I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Isaac Hayes is off South Park (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20510)

EverythingWillSuck Mar 14th, 2006 07:26 PM

Isaac Hayes is off South Park

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/va/20060313/114230606100.html

So uhh... I'm guessing that Chef's off too now?

executioneer Mar 14th, 2006 07:28 PM

probably. i thought the episode he's quitting over was funny as shit so i guess this proves scientologists really don't have a sense of humor after all >:

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 14th, 2006 08:28 PM

Considering the fact that he has appeared less in the last few seasons, and that spoofing scientology has not help his situation I'm not completely shocked that Issac is leaving. Still, I think that is too bad. Well, at least Butters has made up for Chef's growing absense

James Mar 14th, 2006 08:45 PM

The things that are most interesting.

They held off on targetting Scientology out of respect for Isaac. Then they brought it up to him, and he was OK. There's even recordings from a radio show where he was OK with it.

How long ago did the original air, too?

Well, Isaac lost two good friends, but at least he is still under the iron fist of his Scientologist brothers.

Girl Drink Drunk Mar 14th, 2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
The things that are most interesting.

They held off on targetting Scientology out of respect for Isaac. Then they brought it up to him, and he was OK. There's even recordings from a radio show where he was OK with it.

How long ago did the original air, too?

Well, Isaac lost two good friends, but at least he is still under the iron fist of his Scientologist brothers.

He said to them that he knew it was a joke and all to Parker and Stone, but also that people would take that too seriously or misinterpret the episode.

Seven Force Mar 15th, 2006 12:07 AM

That epidsode aired originally in November if I remember correctly. It's interesting to see how long it took for him to quit (unless his contract held him for a specific time).

the_dudefather Mar 15th, 2006 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James

thats what i guessed happened, peer pressure to quit almost, either that or contract issues

thebiggameover Mar 15th, 2006 02:12 PM

thats totaly what happend. he still had 2 years left on his contract...

timrpgland Mar 15th, 2006 07:00 PM

all I can say is "ugh.."

GADZOOKS Mar 15th, 2006 08:13 PM

GOOODDDDBYEEE CHILDREN

executioneer Mar 15th, 2006 10:08 PM

lol :(

MetalMilitia Mar 15th, 2006 10:46 PM

He wasn't really funny anyway. He is like a legacy character from the first few series' who never does anything interesting.

executioneer Mar 16th, 2006 10:05 PM

if you say so

Zebra 3 Mar 16th, 2006 11:41 PM

Can't wait for the mothership to pick up Isaac Hayes, Tom Cruise, John Travolta and the other spacemen.

ABSeNCe Mar 17th, 2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
He wasn't really funny anyway. He is like a legacy character from the first few series' who never does anything interesting.

You might not think he's funny, but you can't deny that every song he sings is fucking great.

timrpgland Apr 6th, 2006 01:18 PM

I gotta say, I really liked last night's episode. Making fun of Family Guy? Priceless.

Esuohlim Apr 6th, 2006 01:54 PM

They didn't make fun of Family Guy enough, I think. Maybe if next week actually is part two and it wasn't just a joke maybe they'll do it more justice.

God I hate Family Guy now >:

CaptainBubba Apr 6th, 2006 07:50 PM

Family guy can be funny when the random refrences are absurd and not just pop culture refrences. I like south park better but I figure most people who watch south park do.

ScruU2wice Apr 6th, 2006 08:11 PM

I'm not the biggest south park fan, because all the episodes I've seen are pushing the show towards the direction of a character driven political cartoon. but I liked last nights episode cuz it kept taking shots at family guy that shoulda been done long ago and auspiciously hinted at people comparing family guy with south park.

Zomboid Apr 6th, 2006 11:00 PM

South park's a really funny show, usually, but sometimes the underlying preachiness gets to be a bit too much. It'd probably seem lame for a retaliation at this point, but if family guy WERE to make fun of south park that'd be an easy thing to take a shot at.

ScruU2wice Apr 6th, 2006 11:49 PM

I don't know Family guys plots are so incoherent that they could probably slip in a joke about south park this weekend.

along with a touching life lesson...

Staxeon Apr 7th, 2006 12:24 AM

Probably not. Matt and Trey have said they can whip out an episode in a week if they push it, hence how alot of their stuff is so timely. A Family Guy ep can be in production for 18 months before it hits air. They send revisions back and forth to Korea all the time.

pjalne Apr 7th, 2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
They didn't make fun of Family Guy enough, I think. Maybe if next week actually is part two and it wasn't just a joke maybe they'll do it more justice.

I'm sure there will be a part two, nothing was resolved by the end. I wonder if they're gonna call attention to the fact that South Park already has portrayed Muhammed on the show?

Dr. Boogie Apr 7th, 2006 12:59 PM

Yeah, I completely forgot about that. Wasn't he flying and shooting fire out of his hands?

Also, Seaman.

timrpgland Apr 7th, 2006 01:42 PM

The Super Best Friends!