I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favorite booze (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701165)

Dixie Dec 1st, 2008 05:37 AM

Anything I don't have to pay for.

Crimson Ghost Dec 1st, 2008 07:25 AM

The stuff that gets me drunk.

McClain Dec 1st, 2008 09:02 AM

Red Wines - Merlot or Shiraz. I also enjoy India Pale Ale's and the occasional winter brew. If it's liquor I typically go with rum.

Dimnos Dec 1st, 2008 10:52 AM

I mostly stick to beer these days. Fat Tire all the way, unless im in the mood for something lighter then I go with the XX. For the liquir... I keep it simple with the white russian.

Shrubfest Dec 1st, 2008 11:30 AM

Depends what i'm doing.

Beer is either Boddingtons or John Smiths.
Spirits tends to be Southern Comfort or JD.

Or whatevers cheap.

Grislygus Dec 1st, 2008 12:30 PM

I love the shit out of Red Breast, oh dear sweet heavenly powers I love it

Guitar Woman Dec 1st, 2008 01:04 PM

:gay

Also, this is the only good thing that has ever come out of coconuts. FUCK coconuts.

RaNkeri Dec 1st, 2008 02:11 PM

Does beer count as booze? :(

If it does, I should probably mention Kukko beer, my favorite brand. Comes in three brands :yum

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 1st, 2008 02:19 PM

Superjuice

http://newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw081123.html

The remote Manitoba First Nations tribes in Canada have largely moved away from alcohol abuse, according to an October Winnipeg Sun report, to the abuse of much more potent "superjuice," made with a fast-acting yeast that encourages quick brewing. According to a local probation officer, though, underbrewing results in the swill's continuing to ferment in the stomach after consumption, causing violent pain and progressive inebriation lasting for days. [Winnipeg Sun, 10-27-08]

Going to take a road trip to Winnipeg to try this soon.

MarioRPG Dec 1st, 2008 03:41 PM

Guitar Woman how gay are you? Pina Colada's and red wine? I can smell your heightened fashion sense from here. :lol

But seriously, I hate Pina Colada's because I hates the coconuts. :(

Sam Dec 1st, 2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 598788)
Does beer count as booze? :(

If it does, I should probably mention Kukko beer, my favorite brand. Comes in three brands :yum

I would count beer as booze.

kahljorn Dec 1st, 2008 05:13 PM

pina colada's are too sweet

thai curry kicks ass though so fuck all you coconut naysayers

Kitsa Dec 1st, 2008 05:14 PM

I still say, one part warmed scotch with one part buttershots is yum yum yummy.

I just might, tonight. My day's been going that way. $1500 car repair, shitty lunch that made my stomach hurt, my dog's been exposed to kennel cough and I can't seem to get anything done.

The solution, of course, would be to get drunk and pass out on the couch to an old Blue Jackets game on the DVR.

DevilWearsPrada Dec 1st, 2008 07:47 PM

Coors 30 packs, or OE/Coors 40s. anything cheap and easily attainable.

I used to have a hard-on for jaeger, but meh. I stick to anything made by hawkeye nowadays

MetalMilitia Dec 1st, 2008 08:35 PM

For a night in I tend to buy one 4 pack of Kronenburg and one 10 pack of Fosters (the one with the widget). Once I've finished off the Kronenburg pretty much all beer tastes the same so I can move to the cheap Fosters.

If I go out I tend to drink whatever ale they have on tap. Generally Six X or similar.

JJ_Maniac Dec 1st, 2008 08:37 PM

I've been partial to absinthe, which is now semi-legal in Quebec. Whee-hee. Gives yeh a hell of a hangover, though.

There's A Bat Dec 1st, 2008 08:56 PM

Captain Morgan is good.. I also like Skyy. prolly the best Vodka for the price.
I've never liked any kind of beer.

Big Papa Goat Dec 1st, 2008 09:04 PM

rye rye rye rye rye and ginger. pressed. lotsa ice and a wedge o lime. You really have to press it pretty good, basically equal parts water and ginger ale. Drinking any kind of mixed drink that's just booze and pop just tastes way too sweet to me now. I don't get how people do it.
A Texas Mickey of Canadian Club is Christmas Classic for sure, but if I want to drink something good it'll usually be Alberta Springs 10 yr. Or Alberta Premium, which is cheap, but absolutely rye-licious. For scotch, I've tried quite a few but I still basically like the basic Glenfiddich the best. I can't really get behind those Islay malts, I like a bit of peatiness, but I dunno about a lot of smokiness. A bit of bourbon can be awesome too sometimes, makers mark is good a really good one. I dunno about irish whiskey though, I just don't get it, it's like, not as flavourful as scotch (so it seems to me) but it doesn't seem right to mix it either. What is the reccomended way of drinking irish whiskey anyway?
Red wine is good, definitely merlot and shiraz in general for me, but I don't know much about it really. The best wine I've had was probably this Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon blend though. It tasted mostly pretty shiraz-y. Also, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum=high school drink 4 sure. For rum I'm about the Havannah Club, usually drunk as a basic mojito, made with mojito mix instead of all the complicated fixins. Beats coke anyway.
For beer I tend to drink from a local brewery called Big Rock that makes a great English Brown Ale called Traditional, and a good wheat ale called Grasshopper. Or Pilsner or Old Miluawkee if I'm being cheap.

Big Papa Goat Dec 1st, 2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598792)
Superjuice

The remote Manitoba First Nations tribes in Canada have largely moved away from alcohol abuse, according to an October Winnipeg Sun report, to the abuse of much more potent "superjuice," made with a fast-acting yeast that encourages quick brewing. According to a local probation officer, though, underbrewing results in the swill's continuing to ferment in the stomach after consumption, causing violent pain and progressive inebriation lasting for days. [Winnipeg Sun, 10-27-08]

lol :(

There's A Bat Dec 1st, 2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 598792)
Superjuice

I also heard they drink mouthwash. :sleep

J. Tithonus Pednaud Dec 1st, 2008 11:38 PM

Peach Schnapps, MF'ers. Tasty, refreshing and it looks like a vodka tonic on the rocks.

Dixie Dec 1st, 2008 11:42 PM

I wish Seth would post.
:(
I miss my Seth.

Big McLargehuge Dec 2nd, 2008 02:03 AM

good beer, J&B, Ketel One, Coralejo, and any decent mescal.

Big McLargehuge Dec 2nd, 2008 02:04 AM

and
Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud (Post 598980)
Peach Schnapps, MF'ers. Tasty, refreshing and it looks like a vodka tonic on the rocks.

no it dosen't

Big Papa Goat Dec 2nd, 2008 03:41 AM

what kind of thing is it to say that peppermint schnapps looks like vodka tonic on the rocks? club soda looks like vodka tonic on the rocks, vodka soda looks like vodka tonic on the rocks, ice water looks like vodka tonic on the rocks. And what is this 'on the rocks' business, vodka tonic is a mixed drink, it's basically served with ice; it'd be like saying 'I'll have a rum and coke on the rocks'. Ridiculous!

Also, the only good schnapps is schnapps flavoured schnapps :aalborg