I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Useless B-Horror Flick Knowledge (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353)

pissed off salesman Feb 5th, 2003 07:14 PM

Useless B-Horror Flick Knowledge

Well since the old threads in the old ezboard will die soon, and ill really miss the b rated thread in the old one, so heres the new one!!!!!! enjoy and revel in the b-rated movie ness ness ness ness

edit: corrected the title of this thread. -rog

Zomboid Feb 5th, 2003 09:22 PM

It wasn't called this, asshole >:. But I miss that thread, so I'll start by saying that you all need to see demons.

Protoclown Feb 6th, 2003 12:36 AM

SORRY MY MOMMY WON'T LET ME SEE B-RATED MOVIES UNTIL I AM OLDER :(

Paul138 Feb 9th, 2003 10:23 PM

A cool show to see b-movies being made fun of was "Mystery Science Theatre". They focused mainly on the Science Fiction genre but they were still b-movies. Funny as hell and great for learning about sarcasm.

Ninjavenom Feb 9th, 2003 10:27 PM

Slugs.

pissed off salesman Feb 10th, 2003 07:54 PM

one of my personal favorites was the cars that ate paris, i wish i had a spiked covered vw

Zbu Manowar Feb 13th, 2003 12:18 PM

Deadbeat at Dawn. Somehow it manages to provide some interesting fight scenes for a minuscule budget.

CastroMotorOil Feb 13th, 2003 07:23 PM

wow pau lthat sounds like such a cool show, i have NEVER heard of it before. What station was it on as i have never ever seen one episode of it. :troutslap

unclehobart Feb 13th, 2003 08:48 PM

The Cockroach That Ate Cincinatti.

Zbu Manowar Feb 14th, 2003 12:37 AM

Godmonster of Indian Flats.

Seriously, if you want some twisted shit, check out any Something Weird DVD you come across. Those have everything you could want.

pissed off salesman Feb 17th, 2003 06:21 PM

good b site

badmovies.org

Skulhedface Feb 20th, 2003 01:01 AM

Before I get any wiseass replies, let me say that I am well aware that this will not count as a TRADITIONAL b-movie horror flick, but it's the only one that jumps to mind right away.

Toxic Avenger. Gotta love Troma. The most fucked up, cheesy movies you'll ever see. If ya don't believe me, try Tromeo and Juliet.

Truly sickening. Which of course means funny as fuck.

Zbu Manowar Feb 20th, 2003 01:47 AM

I won't bash you for Toxic Avenger, it's a damn fine movie.

And buy the Tox Box gift set: all three Toxie movies plus the Toxic Crusaders DVD for under $30. Well worth the cash.

Skulhedface Feb 20th, 2003 02:19 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Toxic AVENGERS the Troma movies and the Toxic CRUSADER was the short lived cartoon series?

I'm not the world's biggest Troma junkie, but I watch what I can get my hands on. Sgt. Kabukiman was funny as hell!

CastroMotorOil Feb 20th, 2003 02:55 AM

cannibal the musical was great

Bennett Feb 20th, 2003 11:07 AM

"Neon Maniacs" is a great film about a group of unexplained zombie type creatures from different walks of life (kind of like the zombie Village People: there is a native american, a samurai, a doctor, a biker and much much more) that are water soluble! Making for some good battles including bath tubs, water pistols and a fire hose! The most ridiculous movie I've ever seen, leaves you asking, "Why?"

slavemason Feb 20th, 2003 12:04 PM

The Forbidden Zone and Jesco the Dancing Outlaw are two of the funniest films I've ever seen. The soundtrack to the Forbidden Zone is damn good as well, if any of you are Oingo Boingo fans. Jesco's underground fame landed him a chance at stardom by appearing on the Roseanne show years ago. Unfortunately Jesco had huffed too much lighter fluid to remember any lines. They did show him tap dancing during the closing credits though.
Sorry, those aren't horror. How about Street Trash or Blood Diner? They were supposed to be horror but I couldn't stop laughing at them either.

Bennett Feb 20th, 2003 12:10 PM

How about any of the movies from the "Trancers" series. I used to love that crap as a kid.

Skulhedface Feb 21st, 2003 04:43 PM

But then, of course, we left out the Grandaddy of all B-Movie horror flix.. the Night Of The Living Dead movies.

Now, I remember liking this movie, but I can't remember the exact name of it, maybe one of you knows.

In the beginning of the movie, there's a SWAT team of some sort (I believe it's a SWAT team, I'm going by fading memories here) going after zombies in a slum and then all these people run off into a mall or something, and in about the middle of the movie the zombies are locked out so the two guys who are locked in the department store start looting the place... etc etc etc

Anyone know?

pissed off salesman Feb 22nd, 2003 05:40 PM

What is dawn of the dead alex? yeah dawn of the dead was the king of the series. Exploding faces zombie kids and a seen where a mexican gets his stomach torn open and gnawed on

Skulhedface Feb 22nd, 2003 09:46 PM

ahh yes. Sorry, I just have so many god damn tapes (over 1,000, which is why I should get the title of I-Mockery Resident Movie Nerd) and a bazillion of them have "of the dead" or "dead" or something of that effect on them. It'd take me FOREVER to watch thru all those movies again just to find a specific one.

MaskedMonk Mar 12th, 2003 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennett
How about any of the movies from the "Trancers" series. I used to love that crap as a kid.

I saw half of one on the scifi channel at four in the morning a few years ago.

Also, Return of the Living Dead is my favorite zombie movie.

In Toxic Avenger, how does the guy in the Mexican restaurant robbery who gets his arm torn off die?

bartman Apr 18th, 2003 09:23 PM

Hobgoblins. a good example of a movie trying to build off of the success of Gremlins.

Also the Slumber Party Massacre movies series.

UnDeath Apr 19th, 2003 04:19 AM

Return of the living dead. I watched it when I was 10, and back then it was scary as hell... somehow... Probably because there was no way to eliminate the zombie threat, and they could talk... I think it was because of this movie, that zombie movies, even the ungodle cheesy ones, still scare me... I mean, Dead-Alive creeped me out, and I watched that in broad daylight, about a few months ago.....

Chris P. Bacon Apr 19th, 2003 01:17 PM

My sister and I sat up one night and watched Chopper Chicks in Zombietown. Boy that sucked. It did have Cycle Sluts though. One scene I remember had these blind kids getting off of there "special bus" and one of the blind kids had on a watch. I remember thinking that was funny cos if he was blind how could he see his watch to see what time it was?? Maybe it was a braile watch.