I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Comic Review: Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #1 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702729)

MockBot Aug 11th, 2009 02:24 AM

Weekly Comic Review: Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #1

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Comic Review: Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth #1.

Purple Man Aug 11th, 2009 02:58 AM

I think Deadpool's actually a bit overexposed these days, but that seems to be the case with far too many characters at the mo. The MU seems to consist of about five people in total (with Deadpool being TWO of them).

He did kinda spice things up in Civil War - he got beaten up by Squirrel Girl!

Rufus the Perturbed Aug 11th, 2009 03:24 AM

Personally, I really like Deadpool, and as far as I'm concerned, he never got beaten up by Squirrel Girl because that's just too stupid for reality, even comic reality. In fact, I'm ignoring everything that happened in Civil War aside from Captain America dying. I just hope the people at Marvel don't turn him into another Wolverine (a supposed loner who shows up in every comic and joins every team whether it makes sense or not).

Nick Aug 11th, 2009 04:14 AM

I think Deadpool should be on every team.

hobbsend Aug 11th, 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Nick
Apprentice Pickle
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I think Deadpool should be on every team.
Come on it's Deadpool, he thinks he's on every team anyways! You've really got to love a character whose psychosis is breaking the fourth wall.

GreenPeaness Aug 11th, 2009 11:49 AM

I'm really surprised they don't draw Deadpool as Ryan Reynolds from now on.

Dr. Boogie Aug 11th, 2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Man (Post 641041)
I think Deadpool's actually a bit overexposed these days, but that seems to be the case with far too many characters at the mo. The MU seems to consist of about five people in total (with Deadpool being TWO of them).

He did kinda spice things up in Civil War - he got beaten up by Squirrel Girl!

For me, the bar for overexposure is set by Wolverine. DP's about 100 issues and a half dozen video games behind that guy.

And Squirrel Girl did best Doctor Doom at one point. Very potent, that one.

Quote:

I'm really surprised they don't draw Deadpool as Ryan Reynolds from now on.
Maybe they could compromise and make Ryan Reynolds look like a burn victim.

executioneer Aug 11th, 2009 06:32 PM

hahaha

A Bad Enough Dude Aug 11th, 2009 06:48 PM

Man, I LOVE Deathstroke.

executioneer Aug 11th, 2009 06:51 PM

that is clearly a different character to the one we're talking about, winky/frowny emoticon

Doctor_Who Aug 11th, 2009 11:45 PM

Right now Deadpool is the only Marvel character I actually find interesting. The last couple of years have not been kind to the House That Lee Built.

If either Joe Kelly or Gail Simone came back to the character I would be so full of happy thoughts that I could fly, but Victor Gischler is okay too. I certainly plan to pick up the rest of this series.

peh_ Aug 12th, 2009 04:22 AM

So I computer magiced this issue and had a good time. Thanks again for suggesting this. All I have to say is that it's nice to see a comic having FUN with the character. I've always had a soft spot for Deadpool despite his origins from the biggest overrated hack ever. I love where the subsequent writers have taken the guy... Oh and did I mention that reading it is fun?

Julio Aug 13th, 2009 10:25 PM

Deadpool kicks some serious ass.

Alcibiades Aug 14th, 2009 11:01 AM

Deadpool should, at some point, plan on using his baraka claws and concussive blast vision to solve a problem, only to be suprised as to the fact that... he doesn't have those powers.

'I could've sworn I was blowing up Wolvie just a little while ago...'

KanyonKreist Aug 15th, 2009 01:03 AM

Mw/aM is already a WAY better comic than Deadpool's main series. (Wow, who ever woulda thought we'd be saying "Deadpool's *main* series"..?) It's funnier, more original, less flat-out looney-tunes, and just really good. BTW, I just opened a new comic shop in downtown Pittsburgh - Comic Book Ink, on the corner of Smithfield St. and Blvd. of the Allies - and if you come in and mention THIS VERY POST, I'll give you the new ish of Merc w/ a Mouth for free. No, really.

Drunken_Lemur408 Aug 15th, 2009 02:11 AM

Wasn't Deadpool originally a rip off of Deathstroke?

HowardC Aug 15th, 2009 02:06 PM

I read this and found it to be just ok.... It was funny, but not THAT funny.

With that being said you need to read marvel zombies 3 and 4 (yes they are up to 4 now) to fully understand what the hell is going on.

I think the series will get better as it goes on because despite the often negative reviews this site gives the zombieverse issues, I've found that ANY series can be improved with the addition of zombies, monkeys, little people, or if we are lucky zombified midget monkeys!

executioneer Aug 15th, 2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken_Lemur408 (Post 641919)
Wasn't Deadpool originally a rip off of Deathstroke?

yeah, but he changed rather quickly once he got away from dipshit mcpouchfetish

Sam Aug 15th, 2009 04:33 PM

:lol

Dr. Boogie Aug 16th, 2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 641977)
With that being said you need to read marvel zombies 3 and 4 (yes they are up to 4 now) to fully understand what the hell is going on.

Not really.

Spoilers!

And this is more or less explained in issue 2.

HowardC Aug 16th, 2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 642172)
Not really.

Spoilers!

And this is more or less explained in issue 2.

Well yeah... if you are one of those people who can miss an episode of Who's the Boss and be satisfied with the 30 sec "previously on who's the boss" blurb at the beginning of the show then yeah. I'm just not one of those guys.

Angela!

Dr. Boogie Aug 16th, 2009 06:36 PM

Hey, one second-per-minute is a good rate of return for those recaps.