I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702191)

Ant10708 Apr 30th, 2009 12:39 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273...at_042909.html

Trailer showing off some of the combat in the soon to be relased game. looks like a fun game and something for us nerds to drool over as we play as batman fighting all his classic villians

why this wasn't relased alongside the dark knight movie is beyond my business understanding.

captain516 May 1st, 2009 01:59 AM

I'm really glad they got the VAs from the cartoon.

Dimnos May 1st, 2009 11:50 AM

bigtimecow Aug 24th, 2009 12:08 AM

midnight release tomorrow! at 11 pm gamestop is having a costume contest. gonna be lolz

Max Radical Aug 24th, 2009 11:55 AM

I tried the demo and I hope I'm just missing something. It really is the first Batman game that isn't juts bat-sprites pasted over a Bat-pisspoor-beatemup, so I really should feel more - but it's just "grapple, grapple, kill." And it really is the worst example of screaming "Another twenty people just died because of you, Bathole, and this is only the demo! SHOOT HIM!"

Still, the silent kills are awesome enough I'll probably pick it up and playthrough during the inevitable Steam sale (I have a magic ability to trigger Steam sales just after buying games, so this time I'm going to wait.)

Phoenix Gamma Aug 24th, 2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Radical (Post 643634)
I tried the demo and I hope I'm just missing something. It really is the first Batman game that isn't juts bat-sprites pasted over a Bat-pisspoor-beatemup, so I really should feel more - but it's just "grapple, grapple, kill." And it really is the worst example of screaming "Another twenty people just died because of you, Bathole, and this is only the demo! SHOOT HIM!"

Still, the silent kills are awesome enough I'll probably pick it up and playthrough during the inevitable Steam sale (I have a magic ability to trigger Steam sales just after buying games, so this time I'm going to wait.)

It gets a little better once you get more gadgets. But it's not a great game so much as it is a great Batman simulator. It's not that hard, but it's cool to do all kinds of shit to fuck with people.

I think if you focus more on how awesome it is to be Batman and less on how good or bad the game is, you'll probably enjoy it more.

Nick Aug 24th, 2009 06:54 PM

It already came out for the console. Too bad I'm holding out for the superior pc version to ship next month. :(

Zomboid Aug 24th, 2009 07:21 PM

Hey, I didn't know they were using Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil for the voices. I'll almost definitely be buying this now :O

Nick Aug 24th, 2009 08:37 PM

:o

bigtimecow Aug 26th, 2009 09:44 PM

this game has amazing presentation, story, graphics, etc. etc. etc. just the gameplay is super duper streamlined (which is kinda okay) but can be limiting at times. but PG said it best: it's just fucking awesome to be batman

the challenge maps are hella fun though

executioneer Aug 27th, 2009 08:27 AM

ok so you guys mentioned that k. conroy and m. hamill were doing voices, but you forgot to mention that PAUL DINI WROTE THE STORY. holy shit that is exciting

bigtimecow Aug 27th, 2009 09:35 PM

BEAT. now getting all the riddler trophies / challenges. some of this shit is hella clever

edit: 199/240 i think this is the funnest part of the game :(

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2009 07:12 AM

I dropped $98 on the wal-mart exclusive collector's edition. I WANTED THAT BATARANG!

I have yet to play it, though.

stevetothepast Aug 29th, 2009 10:55 AM

the walmart half price deal probably made this the best selling game in a while.

bigtimecow Aug 29th, 2009 05:59 PM

BALLA. 88% complete with all story, all riddles, all upgrades, yadda yadda done. now i just have to beat every challenge map. getting 3 bats on the combat maps is going to suuuuuuck

Durrsomething Aug 29th, 2009 09:31 PM

Great game until

SPOILERS

What I think is the final boss.

They stole from The Batman. THEY STOLE FROM THAT UNHOLY CRAPFEST THE BATMAN WITH THE BEFFY JOKER SHIT.

WHY?!?!

It would have been more awesome if it was a fight ala Batman 1989 or Mask of Phantasm with Bats and Joker going at each other mono e mono

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2009 09:41 PM

Spoilers!

And yes, the last fight is lame. But the bosses didn't really impress as much as the stealth anyways.

bigtimecow Aug 29th, 2009 10:20 PM

PG are you proud of me i beat a game in a week huh huh huh are you

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2009 12:00 AM

MAYBE IF YOU FINISHED THAT OTHER GAME YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FINISH. IN MAY.

WE'RE GOING ON 4 MONTHS NOW THAT'S A NEW RECORD.

bigtimecow Aug 30th, 2009 08:32 PM

WHAT GAME IS THIS I FORGET :X

and fuck the medals on the predator extreme challenge maps. uguguhghghgug

executioneer Aug 31st, 2009 03:46 PM

man those predator challenges were fun as shit to figure out even if they got a little frustrating in spots :( replaying it on hard mode since i got basically everything but the combat badges on medium

executioneer Sep 1st, 2009 10:21 PM

ANOTHER MINOR GRIPE: PEOPLE STOP USING CREE SUMMER FOR *ANY* VOICEWORK

for fucks sake i can't play a game without hearing tandi from fallout in it these days and it really kills the immersion for me

Microshock Sep 1st, 2009 11:17 PM

How are the Joker challenge maps?

executioneer Sep 2nd, 2009 12:13 AM

subtle

Phoenix Gamma Sep 8th, 2009 10:16 PM

Found this on Destructoid:

Quote:

Good anti-piracy measures are hard to find. At best, it can be an inconvenience for legit purchasers of games while other methods like SecuROM are almost universally loathed by gamers. It seems that to protect their latest title, Batman: Arkham Asylum, developer Rocksteady is taking a decidedly different approach.

Over at the Eidos forums, a poster showed up with an innocent query about why Batman's cape refused to open, allowing the Dark Knight to glide over a room filled with poison gas despite pressing the assigned key. Outed as having downloaded a leaked copy of the game by another user -- Arkham Asylum has yet to release on PC and no portion of the demo features a gas-filled room -- the forum admin hopped into the thread to mention that this is not actually a bug but a feature to prevent piracy:
The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.
It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code.
Brilliant move, Rocksteady. It's nice to see that you are willing to go to a little effort in protecting your software instead of relying on annoying and sometimes gamebreaking methods. Kudos.