I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What a wonderful time of the year. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705100)

The Nun Eater Oct 3rd, 2010 06:50 PM

What a wonderful time of the year.

Finally it is October again and the month I impatiently waited for the whole year has finally arrived. At only 3 days into the month pumpkins have started littering the porches of all the locals and everyone is free to embrace there inner demons and display them proudly on there front lawns. Yes this is even the time of year when overprotective parents will cover there children in fake blood and encourage them to take the streets and be the best demon/zombie/ghost/vampire/clown they can be. It all fills my heart with a profound sense of joy.

Only in October can I head to any regular store and find items that promote violence and murder with a very pleasant overtone of candy and treats. That's right, candy and murder all rolled in to one 31 day month of glee and decapitation, which in my opinion should be a everyday affair. On a side note it also means I get to enjoy the yearly candy review featured on this site, which serves as a buying guide for all my tasty sweets I will purchase this month (as well as providing me with a quite a few good chuckles).

So here's to you October (and Halloween especially) for providing me with a chance get out and flaunt my dark ways and be rewarded for it, there is truly no better feeling than to pop in a horror flick and to chow down on some Halloween themed goodies and know there are thousands of people out there that are enjoying the same thing I try to do every night.

The Doctor Oct 3rd, 2010 07:16 PM

Well said!

MLE Oct 3rd, 2010 07:25 PM

For a first post, that was pretty good (considering it was intelligible and all). If you're so pumped for Halloween, you should ask RoG if he needs help writing articles.

Mockery Oct 3rd, 2010 07:26 PM

Nun Eater - One of the things I really like about October is you see a lot of traditionally conservative stores let loose with the decorations. For example, I drove past a Goodwill donation center the other day, and they had all the windows completely covered in cobwebs and fake spiders. It looked like something straight out of Kingdom of the Spiders.

Yet another reason why this is the best time o' the year. :picklehat

MLE - Yep, we're looking for Halloween volunteers in our Weeklies section here: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69704969

Zhukov Oct 3rd, 2010 10:07 PM

Why I love this time of year: because I am running out of time to get my taxes done, and that makes me feel unnecessarily stressed. Perfect for Halloween in a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween! :eek

Evil Robot Oct 4th, 2010 12:49 AM

kangaroo day

Wiffles Oct 4th, 2010 12:05 PM

I like candy aspect of it. Candies in my veins ~_~

Shadowdancer21b Oct 4th, 2010 01:33 PM

I love Halloween. What I like most is being able to mix the fantastic with the mundane. My company even has a costume contest.

The Nun Eater Oct 5th, 2010 12:22 AM

All the cobwebs and pumpkins are better than Christmas lights. If only so many people would participate in Halloween decorations as they do Christmas than the world would be alot more of a joyful place. At least I can do my part though and line my porch with lit jack-o'-lanterns every night to spread the Halloween Cheer!

darkvare Oct 5th, 2010 12:24 AM

i love it cause is the only day i can get drunk while wearing clown make up with out it being akward

Tadao Oct 5th, 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 699905)
i love it cause is the only day i can get drunk while wearing clown make up with out it being akward

Move to New Jersey

darkvare Oct 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

nah i would risk appearing in mtv all drunk and probably naked not to mention maybe even appear in a jersey shore episode

Sam Oct 6th, 2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 699905)

JUST GO SEE THE ICP

Tadao Oct 6th, 2010 03:39 AM

YEAH, NEW JERSEY

sspadowsky Oct 7th, 2010 02:05 PM

Currently sittin' on my front porch:

Mockery Oct 7th, 2010 02:40 PM

Hahaha, awesome slay-o-lantern, Spadowsky!

sspadowsky Oct 7th, 2010 02:41 PM

:bow

Nick Oct 7th, 2010 07:25 PM

I absolutely adore Fall. The Autumn weather never fails to make me feel like a kid again. This time of year always brings back such fond memories.

ChrisGlass Oct 7th, 2010 08:41 PM

My birthday is in late October, so it's like Christmas and Halloween within a week of each other.

Plus the awesome weather and chance to decorate the shit out of stuff.

The only sucky part is seeing how many of my childhood favorites can be desecrated in costume form by adding the word "Sexy" to it and making it 1/3 the size.

Zhukov Oct 8th, 2010 05:47 AM

That's an awesome pumpkin. Such deft work.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 8th, 2010 01:04 PM

I'm with ya Chris! Have you seen the "sexy" Freddy Kreuger costume? It's blasphemy! Not to mention wrong on so many levels.

Mockery Oct 8th, 2010 03:31 PM

I think they're pretty funny actually. They had a bunch of models walking around in them at the 2008 Eyegore Awards:

The Doctor Oct 9th, 2010 04:57 PM

Fantastic!

Nick Oct 9th, 2010 07:56 PM

I'd buy that for a dollar!

The Leader Oct 10th, 2010 09:30 AM

:robocop