I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New CONTRA game coming to the Nintendo DS! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26299)

Mockery Jun 29th, 2007 08:37 PM

New CONTRA game coming to the Nintendo DS!

Goddamn, this game looks GREAT... a truly worthy Contra sequel if I've ever seen one. Love how they've incorporated elements of the original (ie: sound effects, spread gun, exploding bridges, etc.)

Check out the video footage in my latest blog post
http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/?p=129

Fathom Zero Jun 29th, 2007 09:46 PM

Killer sweet.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 29th, 2007 11:35 PM

This whole handheld console getting the classic games thing is really pissing me off. Don't get me started on that Rondo of Blood conversion in the works.>:

MarioRPG Jun 30th, 2007 10:17 AM

I read this is Nintendo Power, and it had the title: "A whole new reason to fight over who gets the spread gun". THat was the most truthful thing I've read in recent years.
I can still recall when it'd pop up, both players would jump for it, and one of us always landed on a bullet or water or something dumb.

noob3 Jun 30th, 2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperwulf (Post 495135)
This whole handheld console getting the classic games thing is really pissing me off. Don't get me started on that Rondo of Blood conversion in the works.>:

go buy a DS and then maybe youll shut up!!

the_dudefather Jun 30th, 2007 01:13 PM

when is probotector 4 coming out

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 1st, 2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 495199)
go buy a DS and then maybe youll shut up!!

My brother owns one, but I dont care for inferior handheld consoles when I could play it on the PS2. The important part here is that I don't like handheld's hogging all the good games. If he does get it, I shall play it begrudgingly.

GADZOOKS Jul 3rd, 2007 12:18 AM

Thank you contra for not looking increasingly more like lame anime ala Castlevania.

noob3 Jul 3rd, 2007 05:34 AM

yeah the DS is so inferior that's why it doesn't sell alot or anything everyone thinks it sucks

i mean if it sold alot of copies and was superior maybe good games would get released on it U KNOW WHA'M SAYIN

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 3rd, 2007 12:50 PM

Actually, I was refering more to how classic a series gets released on the DS, and in traditional 2D, when they could have better sound quality and have overall better attributes on a home console. Also I HATE THAT FUCKING MINI-SCREEN AND NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. IS OVERRATED.

Supafly345 Jul 3rd, 2007 05:28 PM

Wow, your views are controversial and very anti-establishment. So non-conformist and revolutionary, there must be a great mind behind the username.

(lol)

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 3rd, 2007 08:29 PM

I wasnt trying to be "nonconformist" or s "rebel": Im just obviously not that fond of handhelds. Anyways, out of respect for RoG, I'll halt my rant on this thread.

GADZOOKS Jul 3rd, 2007 10:28 PM

That was a rant?

Mockery Jul 4th, 2007 02:02 AM

Sniperwulf, out of respect for me? Uh, I didn't make the new Contra game (or the Nintendo DS for that matter), so anybody taking a verbal shit on it isn't going to bother me one bit or change the fact that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. So by all means, if you're not into it, flame away if it makes you happy. I just don't see why you'd waste your time talking about it since you seem to have no interest in the DS...

ArrowX Jul 4th, 2007 12:14 PM

I for one cant fucking wait. I love these games. They take me back to a simpler time when me and the kid next door would unhook his SNES so we could play contra for hours on end on his NES.

darkvare Jul 7th, 2007 12:16 PM

damn i loved contra i even got the one from the xbox live arcade. but i like more contra alien wars

MarioRPG Jul 8th, 2007 02:08 PM

The original Contra all the way for me. Nothing like blasting aliens with a bud, and relying on the code.

Chojin Jul 12th, 2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 495130)
Killer sweet.

NO, NO IT IS NOT FATHOM ZERO IT IS NOT ON PSP WHAT ARE YOU THINKING IT WILL HAVE GIMMICKY TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS CAN'T YOU SEE SOME PEOPLE LIKE SONY STILL KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH JUST A DIGITAL PAD LIKE GOD INTENDED AM I RIGHT HOT WHEELS LEADING THE WAY

Chojin Jul 12th, 2007 12:27 AM

I ESPECIALLY ENJOY THE NEW PSP LITE BECAUSE IT IS LIGHTER THAN THE ORIGINAL PSP AND THAT WAS A REAL PROBLEM LET ME TELL YOU I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW GLAD I AM WE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE THOSE FUN-RAPISTS AT NINTENDO WRESTLED ALL THE TRADITION OUT OF IT

Chojin Jul 12th, 2007 12:28 AM

Ironically, I really don't care too much about this game :<

Fathom Zero Jul 12th, 2007 01:24 AM

YEHA BRO! THE PSP IS THE BE-ALL-END-ALL OF HANDHELDS THE DS TOTALLY SUCKS THATS WHY I BOUGHT ONE AND POKEMON DIAMOND AND LUNAR KNIGHTS AND METROID PRIME AND WILL PROBABLY GET THIS GAME TOO BECAUSE I HATE IT SO MUCH.

YEAH I'M A PICKY BASTARD. YES I LIKE AND DISLIKE THINGS, AND AT THE SAME TIME NO LESS.

YES I'M IGNORANT. But I don't care. Because we are obviously not on the same page.

Mockery Jul 12th, 2007 02:35 AM

WHY ARE WE YELLING

:aok

executioneer Jul 12th, 2007 05:05 AM

COS YELLING IS FUN >:

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 12th, 2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 495524)
Sniperwulf, out of respect for me? Uh, I didn't make the new Contra game (or the Nintendo DS for that matter), so anybody taking a verbal shit on it isn't going to bother me one bit or change the fact that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. So by all means, if you're not into it, flame away if it makes you happy. I just don't see why you'd waste your time talking about it since you seem to have no interest in the DS...

In that case, it's more the handheld games (in general) getting most of the oldschool or 2D games under a classic series (ex Castlevania, Contra, Megaman). What really pissed me off was when announcements were made about Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, being released for the PSP, a system better known for homebrews and UMD movies (sales are declining, too) than for having decent games. Konami goes to great lengths to keep Rondo of Blood off the net (and from being downloaded properly) despite the cries of fans, and then they put it on the PSP, of all systems. I know that home console sidescrollers and 2D games are a rarity these days, but looking how Casltevania: Symphony of the Night did on probaby the most powerful home console for it's day (and even back then the sidescroller was on the decline).

Fathom Zero Jul 12th, 2007 12:47 PM

Hahahhahahahahahah... the benefits of owning both handhelds are priceless.

Of course, I still need to get the R4DS.

EDIT: Contra Screenies!

http://ds.qj.net/E3-26-Contra-4-Scre...g/49/aid/97295