I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Batman villains (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700149)

pac-man Jul 12th, 2008 03:23 AM

Batman villains

As I'm sure you know, there's a new Batman movie coming out. The director of the last two Batman films, Christopher Nolan, has put an emphasis on making the characters believable and work in a real-world setting. That being the case, I was wondering what villains (outside Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, The Joker, and Two-Face) would work in this continuum he's created. You don't necessarily have to justify their presence through the storyline of the films, especially since The Dark Knight still has yet to be released.

I would go with the Penguin. He's popular/iconic enough to justify top billing, and he could definitely serve as resource for the "freaks" that are taking over Gotham's criminal underworld due to Batman's existence. As more of a crime boss and less of a sideshow attraction (like in Batman Returns) he could certainly play an important role in future installments of the new Batman series as an underlying threat while Ra's, The Joker, or Two-Face act as the main antagonist.

Who would you guys go with?

liquidstatik Jul 12th, 2008 01:27 PM

Out of all the older movies, I did like the penguin the best :x

ItalianStereotype Jul 12th, 2008 01:31 PM

although he wouldn't REALLY work out too well in a realistic setting, I'd love to see nolan's take on mr. freeze.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2008 02:10 PM

Phantasm

Kybo Ren Jul 12th, 2008 05:32 PM

THE KILLER MOTH- Always a favorite villain
He's like evil bats, with henchmen. awesome helmet-needs new gear otherwise

The RIDDLER- Already mastered by two actors, but so was Joker (guess dark knight will tell about J#3)Gorshin was perfection, Jim Fuckin Carrey-- best kind of tie
Heard some rumors about Benjamin Linus from Lost being him, but they could do better.....

The PENGUIN- like Riddler & Joker already mastered twice, but can't say no to those umbrellas (Trusty Bumbleshooter!). Preferred Merideth's witty vocabulary, But Devito was quite impressive

*couldn't find Umbrella layout from batman encyclopedia, but Norm Breyfogle was the man on PenHEY THAT'S MIKE GRELL!!!

POISON IVY- Scantily clad hot woman that will probally give you more unique std's than 007. who dosn't like boobs? homos

MR X- that mafia midget on stilts? I think catwoman was there, and safe sex advice 60's duo.
good luck finding a picture- I'm lazy.
Should be played by Paul Giamatti.

Blue Fox Jul 12th, 2008 06:13 PM

if you have the joker you would have harley quinn too...

J. Tithonus Pednaud Jul 12th, 2008 07:06 PM

Naw. She's only been around a few years and couldn't carry a movie. Come to think of it, Batman does has a pretty thin rogue's gallery of real world types. That is, non 'super' types.

I think Riddler could be interesting as would the Penguin. After that though, I'm a little stumped. Deadshot, maybe? Or maybe the original Clayface reworked? He was originally a serial killer. If they add disfigurement, disguise, hacking, and general identity theft he could be an interesting supporting villan.

Maybe reintroduce a revised Catwoman?

Pub Lover Jul 12th, 2008 07:37 PM

I think the Mad Hatter could work as a one shot movie involving mind control hats. There is no shortage of freaky little men they could put into a top hat.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2008 07:45 PM

King Tut. Batman would need more than buttermilk to thwart him now though.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Jul 12th, 2008 08:18 PM

I think King Tut was exclusive to the television series...as a poor man's Al Ghul. I don't think he was ever in the comics.

executioneer Jul 12th, 2008 09:16 PM

egghead

Nick Jul 12th, 2008 09:24 PM

Firefly, please. I want to see some fire.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2008 09:44 PM

I remember him being a poor man's lots of things. I feel like they could have a lot of leeway with his character.

Positives: no super-powers so it's believable. Inspired a hit song by Steve Martin. Can easily be teamed up with another mediocre villian.

Cons: ???

darkvare Jul 12th, 2008 10:07 PM

black mask and the penguin

Nick Jul 13th, 2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 567844)
black mask and the penguin

I would say something about Black Mask being too new, but they did include Mr. Zsasz in Batman Begins.

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 13th, 2008 12:10 AM

False Face :lol

Phoenix Gamma Jul 13th, 2008 01:22 AM

I liked Mr. Freeze in the Animated Series.

Why did Schwarzenegger need to play him in Batman and Robin? :(

Sacks Jul 15th, 2008 04:09 PM

I really liked The Clock King.

Fathom Zero Jul 15th, 2008 04:19 PM

The one episode of the animated series he was in was great.

executioneer Jul 15th, 2008 04:35 PM

he was in two episodes

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 05:54 PM

And then Justice League Unlimited. That episode was great too.

pac-man Jul 15th, 2008 08:54 PM

The Ventriloquist and Scarface could be done. He (or is it they?) has the mob and mental schism thing going for him. It'd be a stretch, but I was always a fan of his animated series appearances.

Lobo Tommy Jul 15th, 2008 09:56 PM

Bane or the Ventriloquist (who should be played by Anthony Hopkins).

Kybo Ren Jul 16th, 2008 04:20 PM

Batman #62

Mister X- would be the sideline villain, like Max Shreck in returns
I second that Clayface (Basil Karlo)- Have Bats punch his lights out, permanately.

Professor Hugo Strange
he could neatly fill a Ra's sized vacuum in Gotham, and have a think tank with Dr Death & such.
another to die at bat's fist, or that big fuckin canyon

Dimnos Jul 17th, 2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 567844)
black mask

Thats the one