I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   X3 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3027)

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 06:58 PM

X3

What new characters do you think they will (or should) put in X3? I'll say Sunfire and Colossus to start off.

Rongi May 1st, 2003 06:59 PM

:|

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 07:03 PM

I take it by the sad face that you mean Cable? :/

AChimp May 1st, 2003 07:29 PM

Isn't Collossus in X2?

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 07:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that he isn't, but if I'm wrong you may all beat me up digitally.

El Blanco May 1st, 2003 07:59 PM

He gets a cameo. Here comes the beating.

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 08:51 PM

*removes shirt* Bring it on, bitches!

Protoclown May 1st, 2003 09:22 PM

Yes, Colossus is in X2 in a brief cameo role ala Iceman in the first X-Men. So if they follow the Iceman trend, they'll probably give him a bigger part in the third movie. There is a shot of Colossus going into metal form in one of the trailers.

Beast is also supposed to have a small cameo in X2, but before the blue fur. He was always one of my favorites, but I like him better with the fur, so perhaps we'll be lucky enough to see him that way in the third movie.

Word around the campfire is that one of the X-Men is going to die in the third movie. I know who it is, but I won't spoil it for you others.

Everyone really wants to see Gambit (not one of my favorites, though he was when I was younger), so maybe he'll be in the third.

Ninjavenom May 1st, 2003 09:34 PM

Beast was always one of my favorites too, and i like the chick that's playing Jean. I'm just worried that Nightcrawler's smoke effects will be too fancy, too cgi looking.

Zomboid May 1st, 2003 09:41 PM

If we're talking villains done right, I wanna see apocalypse, mr sinister, and proteus.

As for actual X-Men or X characters, I wanna see morph, angel, and forge.

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 09:44 PM

I'd like to see Madripoor somehow make it's way into the movies.

James May 1st, 2003 10:52 PM

Gambit - Me >:
Jubilee - Faruzia Balk
Colossus - Roland Kickinger
Juggernaut - Big Show, or Michael Clark Duncan
Blob - Ethan Suplee
Havok - James Marsters

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 11:19 PM

LET'S PUT GLADIATOR IN THERE TOO

GADZOOKS May 1st, 2003 11:23 PM

Doctor Xaiver: Colin Quinn
Jewbally: Jennifer Affleck
Blob: A well shaven Kevin Smith
Angel: Dave Attel

Zomboid May 1st, 2003 11:41 PM

[quote="Jamesman"]

Gambit - Me >: --- :lol :lol :lol :lol
Jubilee - Faruzia Balk ---Maybe...
Colossus - Roland Kickinger ---DOLPH!
Juggernaut - Big Show, or Michael Clark Duncan ---juggernaut is basically the size of the hulk so would need CGI, not a wrestler or a black man to play him.
Blob - Ethan Suplee ---Who?
Havok - James Marsters ---He'd need to buff up, but otherwise, good choice.

James May 2nd, 2003 12:47 AM

Just you wait and see. >:

I have some old X-Men cards, that are of paintings of the characters. You probably remember them. Anyway, the cards for Jubilee and Shadowcat look almost exactly like Faruzia and Shannen Doherty, respectively.

Dolph Lundgren is washed up, and was never really worth anyone's time of day to begin with. At least the guy from Son of the Beach has the look and accent. If you can think of anyone else better suited, say so. But don't insult the X-Men movies with Dolph.

I think I could forgive the movies if they shrink Juggernaut down to giant size, but not ridiculously large like he is in the comics. And for that, I think Big Show or MCD would be good (considering they don't beat him, unmask him, etc).

Ethan plays Willam Black in Mallrats and in Chasing Amy. He was also in Evolution, and in American History X. He's a massive tub. Maybe some camera tricks could be used to make him look taller though.

As for Marsters, I always get his name confused for Marsden. So I figure why not have him play Cyclops' brother? Seems only fair.

Protoclown May 2nd, 2003 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
Dolph Lundgren is washed up, and was never really worth anyone's time of day to begin with.

BITE THY TONGUE, HEATHEN!!! >:

James May 2nd, 2003 01:02 AM

Well, why don't we just say Jean-Claude, then? Huh?

Seriously, Dolph's a hack whose career is a joke, filled with B-grade action films.

Zbu Manowar May 2nd, 2003 02:08 AM

Thunderbird. What the hell, they're already fucking with continuity. ;) And what about the whole of the X-Terminators like Artie and Leech? And Cannonball?

Zomboid May 2nd, 2003 02:57 AM

No, I'd rather they not have a character than have one shrank down about half way. No wrestlers and no black men for juggernaut, ever!

As for the blob guy, I know who he is...He's a really big guy, but the blob is also bigger than any normal human could ever be, so there'd have to be some good camera tricks.

Zbu Manowar May 2nd, 2003 03:45 AM

They'll have to be some good Camera Tricks. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the X-Men face off against Freedom Force. That way they can include Sauron into the mix and that would be amazing.

Protoclown May 2nd, 2003 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesman
Seriously, Dolph's a hack whose career is a joke, filled with B-grade action films.

NO SHIT! Why else do you think I like him so much?? His movies are hilarious!

And Zbu...yes, they "ruined" the continuity. Get over it, man! The movies obviously have their OWN continuity. You can't make a movie and follow 40 years of comic book continuity without confusing the shit out of everybody. Besides, the comics contradicted themselves so many times throughout the years anyway, or have you forgotten? Who cares if Deathstrike is younger than she's supposed to be? And who says the Reavers even EXIST in the movie continuity? Just try to enjoy the movie for what it is, man. You can't compare it to the comic as far as every little detail is concerned or else you'll NEVER enjoy it.

James May 2nd, 2003 07:35 AM

But.. I mean, I can understand, being a huge Bruce Campbell fan. But then again, Bruce has established himself as being a real actor. I just don't see Dolph seriously fitting into the X-Men world.

AChimp May 2nd, 2003 09:29 AM

They should give Hulk Hogan a role in the next movie. Any role. :)

pjalne May 2nd, 2003 10:11 AM

Since Jubilee looks like she's seven or eight years old in X2, I can't see how she can have a big part in X3. Beast would be cool, though. I like what they've done to the characters this far, they've managed to keep a lot from the comics and still make them good movie characters, which often is the problem in super hero movies. It'd be cool to see what they do with Beast.

And Phoenix will of course be in it.