I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2011 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707904)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2011 09:07 AM

Computer is still not running, whoever you ended up having Pharmasweaves once I get my list running I'll let them know there might be a small delay.

stonewar Dec 6th, 2011 09:22 AM

Shipping after work today. didn't have tape. used glue.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2011 11:03 AM

I went through all the pms of who got who because I don't know when I can look at the master list again.

Sent out the pm to pharmasweaves about who his secret santa is. If for some reason anyone gets two gifts just let me know. Also if no one gets anything let me know.

Please still try and get out gifts as soon as possible and put up pictures when you get them. I still have to get the rest of my gift and then ship it.

Pharmasweaves Dec 6th, 2011 02:16 PM

awwrighty got my giftee i shall send it out soon as i can thanks a bunch

Mockery Dec 6th, 2011 02:45 PM

Well, it looks like I'm the first one to receive his gift. I got a package in the mail today and it turns out that Grislygus is my Secret Santa. Here's what he sent me:

It's a small $15 reproduction poster of some old Frankenstein Created Woman movie that I'm not familiar with. Wish I could say the print quality was good, but it's apparently from some place that reprints & blows up images they probably found on the web. Plus, I don't really hang many posters up in my place these days, so not sure what to do with it. I'll do my best to find some place for it and I'll try to watch the movie sometime as well since the poster features a girl in a bikini with a meat cleaver.

Sorry guys, but there's no pictorial story for me to put together with this one this year. There's not much I can do with a poster other than show exciting pictures of me trying to find a place to put it, which I don't really feel like doing since I have a lot of work to wrap up still. It's okay though, I'm always more excited about sending out some awesome gifts in this event rather than receiving 'em. I get enough cool stuff throughout the year as it is. :P

Thanks anyway Grislygus, I appreciate the thought and your sending it out on time. :)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2011 03:39 PM

I thought it was a scarface poster at first.
Looks awesome though.

Thanos Dec 6th, 2011 05:45 PM

Out of curiosity, will we be trading gifts in pairs? Or will the person we send to not necessarily be the person we receive from?

Ex Leper Dec 6th, 2011 05:47 PM

I'm pretty sure that it's completely random.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2011 06:00 PM

I try and switch it around so its random but try and get people that are close to each other. The event is actually more daunting that I remember each year and takes about 4 hours to do. Then more time for fixing mistakes.

Hopefully this year it all works out.

dextire Dec 6th, 2011 07:11 PM

Mighty fine looking Hammer Horror poster you got there, Mr. Mockery. :xmas1
And it's even one of the french ones that always seem to look a lot better.

JohnnyQuest Dec 6th, 2011 07:57 PM

I just got a box from Archie McPhee!! Haven't opened it yet, but will document the unboxing with photos. WHEEE!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 6th, 2011 08:05 PM

I'm not sure what I'm more anxious about - getting my present, or my recipient getting theirs :D
I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else got though (& thinking "Damn, I wish I had that person as MY Secret Santa, that loot is awesome!" XD)

& a hearty Thanks to 10,000 Volt Ghost for organizing this :D

Harry Lime Dec 6th, 2011 09:26 PM

Sent my package out today! Should be delivered come Thurs or Fri :xmas3

Pharmasweaves Dec 6th, 2011 11:53 PM

package is going out tomorrow, hope its enjoyed by the recipient

Grislygus Dec 7th, 2011 03:41 AM

HOW bad was the image quality?!!!!! I'm pissed, I got my Metropolis, High Plains Drifter, and Superman poster reprints from them and they were gorgeous. If that one's grainy I got ripped off and I'm damn well complaining to them about it, especially since it obviously wasn't sent express

Sorry about that, I collect movie posters and that's a particular artist I like who did quite a bit of the French posters for sixties Hammer, most notably Devil's Bride. He did really cool brushwork and a poor reproduction of it is horseshit

replicant Dec 7th, 2011 09:49 AM

I have a Italian re-print of one of Christopher Lee's Dracula movies with Hammer. <3 That Peter Cushing poster. Nice selection. :)

I sent my stuff off to my secret santa yesterday. It will be coming UPS Ground. Yes, I know not priority but USPS is horrible where I live. Also, Ground with UPS was expensive enough. Plus they said the package should get there by Friday. :D

I don't know if I am more anxious about it getting there or if they like what they receive. :)

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pharmasweaves Dec 7th, 2011 12:32 PM

got my package today, excited to open it but the wife wants to help, so itll have to wait till tomorrow and then i can get the pictures up and enjoyyy

Pentegarn Dec 7th, 2011 12:50 PM

I think I got my package :lol

Not sure who sent it though (I do have an idea, got a RL name and an address and based off that I have an idea who sent it). In any case I will post pics and say where I think it came from when GF comes over because due to its nature I want to set it up and show it off and it takes more than one person to properly enjoy it.

replicant Dec 7th, 2011 01:04 PM

ooooooo.... curious :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 751659)

..... I want to set it up and show it off and it takes more than one person to properly enjoy it.

replicant Dec 7th, 2011 01:05 PM

I checked UPS Tracking. My SS will get their box tomorrow near the end of the day or a little sooner. :D

MrSmiley381 Dec 7th, 2011 02:08 PM

Just got done with the nice young man at the post office. Package should arrive to my recipient by early next week. Who is it? Why, it's someone who posted in this very thread!

Pentegarn Dec 7th, 2011 02:25 PM

So here's a few pics pre setting it up

My Secret Santa part 1: Check it out!

I believe this came from Protoclown based off it being from a male type person from the Virginia Commonwealth. That is just a guess though, no note came with the package other than the senders name and address. This prize happens to be a board game called Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure. I will assume Kevin Bacon is not involved in this game in any way based off the box art.

Look at all those delicious slices of bacon enjoying each others company over a spirited game of Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure. It looks kind of like a meatier (pun intended) version of Candy Land (and who doesn't fondly remember Candy Land?) But let's take a look at the game description n the back of the box shall we?

What have we here? Gristle Grotto? Sausage Sea? Wiener Wasteland? The Great Frying Pan? What planet contains all these tourist traps? The best planet ever is what!

So for now, I will await the arrival of my GF to see what this game is all about, stay tuned for My Secret Santa part 2: A romp through Meatland!

Pentegarn Dec 7th, 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant (Post 751660)
ooooooo.... curious :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn

..... I want to set it up and show it off and it takes more than one person to properly enjoy it.

Well of course it is going to sound dirty when you quote just the dirty parts :lol

stonewar Dec 7th, 2011 02:33 PM

This game is making me hungry.

Mockery Dec 7th, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 751663)
What have we here? Gristle Grotto? Sausage Sea? Wiener Wasteland? The Great Frying Pan? What planet contains all these tourist traps? The best planet ever is what!

Oddly enough, Wiener Wasteland has been my nickname for these forums for years now.

Awesome gift!