I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The sky is blue. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9915)

AChimp Mar 6th, 2004 03:06 PM

The sky is blue.

The sky is blue. Come on, people. Prove me wrong. I can argue this topic all day, so bring it. >:

mesobe Mar 6th, 2004 03:11 PM

sometimes in the evening the sky is pink or red.

lets hear it for filtered wave-lengths!

phnompehn Mar 6th, 2004 04:13 PM

What if you're color blind? Colors are only defined by perception. In the same way that people see more colors than most animals, it is possible that we don't see all that we think we do.

AChimp Mar 6th, 2004 04:40 PM

If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? OF COURSE IT DOES.

Being colour blind doesn't make something not that colour anymore, faggots. >:

KEEP TRYING. >:

Matt Harty Mar 6th, 2004 04:44 PM

Violet is scattered even more than blue light. However, our eyes are much more sensitive to see blue than violet, therefore we see the sky as blue.

phnompehn Mar 6th, 2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound? OF COURSE IT DOES.

Being colour blind doesn't make something not that colour anymore, faggots. >:

KEEP TRYING. >:

You said the sky is blue. The sky is not blue. It is a gravitationally controlled mass of gas. You may perceive that it is colored blue, but that does not make it blue. Rephrase your own question, and then you'll be able to have an argument.

AChimp Mar 6th, 2004 04:57 PM

Oh, so you're one of those perception homo's, huh? BLUE IS BLUE, DICKHOLE, AND SO'S THE SKY. >:

Matt knows his shit. Props to the blue sky believers. :)

phnompehn Mar 6th, 2004 05:00 PM

Make love to me Chimp. I want your body! :( :( :( :(

The One and Only... Mar 6th, 2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phnompehn
Colors are only defined by perception.

In fact, both primary and secondary qualities are defined by perception! :GeorgeBerkeley

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2004 07:20 PM

Actually color is decided by it's FREQUENCY. The name, is surely, human.. but the color itself is no fucking perception. If you could sense the vibrations of a color, then everybody would feel the same thing.

Also the sky is purple. That's the crack between the sky and dawn, where you stare to find the homely ground.

AChimp Mar 6th, 2004 07:22 PM

If you don't believe the sky is blue, you are a NOBODY. >:

phnompehn Mar 6th, 2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
then everybody would feel the same thing.

All forms of measurement are institutions created by man, and therefore, are subject to perception. Not even every human feels everything in the same way.

P.S.- Chimp, I'm going to rape you. In the ear canal. With a Slim Jim. P13@53 M@K3 10V3 T0 M3!!!!!11

Terra Mar 6th, 2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phnompehn
P.S.- Chimp, I'm going to rape you. In the ear canal. With a Slim Jim. P13@53 M@K3 10V3 T0 M3!!!!!11

Gotta love it when they talk dirty, though. Blue sky or not (and it DID look blue today).

Helm Mar 6th, 2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

All forms of measurement are institutions created by man
All but OAO's measurement of his penis. That is pure objective fact!

Perndog Mar 6th, 2004 09:02 PM

There is no sky. There have been clouds overhead for 6 days straight. >:

Jeanette X Mar 6th, 2004 09:44 PM

But Chimp, the sky is BLACK at night. :)

Rez Mar 6th, 2004 10:22 PM

THERE IS NO BLACK

Rez Mar 6th, 2004 10:58 PM

the sky has no inherent color

theapportioner Mar 6th, 2004 11:10 PM

The sky looks black when it's night out.

Perndog Mar 7th, 2004 12:15 AM

The sky is MIDNIGHT BLUE at night because of the light of the moon and stars. Hence the name, midnight blue.

phnompehn Mar 7th, 2004 12:52 AM

The sky is translucent at night, since the sun isn't reflecting off of the vapors. What you see at night is infinity.

Perndog Mar 7th, 2004 01:02 AM

The sun is reflecting off the moon which transmits enough light to refract through the atmosphere as dark, dark blue but not enough to obscure the stars. The sky is transparent, not translucent, but that doesn't have anything to do with its color.

kahljorn Mar 7th, 2004 01:26 AM

If I stab you in your Penis, will you feel the pain in your Left Middle Finger? No.
Also, vibrational frequencies effect different parts of the body, and different parts of the mind.
Also the vibrations are so different it would be fairly easy to tell... the only problem wo uld be deciding what's Dark Purple and what's Fuscia.

Perndog Mar 7th, 2004 01:59 AM

So, kahl, could you see the sky if it vibrated at 40 Hz? :)

Anonymous Mar 7th, 2004 02:03 AM

THAT'S AN OCTAVE ABOVE THE LOWEST FREQ MOST HUMANS CAN HEAR, FOR REFERENCE, KIDS ;<