I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Super Mario Galaxy (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698164)

CaptainBubba Nov 7th, 2007 09:16 AM

Super Mario Galaxy

Comes out Monday/Tuesday(/Wednesday?) but they have demos of it for play at game stores. Its so fun omg :o

Emu Nov 7th, 2007 09:29 AM

It looks like the new Mario 64 :O

MarioRPG Nov 7th, 2007 03:10 PM

There are .iso s on the internets that I'm afraid to make my Wii play before the release date.

Guitar Woman Nov 7th, 2007 06:02 PM

I'm going to hold off because Sunshine's awfulness has me really skeptical and I haven't gotten a chance to play it at all yet.

You guys tell me if it sucks, ok

MarioRPG Nov 10th, 2007 08:24 PM

It's very much like Super Mario 64 (with the same princess kidnapping as Paper Mario!) and the worst part of the game is the fact the camera can get pretty gay depending on the gravity (I'm looking at you top-down view).
I'll post a video tomorra

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dMT11SciAw

DuFresne Nov 10th, 2007 10:35 PM

That, sir, was indeed in-my-face, and quite so. ;<

bigtimecow Nov 11th, 2007 04:04 PM

"the graphics are top notch"

MarioRPG Nov 11th, 2007 04:40 PM

Did I mention how well I can improvise?

DuFresne Nov 11th, 2007 04:53 PM

I bet you're gonna sound just like Jack Nicholson when you're older :wink

timrpgland Nov 12th, 2007 01:01 PM

Mario 64 is one of the best games of all time. If this comes close, it'll be golden. Plus I actually liked Sunshine (for the most part). Read the IGN review today and it sounds awesome. I hope to get it today if it's around.

MarioRPG Nov 12th, 2007 03:17 PM

I just hope the game length is as long as I've hoped.

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 12th, 2007 11:27 PM

I don't want to get this but I am anyway cause I olnly have 4 games on my wii and need something else to play.

CaptainBubba Nov 13th, 2007 12:54 AM

I'm up to 11 stars so far and heres my partial review:

This game is really really fun and does a pretty good job of balancing wierd gameplay with simplicity and good transitioning. The only downside is that the camera angle can get bad and it wont let you fix it and despite what I said previously it is actually pretty hard to tell sometimes wether you can walk off of the edge of a platform and walk on the bottom or if theres a black hole under there.

The graphics are really cool. Alot of the time they remind me of the screensavers that come with graphics cards to "show off" where they have a silver shiny ball with hair floating on a lake or something. But those things are always very pretty so its a good thing basically.

The gravity effects are very very well done and I assume thats what most of the hype and excitement is about anyway. Every object and planetoid has its own gravity and playing with this is very cool.

The game is really easy so far and I had to just put it down to prevent myself from finishing 2 areas out of the games 7. But it seems like theres tons of ecret content and extra stuff so it should be sufficiently long for 50 bucks.

THERE.

MarioRPG Nov 13th, 2007 03:31 PM

My TV is broken!

WhiteRat Nov 13th, 2007 09:03 PM

This game alone makes me want to get a Wii. I need to head over to my local Super Mega Wal-Mart to try it out.

bigtimecow Nov 14th, 2007 08:46 AM

so far my favorite game on the wii. definately kind of easy, but then again so was mario 64 for the most part. i'm sure later worlds will get harder.

i have... 14 stars so far?

timrpgland Nov 14th, 2007 10:19 AM

I love it so far

Dr. V Nov 15th, 2007 05:10 AM

As do I. The bloom effect is quite fantastic! I've died a few times so it's not super easy. I wish you had more than 3 health things.

CaptainBubba Nov 15th, 2007 10:11 AM

Im at 54 stars it is pretty dang easy. I just played the first level I'd consider hard (The secret star in the coldflame galaxy)

Schimid Nov 15th, 2007 02:57 PM

Bubba, I had the same issue with that very same star...it's just a really long trek.

I'm about at the same point, just finished Freezeflame and going onto Dusty Dune. This game is incredible. It's the first time in a long time that I've felt giddy about playing something, when you hit that first galaxy and the music hits.

At first I thought Mailtoad's messages were cute, now I get all disappointed when I see my Wii glowing.

MarioRPG Nov 15th, 2007 03:46 PM

GOD DAMN TV.

Dr. V Nov 15th, 2007 06:43 PM

So how do you get all the stars in the galaxy's that don't have 100 coins to grab? The first 3 galaxies don't have those little crowns on them.

CaptainBubba Nov 15th, 2007 09:28 PM

Its a suprise :O

Dr. V Nov 16th, 2007 01:51 AM

I h8 surprises.

bigtimecow Nov 17th, 2007 02:04 AM

i have like 50-60 stars, and there have been some challenging stars. the time trial comets or whatever are verrrrrrrrry hard sometimes.

and freezeflame galaxy is the 0bkie9uesthweratwsgduhyausdhasdasd best galaxy ever.