I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Ghoul Log! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708775)

MockBot Sep 5th, 2012 05:00 AM

The Ghoul Log!

Automatically generated comment thread for The Ghoul Log!.

daff3w Sep 5th, 2012 01:32 PM

i remember seeing this dvd in the 5 dollar bin at wall mart last year i was thinking of picking it up when i saw it now i am glad i didn't

Tacobot Sep 5th, 2012 01:51 PM

the best thing about does appear to be the cover art. and i bet they stole that.

Captain Seamus Sep 5th, 2012 02:18 PM

Ahahaha, Drew's Famous...they make so much Halloween stuff it's not even funny. I have a few CDs of theirs from waaay back, and listening to them is always...I can't even think of a word. Like diving into a bargain bin the size of a swimming pool. Every song is a (mediocre) cover of a famous Halloween song (or something that can be tangentially related to Halloween, like Stayin' Alive) and one or two original songs. There's a hip hop track called Something Wicked (This Ways Comes) that's actually surprisingly decent.

BurnPianoBurn Sep 5th, 2012 05:37 PM

that poor Goulish Man, I hope to god his method acting got him a gig in a James Franco film.

A-bomb Sep 5th, 2012 06:10 PM

Between this and the Newport Beach Ghost Ship from last year, you're really starting to find the best AND worst of Halloween. Thanks for warning us about the crap out there!

Zounds Sep 5th, 2012 08:34 PM

Say rog, why not make your own version of this? Heck that or perhaps a community contest of some sort? Considering the erm "attempt" this fellow made & profited from I'd wager us i-mockers could whip up something a heck of a lot more creative & entertaining! First prize gets their work sold in the store? What say you good sir yay or nay?

HowardC Sep 5th, 2012 11:28 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm not sure that the whole fireplace motiff exactly fits for halloween though. That sort of thing is popular for xmas because a fireplace is traditional to the holiday. Chesnuts roasting and all that...

There are videos for your tube for halloween that are better, in concept at least. The quality and execution is still pretty terrible, but there are dvds out there that turn your tv into a giant eyeball or a fortune teller head, ect.... Something like that might be more appropriate. Or perhaps a "Ring" video? Or a Saw video? Or go crazy with haunted static and the like as they did in poltergiest?

There is a ton of potential there.

dextire Sep 6th, 2012 12:03 AM

:lol That's horrible! Such a promising concept though. I want a actual Ghoul Log so bad now.

MarioRPG Sep 6th, 2012 02:12 PM

Perhaps the idea is that you will end up having nightmares about the same three Jack-O-Lanterns? Or maybe just start seeing them in everyday life?

Mockery Sep 6th, 2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zounds (Post 761479)
Say rog, why not make your own version of this? Heck that or perhaps a community contest of some sort? Considering the erm "attempt" this fellow made & profited from I'd wager us i-mockers could whip up something a heck of a lot more creative & entertaining! First prize gets their work sold in the store? What say you good sir yay or nay?

Zounds - I'm all for it! If anybody wants to make an improved "Ghoul Log" video of their own, I'll be more than happy to post it here. It's not like it'd be hard to improve on that DVD. I'll also send them a free Halloween pixel poster (or a different one if you already happen to have it). :halloween

JohnnyQuest Sep 6th, 2012 11:16 PM

Yeah, there are "DREW'S Famous" CD's and DVD's for all occasions. All crappy occasions.

Wyldflame Sep 7th, 2012 02:05 PM

I don't know who this Drew person is...and he better hope it stays that way...

Shadowdancer21b Sep 7th, 2012 05:52 PM

Drew's Famous Ghoul Log is terrible, but Drew's Famous Halloween Party Music gets my seal of approval...as long as you don't pay more than 5 bux.The one I bought also came with a DVD of Spooky screensaver type stuff with a nice variety of things I like it a lot.

ChaiTea Sep 8th, 2012 03:08 AM

Ghoul Log may suck but celebrating Halloween a month early is the cat's meow.

monster_movie_night Sep 8th, 2012 09:14 PM

I can just imagine those Pumpkins singing those kooky Halloween songs at me.

sewnupsmile Sep 11th, 2012 12:44 PM

Yea, Drew's Famous Halloween Cd's, is a cheap ass staple for me every year, along with Midnight Syndicate, a classic horror themes compilation & I have the soundtrack to Castlevania Symphony of the Night among other things...I have yet to try any of Drew's DVD collection...& now I see why.

Danny 4 Eyes Sep 12th, 2012 05:40 PM

The horror, the horrorrrrrrrr