I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Protocomics #13: "The Drunk Days Of Lion-O"! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699206)

MockBot Mar 10th, 2008 04:43 AM

Protocomics #13: "The Drunk Days Of Lion-O"!

Automatically generated comment thread for Protocomics #13: "The Drunk Days Of Lion-O"!.

Colonel Flagg Mar 10th, 2008 05:05 AM

The last panel is great. Who knew there were so many comics that lend themselves so well to parody?

Does Lion-O have three arms in one panel? WTF?

Hugh Jerection Mar 10th, 2008 06:30 AM

The 3rd arm is his claw-thingy (it'll come to me in a minute).
The last panel is good, nearly spayed coffee all over the keyboard!

RPGmaker Mar 10th, 2008 07:56 AM

Its the Claw shield. It is like the scabbard for the Sword of Omens, It also has a reflective property that Lion-O has used against Mum-Ra since for some Odd reason he hates his reflection.

Ashmodai Mar 10th, 2008 08:46 AM

Hahah, I love these. I agree with Hugh, the last panel was hilarious.

Jonny#5 Mar 10th, 2008 09:35 AM

I never knew Snarf was so aerodynamic. Good work Protoclown, now I'll never look at the Thundecats without laughing my ass off ever again. :)

Colonel Flagg Mar 10th, 2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGmaker (Post 537264)
Its the Claw shield. It is like the scabbard for the Sword of Omens, It also has a reflective property that Lion-O has used against Mum-Ra since for some Odd reason he hates his reflection.

Never having the privilege of reading about Lion-O in the "Thundercats" mythos, I would have been hard-pressed to come up with this explanation myself. Thank you, RPG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection (Post 537261)
The last panel is good, nearly sp[r]ayed coffee all over the keyboard!

My sentiments exactly, Hugh.

I couldn't begin to count the number of times I wished I had done exactly this, drunk or no. The kicking, not the spraying.

Mockery Mar 10th, 2008 12:38 PM

I always wanted to see Snarf and Orko get in a fight to the death. No matter who loses, everybody else wins.

fiercealmond Mar 10th, 2008 12:52 PM

Why would there ever be an actual Thundercats comic where Lion-O kicks snarf like that?

Oh wait, actually, why don't more comics end like that?

Fufuless Mar 10th, 2008 02:56 PM

Snarf gets no R E S P E C T.

Kirbykid Mar 10th, 2008 07:18 PM

That last panel is great! Every issue of Thundercats should end like this!
Wait, the upcoming movie should end like this!

Dungeonbrownies Mar 10th, 2008 07:59 PM

mm, that one was great. i actually remember the robot ic bearts anda lways thought to myself, damn those dumb robo bears, they could've built huge death rays or battle suits and didnt even really need the thundercats. also, chances are the ancestors of the robobears are what wiped out the original inhabitants of the planet before they got all pussylike.

Protoclown Mar 10th, 2008 10:30 PM

Thanks guys. When I actually found a Thundercats comic that showed Lion-o kicking Snarf, I knew what I must do.

paulunga Mar 10th, 2008 11:21 PM

Wow, the Thundercats comic lends itself exceptionally well to the Protocomics treatment. Lion-O looks so pissed off the whole time plus two instances of actual Snarf abuse and the third-to-last panel looks like he's about to get bitchslapped by Lion-O.

Nick Mar 10th, 2008 11:59 PM

Best Thundercats comic ever.

Mc Mandi Mar 11th, 2008 10:01 AM

would it be terribly obtuse of me to ask why Lion-O was abusing Snarf in the first place?

You have my curiosity piqued:)

Colonel Flagg Mar 11th, 2008 10:32 AM

Does he really need a reason? :)

Copper Mar 11th, 2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGmaker (Post 537264)

If I looked like Mum-Ra, I'd hate my reflection too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mc Mandi (Post 537444)
would it be terribly obtuse of me to ask why Lion-O was abusing Snarf in the first place?

You have my curiosity piqued:)

I'd like to know, too. Not sure if the local shop has those ones available for me to check on my own. I shall have to investigate.

Doctor_Who Mar 11th, 2008 02:13 PM

Hilarious!

And Lion-O kicking Snarf is going to be the wallpaper for my mp3 player. I've been wanting to see that since I was four years old.

Mc Mandi Mar 11th, 2008 09:29 PM

Colonel Flagg
Quote:

"Does he really need a reason?"
Good point, sir. Consider my question retracted:)

Mc Mandi Mar 11th, 2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

I'd like to know, too. Not sure if the local shop has those ones available for me to check on my own. I shall have to investigate.
let me know when you know!

I love having other people do my leg work for me:)

Protoclown Mar 12th, 2008 12:27 AM

Oh, I could tell you, but what fun would that be?

Copper Mar 12th, 2008 04:09 AM

Yeah, well, if they don't have the books, I'm going to come back here and pester for the answer, because Enquiring minds want to know.

And I think more remarks on "knowing" and "battles" need not be said...

Mc Mandi Mar 12th, 2008 09:50 AM

Protoclown
Quote:

Oh, I could tell you, but what fun would that be?
You..maniacal...bastard..

I guess I'm just going to have to find out on my own. Which USUALLY means that I'm going to start off pumped about it..then slowly lose my will to do so until I end up on the couch eating cheetos and watching Intervention trying to think about what it is that I'm supposed to do. So..I guess..in the end it works out for all of us!

(kidding about calling you a bastard...please don't bannify me! I'll be good, I swear!)

;)

Copper Mar 18th, 2008 03:54 PM

So, I finally got to the comic shop today and found the graphic novel that series had been collected into. Yes, there is a logical reason for Lion-O kicking Snarf and yes, it does lend itself to comic/cartoon convention. I'm debating whether or not to say anything, really, as I'm very anti-spoiler *laughs* Suffice to say, there's a lot of panels in the book that show Lion-O beating on people...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeonbrownies (Post 537364)
mm, that one was great. i actually remember the robot ic bearts anda lways thought to myself, damn those dumb robo bears, they could've built huge death rays or battle suits and didnt even really need the thundercats. also, chances are the ancestors of the robobears are what wiped out the original inhabitants of the planet before they got all pussylike.

*cough*happensinthebook*cough*

Count Mek Mar 19th, 2008 10:59 PM

XDDD
Awsome one man, just awesome.

nutriabat Apr 2nd, 2009 10:07 PM

I did not think thundercats could be improved. I stand sooo corrected.