I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704098)

RaNkeri Feb 4th, 2010 10:18 AM

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Seems like they're finally on the right track, but knowing Team Sonic you can never be sure. Having an episode format is quite weird.

Anyways, looks great so far.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 4th, 2010 11:01 AM

They've made bad 2D Sonic's before. And more reboots than any franchise should be allowed. The fact that it's episodic DLC makes me wonder if this was
made by their B Team.

Plus, new Sonic model + homing attack = not old school. I really. Don't think they've learned a damn thing

RaNkeri Feb 4th, 2010 11:18 AM

I would've loved to see this game look like the good old Mega Drive versions but fuck it, after all the shit the franchise has gone through, it's a breath of fresh air to see them atleast try to return him to the original style.

Don't know about homing attack, there's not really any purpose for it in a 2D platformer. Then again, every classic sonic game has introduced a new move, so I'm curious to see how it will work.

Grislygus Feb 4th, 2010 11:22 AM

honestly, I never cared after the second one

robo_rob Feb 4th, 2010 11:38 AM

The episodic approach is the only thing making me not want this automatically.

Zhukov Feb 4th, 2010 12:01 PM

Fuck. It looks like it will play well enough, but Sonic looks retarded as is usual now.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 4th, 2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 671129)
Don't know about homing attack, there's not really any purpose for it in a 2D platformer. Then again, every classic sonic game has introduced a new move, so I'm curious to see how it will work.

The homing attack was added to the 3D games so that jumping on enemies while moving fast was feasible (...until the targeting fucked up and you were on a one-way trip down a bottomless pit. Which was constantly inches away from where you were standing).

Putting it in a 3D game is like giving me cruise control. I wouldn't be surprised if the Boost Attack made it in. Then you wouldn't even have to do anything. Literally.

Dimnos Feb 4th, 2010 01:05 PM

I said it before and Ill say it again. To little to late. Assuming it is even worth creating this thread over. SONIC DIED! QUIT MOLESTING THE DRY HUSK THAT IS HIS CORPSE!

Supafly345 Feb 4th, 2010 02:46 PM

I don't care how much they rape a franchise, if it happens to be fun then cool.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 4th, 2010 02:52 PM

Rape is always okay if it's fun.

Ant10708 Feb 4th, 2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo_rob (Post 671134)
The episodic approach is the only thing making me not want this automatically.

Same here. I really don't like the idea of buying small sections of a game.

LordSappington Feb 5th, 2010 12:14 AM

These games were awesome, up to Sonic and Knuckles.
But now? Now, every time I see a new Sonic game, I want to go find whoever's bright idea it was to reboot a new batch of Aspie rant fuel, and strangle him. With piano wire.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 5th, 2010 08:10 AM

Finally watched the trailer. Why is it when he jumps on an enemy he stops spinning to mario stomp it and then continues on his way? As opposed to stay spinning while killing.

Assholes.

Zhukov Feb 5th, 2010 10:22 AM

It does look a little slow...

Also, Sonic and Knuckles was awesome. The DS games; Sonic Rush and the other one were pretty damn good too, I thought.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 5th, 2010 10:49 AM

Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3 lock in = one of the most fun gaming experiences you can have.

Hyper Knuckles with the screen shake is awesome. :)
Hyper Sonic where he goes so fast he just crosses his arms while running. :)
Hyper Tails gets some birds to fly around and pop balloons. :(

RaNkeri Feb 5th, 2010 11:01 AM

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is pretty much the best game of the 16-bit era

Zhukov Feb 5th, 2010 11:09 AM

I think we've had this conversation about five times in the past few years. Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 was god damn brilliant.

Hyper Tails could fucking FLY.

robo_rob Feb 5th, 2010 02:25 PM

Calling this Sonic 4 could be it's biggest downfall. If it was just Sonic's Big Adventure or whatever, it probably wouldn't be judged so harshly. But calling it a follow up to the best Sonic games, is going to give it expectations it might not be able to meet.

Not to mention the episodic thing, that really is out of place for this type of game.

Ant10708 Feb 5th, 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 671332)
Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3 lock in = one of the most fun gaming experiences you can have.

explain this if you could

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 5th, 2010 05:58 PM

The top of Sonic & Knuckles opens up so you can play Sonic 1, Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 with knuckles. If you play Sonic 3 with S&K in it you basically play through all of Sonic 3 then it continues through to Sonic & Knuckles. If you get all of the Chaos emeralds you can then get the Hyper Chaos emeralds which makes you that much more of a B.A. Also there's a save feature.

Nick Feb 5th, 2010 10:01 PM

Why does Sonic's run animation make him look so slow.

Zhukov Feb 6th, 2010 12:10 AM

Yeah, he does look slow. I'm hoping that that is just some sort of extra CG created to advertise, rather than straight out of the game. :\

You couldn't play Sonic 1 with Knuckles if you locked it in, it would come up with an error screen of Sonic and gang waving their fingers at you. BUT if you pressed A, B and C all at the same time, you were taken to a secret game where you could play the annoying Sonic 3 special stage for EVER.

Here's what some chump from SEGA has to say about Sonic 4:

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/pr...&mode=previews

Ken Balough: Sonic as a brand is definitely not moving away from our packaged console versions. Making Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I for download is just a new way to offer a great Sonic experience through a different medium.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 6th, 2010 11:28 AM

For some reason I thought you could play as Knuckles in Sonic 1. Was it just the bonus stage pinball game?

Phoenix Gamma Feb 6th, 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 671417)
Why does Sonic's run animation make him look so slow.

Rumor is that he runs even faster, like the Sonic Advance or Sonic Rush games. Which is a problem, because all you did in those games was hold right and win.

Also, Sonic looks goofy as fuck. Those are some floppyass "spikes". Here Sega. Someone fixed your game for you:

darkvare Feb 6th, 2010 12:30 PM

why is it that sega seems uncapable of doing a sonic game with out screwing something up