I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 14th, 2010 09:01 AM

Resident Evil 4 needed to happen. I loved Nemesis and CV but they were just kind of old by then.

For Resident Evil 5 I wish you could play through the main story with all the multi chars. Just even nix the cut scenes.

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2010 10:01 AM

Yeah but the recent lack of zombies in the franchise doesn´t please me at all. Resi is about gloomy eviroments and zombies, not hot daylight settings and...some people running towards you.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 14th, 2010 10:43 AM

Have you played the RE5 DLC forgotten nitemares or whatever its called.

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2010 12:00 PM

No, if I recall correctly it´s not available in germany without performing some techno-voodoo and I never felt the need to play more Re5 after clearing it about five thousand times in Coop. :)

Did the DLC have Zombies? A friend of mine got it somehow but he said it was rather short and bland and he´s the second biggest Re-Fan I know, right after myself :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 14th, 2010 12:10 PM

Its kind of fun. Chris and Jill go through a Spencer Mansion. There are zombies but they're already (re)dead.

For an added challenge you can click on the main door 3 times and it'll put the gameplay in RE 1 mode, with tank controls/camera angles and all.

The 2nd DLC is Jill and Sheva's boss(I always forget his name from merc mode[also dlc]) fighting through a shipyard cove military base.. I love playing as him because for melee moves he has a Hulk Hogan big boot, a german suplex(does everyone suplex like that in germany?) and also an elbow drop.

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2010 12:15 PM

Hm, interesting but I´ll wait for the next Re game down the line I guess...or play the older ones again. I love the cute little DS-Port of the first one, it´s so tiny and yet so much fun :)

And just so you know, the suplex as such is a traditional german greeting. That´s where the rumor comes from that all germans are kinda unfriendly, we´re not, we just don´t want to hurt anyone ;)

Zhukov Oct 14th, 2010 12:30 PM

GAHRG was playing Civ V all today without saving, for roughly six hours straight and Windows decides to restart to install updates and I lost it all. This is the worst.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 14th, 2010 02:18 PM

Lol, everything is rough in germany.

Is there an autosave Zhukov that maybe caught it?

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 700837)
Lol, everything is rough in germany.

Is there an autosave Zhukov that maybe caught it?

Donīt forget all that dense forest we germans live in. In huts to be precise. I myself am about 2.20m tall and my mighty beard is so majestic youīd fall over in...errrr awe. Yeah! :lol

@Autosave: Didnīt the older Civ games autosave every 10 turns or so?

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 14th, 2010 03:37 PM

lol, there totally should be a guy named autosave.

OxBlood Oct 14th, 2010 04:24 PM

*snrk* True. Autosave and his buddy Quickload. Menace of the board.

Snake_Storm Oct 15th, 2010 12:33 AM

well with halloween coming up i like to prepare myself by dusting off My NEC Turbographix-16 and playing some Splatterhouse. It's quite a bit dated as the game was made in 1988 but it's just not halloween without fighting hordes of monsters as an undead horror posessed by a mask in order to save your kidnapped girlfriend who may or may not already be dead.

Too bad they don't make 'em like that anymore.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 15th, 2010 10:12 AM

Ox, regarding dead rising. I keep seeing a trailer on television where Chuck is riding what looks like a motorcycle combined with a big blue bunny(the kind you can stuff onto a zombie) but it doesn't look like you can combine them. Do they have any different combos for the PAL release?

New splatterhouse is coming out snake.

OxBlood Oct 15th, 2010 10:39 AM

No, the PAL is exactly the same as your version in every way. Maybe you can use the bunny to decorate your bike or something? I know that you can change the color at least...
You got a link to that commercial? Or is it TV-exclusive?

Or maybe it´s the same thing as in the Castlevania commercial where Gabe swings a flaming whip...which doesn´t exist in the game.

Zhukov Oct 15th, 2010 10:49 AM

No autosave that I can see.

Can someone tell me that the Castlevania game is crap so I can save myself some money and not buy it?

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 15th, 2010 10:50 AM

I can try and find a link. I think its downloadable on xbox as well. At work for another 7 hours though.

Dimnos Oct 15th, 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 700920)
No autosave that I can see.

Can someone tell me that the Castlevania game is crap so I can save myself some money and not buy it?

Castlevania is awesome. However you might be able to get away with just renting it.

Fathom Zero Oct 15th, 2010 12:46 PM

It's shite, Zhukov. Just copied and pasted shit from every other action game out now.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 15th, 2010 01:44 PM

Yeah, but then you don't have to play any other action game out there. Therefore you are actually saving money playing this.

Fathom Zero Oct 15th, 2010 02:12 PM

Yeah, but it does everything not as good. Sooooooooo

RaNkeri Oct 15th, 2010 02:22 PM

Finished Baldur's gate last week, starting Baldur's Gate 2 tonight

Tadao Oct 15th, 2010 02:59 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 15th, 2010 03:23 PM

Yeah, but you get to play as SUPER SUPER SUPER SPOILER

Spoilers!

RaNkeri Oct 15th, 2010 03:27 PM

Minsc & Boo, Fuck Yeah!

Zhukov Oct 16th, 2010 07:26 AM

Found the autosave, hats off to those who showed concern. Looks like I'll be late for work again tomorrow!