 24th, 2008 10:00 AM

We Own The Night. Not half bad.

Geggy Mar 24th, 2008 01:56 PM

alpha dogs. good story, bad acting. poor kid :(

Fat_Hippo Mar 24th, 2008 04:43 PM

Pulp Fiction. Still a classic.

MetalMilitia Mar 24th, 2008 06:41 PM

The Orphanage & The Mist.

The Orphanage was kind of hard to keep up with because the sub-titles flash past really quickly (at least in the non-official subtitled version). Once you get used to this its a genuinely creepy film. Probably one of the better horrors/chillers I've seen in a long time.

The Mist was aright but the religious nut's ranting annoyed me more than anything. You just wanted someone to tell her to shut the fuck up so they could get on with dealing with the monsters. I didn't like the ending either but I'll spoiler tag that.

Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 24th, 2008 07:43 PM

I was forced to watch x-men 3 again last night. Only way I got through it again was alcohol, the problem and solution to all of life's problems.

Fat_Hippo Mar 25th, 2008 03:43 PM

I honestly don't understand what people think is so much worse about the third X-Men movie in comparison to the other ones.:confused:

Zomboid Mar 25th, 2008 06:33 PM

IT SUCKS

Esuohlim Mar 25th, 2008 07:27 PM

"I'm the Juggernaut bitch" haha.

They should have put GW in that movie as a cameo to post CD-i Zelda screenshots.

McClain Mar 25th, 2008 09:42 PM

WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER

Fathom Zero Mar 25th, 2008 10:08 PM

Stealth was an utter shitfest.

WhiteRat Mar 25th, 2008 10:17 PM

Summer Rental starring John Candy. Had it's moments but what do you expect from a cookie cutter 80's comedy.

Zomboid Mar 26th, 2008 12:05 AM

I just watched the orphanage. The subtitles did pop up and disappear kinda quickly, but really, all it takes is a quick glance to read what's there. I really liked it. Genuinely creepy in some parts and I really liked how they ended it. The very last scene seemed a bit unnecessary but that's not a big deal at all.

HickMan Mar 26th, 2008 04:20 AM

Real Genius

Waking Ned Devine

MetalMilitia Mar 26th, 2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 542244)
I just watched the orphanage. The subtitles did pop up and disappear kinda quickly, but really, all it takes is a quick glance to read what's there. I really liked it. Genuinely creepy in some parts and I really liked how they ended it. The very last scene seemed a bit unnecessary but that's not a big deal at all.

I had mixed feeling about the ending. While I did like it I felt it was almost too similar to Pan's Labyrinth:

Spoilers!

HickMan Mar 27th, 2008 12:13 AM

Just watched The Fisher King for the first time. Robin Williams is really hairy

terrva Mar 27th, 2008 11:40 AM

I watched Funky Forest: The First Contact (imdb) the other day. It was pretty entertaining and featured some kick arse music, especially at the end.

If you like brainfuck films such as Holy Mountain, El Topo, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Eraserhead, eXistenZ and Brazil, you'll probably enjoy this. However, this one doesn't have as much offensive stuff in it as the ones mentioned.

BLEU Mar 27th, 2008 07:44 PM

Night of the Lepus.

It's... surprisingly violent at parts.

VVVV There is something wrong with you. VVVV

mmm_braaains Mar 27th, 2008 10:33 PM

The last noteworthy film I watched was 30 Days of Night.
Let's just say, it gave me a she-boner. I loves me some vampires,
and not the pansy Anne Rice ones either. Hard ass, baby-eating, face chewing vampires are the best.

Mintrude Mar 29th, 2008 11:03 AM

Death Race 2000-My mind has been blown. This so needs a feature done on it.

WhiteRat Mar 29th, 2008 10:57 PM

Men In Black II. Decent for what it is but I noticed rather quickly how crappy the special effects look. When I say crappy I mean a lot of the effects look like they were generated in the 90's.

executioneer Mar 30th, 2008 07:26 AM

one flew over the cuckoo's nest

it took me halfway thru the movie to realize that danny devito was in it, best acting he ever did i bet

Kitsa Mar 30th, 2008 04:53 PM

I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 31st, 2008 06:24 PM

Finally got to see Darjeeling limited. I like it a lot, not as much as Life Aquatic but still really good.

Fat_Hippo Apr 1st, 2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 543531)
I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down :(

Well, that they were going for a "non-traditional" ending is what I assumed, but I agree, even as such, it was dissapointing. But then again, what else were they gonna do? They pretty much had to cut off the story where it was, or keep going for another hour to wrap it up. Or completely change the script a half-hour back in the movie.

liquidstatik Apr 3rd, 2008 12:09 PM

I just saw it last night, and I liked it a lot more than silence of the lambs ;/

terrva Apr 3rd, 2008 02:03 PM

I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.

Esuohlim Apr 3rd, 2008 02:05 PM

So it's like white comedy :rolleyes git-r-done :lol

terrva Apr 3rd, 2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 544489)
So it's like white comedy :rolleyes git-r-done :lol

HAR HAR HAR! :suicide

Pandajuice Apr 3rd, 2008 03:10 PM

I never liked Silence of the lambs for some reason; but still haven't seen No Country so I can't compare. I am looking forward to seeing Fido though, I've heard it's good.

The most recent films I've watched were:
The Prestige (bloody brilliant film, loved it)
King of California (indy film, was pretty good)
Devil Wears Prada (my wife wanted to watch this one, it was awful. Really predictable, cliche, and boring)

liquidstatik Apr 3rd, 2008 03:14 PM

yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not :x

Pandajuice Apr 4th, 2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 544524)
yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not :x

Truth be told, I didn't really understand the last shot ending, but as a whole, I think I got it. I like confusing endings though, especially when tied to a great film because it encourages you to watch the film again with different eyes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2008 06:15 PM

John Witherspoon stand up - "So my 16 yr old son stood in line at target from 2am to 8am to get one of those new x-box350a29'ers. I told him next week stand in line at target from 2am to 8pm at target and bring yourself home a job!"

Plus he has a surpisingly good singing voice too.
oh, and the rest is pretty funny.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrva (Post 544486)
I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.

Fido is awesome!

Mother: "Fido, where's Timmy. Did he fall down the old well boy?"

Fido: "Raaaawwwwrrr"

Esuohlim Apr 5th, 2008 06:58 PM

I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.

Fat_Hippo Apr 6th, 2008 05:43 AM

What didn't you like, the polar bear fight or the punk-ass kids?

Pandajuice Apr 6th, 2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 545637)
I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.

I make it a point to steer very clear of "fantasy epics" geared toward children and preteens.

MetalMilitia Apr 6th, 2008 06:56 AM

I watched Blood Diamond and about half of Mallrats.

Blood Diamond is a good film but it's depressing to consider how much worse the situation is in real life. It makes you feel like a shit when the TV you're watching the film on, if converted back to money, could probably sustain several families for the rest of their lives.

Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason >:

Fat_Hippo Apr 6th, 2008 09:17 AM

Beowulf: Nice animation and over-the-top fight scenes, but the story was a watered down piece of shit of what was surely a great and masterful epic, even if I haven't read it. So sure, it wasn't exactly fuel for the mind, but it was okay.

Pub Lover Apr 6th, 2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 545871)
Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason >:

Dude, that movie has tits in it. :eek

Pandajuice Apr 6th, 2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 545871)
I watched Blood Diamond and about half of Mallrats.

Blood Diamond is a good film but it's depressing to consider how much worse the situation is in real life. It makes you feel like a shit when the TV you're watching the film on, if converted back to money, could probably sustain several families for the rest of their lives.

Blood Diamond was tough to watch. On the one hand, I like Dicaprio and his performance was awesome and a treat to watch, but on the other hand, it was just another politically attention seeking movie. It ended up being much too sappy and depressing and "feed the children"-esque to be enjoyable.

I always liked Mallrats though. But then again, the last time I saw it I was 17. Still, in my head, it's part of the 50% of decent films that Kevin Smith has made along with Clerks and Dogma.

Esuohlim Apr 6th, 2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo (Post 545861)
What didn't you like, the polar bear fight or the punk-ass kids?

I HATED ALL OF IT.

Actually I realized by the middle of the movie that I wasn't paying enough attention to know what was going on anymore which made it pretty hilarious.

Especially when my mind started wandering during the polar bear fight and I reasoned in my head that Cornelius Bear of Achewood fame could mess both of them up since he's the baddest dude in town and I started cracking up. :(

Don't see this movie with friends who legitimately want to see it because you'll just piss them off with comments such as "Why the hell are there bears in this movie" and "This is some harry potter shit"

Fat_Hippo Apr 7th, 2008 02:55 AM

And Nicole Kidman's been hotter elsewhere too, is what I kept thinking.

Anyway, Alibi. I like it. Watch it. Like it too.

liquidstatik Apr 7th, 2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo (Post 545879)
I haven't read it

i have, and i thought it sucked ;<

Fat_Hippo Apr 7th, 2008 05:06 AM

Really? I've read a couple of old germanic tales and I really liked them. Everyone's a bastard, and they keep killing each other over little things like "your momma" jokes.

Edit: Liquid, you mentioned in another thread that you don't like reading. Of course you think it sucked!

ElPila666 Apr 7th, 2008 06:02 AM

The last german movie that enjoyed was Napola is about a nazi military school where they show they discipline that the kids were getting into.

I just saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, it was a music biography spoof movie, it makes fun most of it to movies like Walk The Line, The Doors, Ray, etc...

Spoilers!

RaNkeri Apr 7th, 2008 04:07 PM

Just finished American Ninja 2 : The confrontation. i loved it! especially the ninjas!
Black ninjas, 9/10 red 1/10 black ninjas, beach ninjas, kidnapper ninjas, epic-yet-pointless-maneuver ninjas, shotgun ninjas, SUPER ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 7th, 2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 546241)
Just finished American Ninja 2 : The confrontation. i loved it! especially the ninjas!
Black ninjas, 9/10 red 1/10 black ninjas, beach ninjas, kidnapper ninjas, epic-yet-pointless-maneuver ninjas, shotgun ninjas, SUPER ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!

You need to watch Ninja III: The domination. The opening 10 minutes are about a ninja who wrecks a golf course, takes on the LAPD. Get's shot fifty hunnerd times, at close range bye a cigar smoking shotgun cop and other cops in a circle, gets up and goes on another rampage. After that some 80's jazzercising comes in. The rest of the movie is still pretty bad but I'm sure Ninja III has the worst 10 opening minutes of any film ever.

RaNkeri Apr 12th, 2008 06:04 PM

Just finished watching Hard Target. Starring Van Damme, directed by John Woo. Yes, the movie did have pigeon scenes, dozens of them. And Van Damme had a greasy mullet :(

Some gems include:
  • Van Damme making a booby trap out of a snake
  • According to special effects, the guns they're using shoot out fire crackers
  • Van Damme uses approx. 10 shots -and as if that wouldn't be enough- 2 roundhouse kicks to kill an opponent
Definitely one of my favorite Van Damme flicks :lol

Esuohlim Apr 13th, 2008 12:59 AM

While it was enjoyable and I do recommend it, almost every character is in arrogant douchebag asshole. :rolleyes

RaNkeri Apr 13th, 2008 03:50 PM

Watched American Ninja 3.

This one didn't have Michael Dudikoff play the main role but thank god Steve James repeats his role as "Powerhouse" Jackson.

Although Jackson's clothing has been flamboyant ever since the first movie, and he has had the habbit of tearing away his own clothes while fighting, he somehow managed to top that. This time his clothing is so gay that even Bennett would have a hard on. And he dualwields swords!

I found this one to be somewhere between ok and bad. It's not even close to the level of the previous ones, but it has it's moments. Typical bad-good movie I'd say.

The absolute gem of this movie was the part where we learn that even ninjas wear white underwear.

bigtimecow Apr 13th, 2008 09:47 PM

i've been watching ocean's 11, 12, and 13 for the past three weeks because i don't have cable :(

i love 11 and 13, and 12 is good, but just too damn contrived for me to "love" it

Karmapolice Apr 13th, 2008 09:52 PM

The Mist. I like the movie adaptation but the ending sucks though.

WhiteRat Apr 14th, 2008 11:10 PM

Airplane. Slapstick humor at it's finest.

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2008 11:24 PM

The Pick of Destiny - Watching this movie really made me wonder if I actually do enjoy dick & fart jokes.

MadballChibcha Apr 16th, 2008 09:45 AM

Just finished a dystopian movie exhibit on my college film society.

- 1984 by Michael Radford
- Dead Man´s Letters by Konstantin Lopushanskij
- Fahrenheit 451 by François Truffaut
- The End of Evangelion by Hideaki Anno

Al four were pretty amazing movies. The first two were absolutetly pessimistic, the third one had some hilarious moments (albeit some are unintentional) and the final one was cool in a bizarre way.

MetalMilitia Apr 16th, 2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549109)
The Pick of Destiny - Watching this movie really made me wonder if I actually do enjoy dick & fart jokes.

I could draw you a diagram of a dick farting in Jack Black's face if you want, Pub.
In the business we call it an "acid test". :posh

Fat_Hippo Apr 16th, 2008 10:20 AM

Borat - Well, it's crude, but still funny. It gets a bit boring toward the end though.
What struck as remarkable is Sascha Baron Cohen's courage. I'm surprised he didn't get shot filming this movie...or eaten by a bear...or beat up at the very least. Of course, I don't know if being sued by 20 different people and a country is much better.:\

Madface Apr 17th, 2008 10:34 AM

I watched 10,000 B.C. and Doomsday...for free. When I told my friend that we were going to pay for B.C. and sneak into Doomsday I would have never thought I'd actually be happier about paying for 10,000 B.C. Both movies were pretty uninteresting but Doomsday is the first time that i have actually come close to falling asleep amidst grotesque but familiar violence. They were both crapfests don't get me wrong but Doomsday was easily the worse movie.

timrpgland Apr 18th, 2008 12:14 AM

Fracture and The Black Dahlia. I thought both were ok but I expected Fracture to be a bit more.... um. clever?

Fat_Hippo Apr 18th, 2008 08:27 AM

I considered watching 10'000 BC in the cinema, but the incredibly stupid name put me off (not good stupid, like Snakes on a Plane stupid, but just stupid), so I decided to watch No Country for Old Men instead. Apparently a good decision.

RaNkeri Apr 19th, 2008 04:58 PM

AvP2:Requiem

Well, where do I begin? I've always been gay for predators because of their equipment and nature, and I gotta admit that the movie wasn't a dissapointment on that area. It was great to see one "professional" predator instead of the 3 wussies we had in the first movie.

But who the hell cares about people in this kind of a movie? Hell, I don't watch these movies because I'm interested to see drama or who will survive, I watch these to see people die when caught on the crossfire. I root for the monsters. So if they'll ever make AvP3, just give the humans smaller role, because I'm quite sure that most of the people, just like me, want to see Aliens fight against Predators and don't give a damn about humans. Unless the humans are marines or something like that.

And what the hell is it with the idea of having all the huge fights in dark? Is it really that hard to have aliens fight against predators in daylight?

But hey, it was way better than the 1st one.

Fat_Hippo Apr 19th, 2008 05:06 PM

Gone Baby Gone - Well, it wasn't great. Actually, I wouldn't even call it good. But it was decent, I suppose, which is surprising, seeing how it had TWO Afflecks involved with it. But I found myself bored most of the time; only a few of the scenes had me watching with real interest.

Thank you for Smoking - One of those few really great movies. Some great laughs to be had in this movie, and I really recommend watching it. Hell, buy the DVD, because it's a movie that can be watched many times and still enjoyed very much.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 19th, 2008 10:25 PM

Days of Thunder. I really don't like Nascar or Tom Cruise, but my friend is rock solid for both. I was impressed that it had John C Reilly in it though. Made Talladega nights that much funnier.

Has anyone else seen the trailer for "The Onion movie"? Looks worth watching.

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 10:08 AM

Talladega nights: the ballad of ricky bobby, that was awesome, i learned too many english expression throught that movie like "shake and bake" or "now you see it now you don't" among others

DALI-II Apr 22nd, 2008 09:39 AM

In movies: Idiocrasy. Awesome to the 10th degree.

On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.:love

JediScum Apr 22nd, 2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DALI-II (Post 551019)
On DVD: The Shining. Creepy awesome Hitchcockesque happy death fun time. Huzzah.:love

This may sound odd, but which "The Shining"? I like the original with Jack Nicholson but, the movie has been, unfortunately re-made.

Seems like everything is getting re-made, so I innocently have to ask.

Greedo NEVER shot first.

RaNkeri Apr 22nd, 2008 02:47 PM

Wasn't there also a version that was "more loyal" to the King's novel?

After seeing Jack Nicholson in the role, can't really imagine anyone else as fitting for it.

executioneer Apr 22nd, 2008 04:13 PM

i kind of liked the remake :( it's more impressive to see the dude from wings being a crazy creepy guy than j. nicholson, because the dude from wings does not have creepy built in

DALI-II Apr 23rd, 2008 06:22 AM

The original.(and the best,IMO.) They actually made a remake?!

Zombinatrix Apr 25th, 2008 03:37 AM

Zombinatrix Apr 27th, 2008 04:09 AM

Just finished Diary of the Dead and it was alot better than I thought it would be. Definitely better than the Day of the Dead remake, which was a crappy remake of an already terrible movie in the dead series.

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2008 05:19 PM

Control. Really excellent film but fuck me, it'll depress the shit out of you. Highly recommended though, especially if you're a fan of Joy division.

RaNkeri Apr 27th, 2008 05:55 PM

Shoot 'em up.

probably one of the greatest/most entertaining action movies released in 2000s.

Has so many gems that I won't even start listing them out. And the main villain is fucking awesome :lol

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2008 06:33 PM

I'm inclined to agree actually. It was really entertaining, if completely ridiculous.

Fathom Zero Apr 27th, 2008 10:38 PM

I knew from the minute I saw the TV spots that it was going to be ridiculous, like Crank.

And like Crank, it was great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 28th, 2008 08:03 PM

I want to see Doomsday. My friend gave it a simple explanation of being "Off the wall Bonkers!" . Nuff said. Has anyone seen it?

Fat_Hippo Apr 29th, 2008 10:56 AM

I actually watched both Crank and Shoot 'Em up recently, one yesterday and the other today, and yes, they DO both kick so much ass it's mind-boggling. They're both hilarious in their own, different way, and have simply amazing action scenes to go with them. Which is a good thing, seeing how they take up quite a bit of the movie.
Spoilers!

Does anybody know any more movies like this?

RaNkeri Apr 29th, 2008 02:14 PM

I should totally see Crank :(

Might as well watch it on thursday. Afterall, thursday IS May the 1st :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 29th, 2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo (Post 552346)
Does anybody know any more movies like this?

Charlies Angels: Full throttle

It's outragest to the fullest extent of the word AND has Crispin Glover to boot.

Zomboid Apr 29th, 2008 08:30 PM

Battle Royale again. Still good.

Kitsa May 1st, 2008 09:06 PM

Battle Royale will kick ass in perpetuity.

And Battle Royale 2 will suck in perpetuity.

WhiteRat May 3rd, 2008 01:37 PM

Beetlejuice. One of my all time favorites.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2008 03:12 PM

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. The previews looked kind of decent, but any movie with Jason Segel in it I'll go see. It's really worth going to see it in theaters. You can bring a date to it and not get hassled about it later.

executioneer May 5th, 2008 12:03 PM

the mist

unfortunately the ending to this movie was SPOELED for me already so i was kind of mad @ it, but i gotta say
Spoilers!

night of the living dead (savini remake)

man this movie is pretty cool! that barbara chick is a real hot babe, and i really liked the twist ending in this movie better than the one in the mist ;) ;)

Kitsa May 5th, 2008 02:36 PM

executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...

WhiteRat May 5th, 2008 03:53 PM

Wedding Singer. Yeah, I know it's a romantic comedy in an 80's themed shell but it's still a good movie regardless.

executioneer May 5th, 2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 553521)
executioneer: that's the same problem I have with all of the American adaptations of Asian movies, until I finally stopped watching them altogether (The Grudge 2, what a crapfest).

All of the Asian movies were dark and had ambiguous endings and then in the American version they usually came in and effed with it and made these big dumbassed SPELL IT OUT FOR EVERYONE endings that completely ruined them.

The point to so many Asian extreme horror movies is that there aren't always happy endings, or even anything remotely well-defined, and that added to the general feeling of darkness and doom that made them so effective...

well i was actually kind of mad that
Spoilers!