I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NCAA Mens basketball '11-'12 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708085)

Pentegarn Nov 30th, 2011 09:28 AM

NCAA Mens basketball '11-'12

Where the hell was this thread by the by?

OK so after watching the beatdown OSU gave Duke I have a couple of comments.

1) The breakdown of men's collegiate basketball seems to be OSU and then everyone else. What a quick turnaround form a total wasteland OSU has given us. First Urban Meyer and the promising football future and then this beating of the always tough Duke program. I will grant it is possible Duke is overrated though, which brings me to this....

2) OSU fans chanting "overrated" in the last 60 seconds of the game. Stay classy Buckeye fan, you shame me that I have to be lumped in with you.

MailCall Nov 30th, 2011 08:55 PM

Duke is a fine team. And Coach K's butt is sore.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...of-sore-losers

MailCall Dec 3rd, 2011 10:27 PM

TPAM coach Ryan Marks was reportedly disappointed that Sullinger didn't play, stating that his players would've been thrilled to say they played on the same court as the Buckeye star in years to come.

Pentegarn Dec 3rd, 2011 11:29 PM

Yes, screw his back spasms, just as long as 11 or so kids from Whogivesashit U can say that played Sullinger

MailCall Dec 10th, 2011 08:12 PM

Well, Sully didn't play again against the 'Hawks, but that wasn't why the Bucks got drilled by 11. 41% from the floor, shitty from the arc, and turnovers killed us. But Big Buford had a good game. He played the entire second half out of breath.

Babs Dec 12th, 2011 06:19 PM

I agree Mailcall, it wasn't so much the lack of Sullinger but the lack of performance from the bucks on both sides of the ball, minus Bufford who had a vary solid game.

By the way, I never knew you were a Buckeye fan.

Esuohlim Dec 12th, 2011 06:43 PM

For the last couple years it seems I have to force interest in basketball (unless it's March Madness and then it comes naturally again), but nowadays it probably has to do in part with my team's complete lack of integrity last year.

I did watch the Carrier Classic and it was 40 minutes of a freshman team making freshman mistakes. We're doing pretty ok so far this season, so WE WILL SEE.

And there's my 1.5 cents

Pentegarn Dec 12th, 2011 09:12 PM

I think for what they have and what they had to play MSU did well in that game.

That team can and likely will be dangerous in a year or 2

Babs Dec 12th, 2011 10:15 PM

Izzo always delivers magic in march. Magic being milhouses jollies.

Esuohlim Dec 12th, 2011 11:14 PM

IZZO IS OFTEN QUITE IN-TUNE WITH MY NEED OF JOLLIES

MailCall Dec 16th, 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 752165)
I agree Mailcall, it wasn't so much the lack of Sullinger but the lack of performance from the bucks on both sides of the ball, minus Bufford who had a vary solid game.

By the way, I never knew you were a Buckeye fan.

In all college sports. I even saw the baseball team and the woman's field hockey teams play. Plus I attended several woman's synchronized swimming meets when I was in college--but only because I was dating a synchronized swimmer.:lol

Kitsa Dec 17th, 2011 11:52 PM

I went to the Dayton-FIU game tonight.

Isiah Thomas looked ittybitty from the nosebleeds.

Pentegarn Dec 19th, 2011 09:50 AM

I think you must have meant Isiah Thompson

EDIT: skip to about 2 minutes in to see what the hell I am talking about

Kitsa Dec 19th, 2011 06:49 PM

I did mean that. I am having some toddler distraction issues, as in my typing is often scatterbrained because I turn just in time to catch her trying to do a high-dive off the dryer or something.

Pentegarn Dec 20th, 2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 752501)
I did mean that. I am having some toddler distraction issues, as in my typing is often scatterbrained because I turn just in time to catch her trying to do a high-dive off the dryer or something.

Did you watch the video?

You had the name right in the first place. The joke was that the AD got Thomas' name wrong when he introduced him for the first time. So now I call him Isiah Thompson

Kitsa Dec 20th, 2011 07:38 AM

Oh well :lol

Easy to do. But kudos on making me doubt myself :lol

I'll very likely call him a combination of the two for the rest of my life.

Colonel Flagg Dec 22nd, 2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 752530)
You had the name right in the first place. The joke was that the AD got Thomas' name wrong when he introduced him for the first time. So now I call him Isiah Thompson

I thought Pentegarn was developing early onset Alzheimer's. And I can't even access the video from behing my WALL. :(

Pentegarn Dec 23rd, 2011 09:17 AM

Just search youtube for "Isiah Thopmson"

MailCall Dec 24th, 2011 09:45 PM

Congrats to the mighty Wagner Seahawks, who kicked the butts of the #15 Pittsters yesterday. Leading scorer was sophomore guard Latif Rivers who had 18--despite the fact that he is just a 1V sophomore. "Latif was just a dynamo out there," said coach Danny Hurley, adding, "doing all that scoring while just being a sophomore."

Babs Dec 24th, 2011 11:17 PM

Second "upset" this year for Pitt isn't it?

MailCall Dec 25th, 2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 752811)
Second "upset" this year for Pitt isn't it?

Beaten by Long Beach State of the Big West in November.

Babs Dec 28th, 2011 10:24 PM

Didn't Pitt lose a good amount of its starters from last year? Still isn't an excuse for abysmal shooting and poor second half performances.

MailCall Jan 16th, 2012 05:20 PM

Ohio State avenges its earlier embarrassment in Bloomington by bombing the Hoosiers. Meanwhile, Northwestern stops scaring other Big10 teams and finally delivers by pasting Michigan State. My early Big10 COY Award goes to Bill Carmody.

Colonel Flagg Jan 21st, 2012 08:45 PM

I'm very glad that Syracuse took it on the chin today. Too bad the winner was Notre Dame. :(

MailCall Jan 30th, 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 754135)
I'm very glad that Syracuse took it on the chin today. Too bad the winner was Notre Dame. :(

The Irish are 4-4 against ranked teams. They play them well. They are potential bracket busters, depending on the seedings/pairings. UNLV and Florida State could be similarly troubling.