I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Scientists go looking for Mongolian Death Worm. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702726)

Dimnos Aug 10th, 2009 03:49 PM

Scientists go looking for Mongolian Death Worm.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...013016,00.html

Discuss.

stevetothepast Aug 10th, 2009 04:17 PM

I hope he fucking finds it. People think I'm nuts, but I do not entirely dismiss the theory of sasquatch sightings in British Columbia. Not intending to make this a big foot discussion, that mongolian death worm is totally plausible.

Jeanette X Aug 10th, 2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 640955)
I hope he fucking finds it. People think I'm nuts, but I do not entirely dismiss the theory of sasquatch sightings in British Columbia. Not intending to make this a big foot discussion, that mongolian death worm is totally plausible.

I've mentioned it before on here but I'm going to say it again:
Jane Goodall thinks that the sasquatch may exist, and I take what she says quite seriously.

(Jane Goodall, who worked with the chimps and is alive and well. Not Dian Fossey who worked with the gorillas and was murdered by Rwandan poachers. Don't mix 'em up, people.)

Colonel Flagg Aug 10th, 2009 07:37 PM

That looks a lot like Zomboid's sig. :eek

kahljorn Aug 11th, 2009 03:26 AM

what the fuck kind of scientist thinks that capturing a snake (or worm or whatever) on film would prove the existence of an almost mythological creature?

I just picture it turning out like every bigfoot video. "OH THERE IT IS OVER THERE" and then it fucking zips away and vanishes

Zhukov Aug 11th, 2009 06:02 AM

"I have no intention of grabbing it, capturing it, stuffing it, or anything like that. I just want to prove its existence and if I can get it on film, that's all I need to do."

PFFT, yeah, film. Whatever. I don't believe half the film I see. I wouldn't believe it existed until I saw it flailing around in a cage shitting lightning.

There are a lot of rumors and discussion going on here about people seeing foxes. Not really that exciting, but yeah, fox sightings. There is even a government funded fox task-force created to hunt them, but so far no luck.

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 641046)
what the fuck kind of scientist thinks that capturing a snake (or worm or whatever) on film would prove the existence of an almost mythological creature?

Yes, I thought the same thing. It's like he never heard of CGI.

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 641060)
I wouldn't believe it existed until I saw it flailing around in a cage shitting lightning..

Yeah baby! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 641060)
There are a lot of rumors and discussion going on here about people seeing foxes. Not really that exciting, but yeah, fox sightings. There is even a government funded fox task-force created to hunt them, but so far no luck.

On average, I see a fox about every two weeks or so, which is unusual for the area, but not enough for me to get federal funding. :\

Dr. Boogie Aug 11th, 2009 02:00 PM

"I'd love to go on a vacation to Mongolia, but I just can't afford to right now. It's not as though I can write it off as a business expense... Wait, I just got an idea!"

ZeldaQueen Aug 11th, 2009 02:53 PM

I hope he does find it. It would be like finding one of the worms from Dune. Plus, imagine if it was real and was put into textbooks. "Okay class, today we're going to learn about the acid-spitting Mongolian Death Worm!"

Tadao Aug 11th, 2009 02:55 PM

I hope he dies trying to find it.

stevetothepast Aug 11th, 2009 06:31 PM

I just hope he dies.

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 641137)
"Okay class, today we're going to learn about the acid-spitting Mongolian Death Worm!"

And "Lightning-Shitting"! Don't forget lightning-shitting! (It even rhymes) :Zhukov

MrSmiley381 Aug 11th, 2009 10:00 PM

This thread has far too much lightning-shitting in it.

But it does sound awesome!

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 (Post 641235)
This thread has far too much lightning-shitting in it.

More like not enough. ;)

ZeldaQueen Aug 11th, 2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 641207)
And "Lightning-Shitting"! Don't forget lightning-shitting! (It even rhymes) :Zhukov

Ah yes, that too!

It would beat learning about Gegory Mendelson and his pea genetics.

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 10:48 PM

Do you mean Gregor Mendel?

ZeldaQueen Aug 11th, 2009 11:48 PM

Yeah, him.

executioneer Aug 12th, 2009 04:47 AM

gregory hines and his tapdancing peas

ZeldaQueen Aug 12th, 2009 01:06 PM

Or Gregor Mendel and his insane puppet show, if Felidae is any indicator.

executioneer Aug 12th, 2009 01:29 PM

oh man that movie :lol it'd be like an anime if it were drawn awful and not about kitty cats

ZeldaQueen Aug 12th, 2009 10:32 PM

I'm not sure what freaked me out most, the video tapes made by the scientist or the part where the protagonist randomly screws a cat he meets in a yard.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 13th, 2009 10:37 PM

The Mongolian Death Worm is the coolest fuckin monster ever. Can the Loch Ness Monster spray acid and shit lightning? No. We're talking about a work that could kick Bigfoot's ass.

Evil Robot Aug 15th, 2009 03:49 PM

Dimnos Aug 15th, 2009 07:41 PM

Hmm... Yes yes... Very nice... But does it shit lightning?