I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Portsmouth Store Owner Takes On Three Would-be Robbers (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7379)

VinceZeb Nov 14th, 2003 07:27 PM

Portsmouth Store Owner Takes On Three Would-be Robbers

http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

Portsmouth police say they have three robbery suspects in custody, after the owner of a clothing store they were attempting to rob decided to take matters into his own hands.

According to police, it was around 1:30pm Thursday when the three entered the Playaz Gear store in the Victory Corner Shopping Center in the 4000 block of Victory Boulevard. One of the suspects was armed with a gun.

Authorities say the three robbed the clerk on duty, Sam Ziad Isnail - who also happened to be the owner - and took clothing from the store.

At some point, police say, Isnail decided he had had enough.

Police say he chased the three out of the store, and eventually got into a physical confrontation with the suspects.

Isnail then managed to take the gun away from one of the suspects and began using it as a blunt object to hit the three.

Police say the three got into their vehicle to drive away. As they were leaving, Isnail beat the gun against the back window with enough force to break it.

Officials say Isnail never fired the weapon.

The three drove to Alexander's Corner in the 3900 block of Portsmouth Boulevard, where police say they abandoned their vehicle and fled on foot.

The three were later apprehended by Portsmouth police.

The owner of the store suffered an abrasion on his head and a cut to his hand during the incident.

Police have identified the three suspects as 23-year old Anthony C. Davis, of the 1100 block of Wilson Road, Norfolk; 20-year old Matthew Crisp, of the 2900 block of Fireside Road, Chesapeake; and 20-year old Antwaine Butts, of the 2600 block of Broad Street, Chesapeake.

They are charged with robbery, abduction, malicious wounding, and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

The_Rorschach Nov 14th, 2003 08:41 PM

Many of Lovecraft's stories were set in Portsmouth. A pity this isn't one of them :)

KevinTheOmnivore Nov 15th, 2003 02:34 AM

This is where Vince and OAO chime in with something like "SEE! WE DON'T NEED GOVERNMENT TO HELP US, NOR DO WE NEED THE POLICE, JUST AS LONG AS WE'RE ARMED AND FREE TO SHOOT AT PEOPLE!!!"

Mike P Nov 15th, 2003 03:11 AM

I won't say we don't need the goverment or police, but more vigilantes would make life more interesting.

Zhukov Nov 15th, 2003 04:16 AM

We don't need police.

mburbank Nov 15th, 2003 09:59 AM

We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom; all in all it's just another overwrought rock opera about oversensitivity to the point of insanity.

That said, not that I don't think this is a nice story and all, I do. My question is why do stories like this give Vinth such a bone on? Why is this such a fantasy image for you? I seem to recall you going sweaty gaga over the Jessica Lynch story as it was originally reported as well. I mean, why does reading (and posting) about this sort of thing make your He-Man underoes fit so funny?

KevinTheOmnivore Nov 15th, 2003 11:27 AM

Yeah, Max, you hit it on the head. It's not that this isn't a great story, but I too am curious to learn the origin of Vince's infatuation with this story. I'm guessing this sort of stuff does happen from time to time, but so what?

Oh, and Zhukov, you and OAO both agree on something. You both think police are arguably unnecessary. I am frightened probably by both of your alternatives.....

AChimp Nov 15th, 2003 11:43 AM

Vinth defended his father at the buffet, remember? His mom was lining her purse with a grocery bag and filling it with fried chicken, and his father was stuffing his face when the manager tried to kick them out.

Vinth held him off with a butterknife while his folks grabbed the prime rib and fled.

Jeanette X Nov 15th, 2003 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov
We don't need police.

FUCK THA POLICE! :rapper
Quote:

Many of Lovecraft's stories were set in Portsmouth. A pity this isn't one of them
I think you mean Innsmouth, Ror.

Zhukov Nov 15th, 2003 12:51 PM

Let me rephrase myself... You need police, we don't need police.

Eventualy you backwards yanks can learn to get along

AChimp Nov 15th, 2003 02:14 PM

Who needs police in a land where everyone looks like this?

kellychaos Nov 15th, 2003 04:24 PM

Silly me. I thought Vinth was going to put some kind of anti-muslim spin on the story using the owner as his "case in point". I guess that muslims are good, though, as long as they fit the point he's trying to make.

KevinTheOmnivore Nov 15th, 2003 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov
Let me rephrase myself... You need police, we don't need police.

Eventualy you backwards yanks can learn to get along

Blah blah blibity blah. You have police, do you not?

Spectre X Nov 16th, 2003 03:28 AM

but they don't need it. :rolleyes

Zhukov Nov 16th, 2003 10:08 AM

Exactly :(

Anonymous Nov 16th, 2003 11:59 AM

The robbers were democrats.

The_Rorschach Nov 16th, 2003 05:52 PM

No, actually I don't. though Innsmouth was used also.

I know my lovecraft Princess. >:

The One and Only... Nov 16th, 2003 08:31 PM

Why do you think I don't need police?

The police likely could be taken over by private defence firms w/ progressive voucher system and heavy regulation, but still...

(Actually, there is an alternative to vouchers, it's just a matter of which method is more efficient.)

Protoclown Nov 16th, 2003 09:31 PM

I didn't realize Lovecraft set any stories in Virginia.

Anonymous Nov 16th, 2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown
I didn't realize Lovecraft set any stories in Virginia.

And that's why you'll be among the first to die, Proto.

Perndog Nov 16th, 2003 11:43 PM

Yeah, I thought all of Lovecraft's settings were farther north, like in Massachusetts.... :confused

EDIT: Yeah, Maine sounds more right.

Anonymous Nov 16th, 2003 11:45 PM

I thought it was just in Maine.

So who among us is truly correct?

Protoclown Nov 17th, 2003 01:17 AM

So do I really need to be on the lookout for Cthulhu or what??? :chatter

Anonymous Nov 17th, 2003 09:15 AM

We ALL need to look out for Cthulhu.

The_Rorschach Nov 17th, 2003 11:30 AM

They were mostly (if not all) set in Maine I believe, although I think the University that had the Necronomicon might have been in Mass I'm not sure, but the cities he set his works in were varied. Now I am going to have to re-read everything just to so I can cite which works I'm referring to exactly were Portsmouth is named. :(