I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Obama's 1996 bloodless coup in Chicago (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700998)

Geggy Nov 7th, 2008 04:20 PM

Obama's 1996 bloodless coup in Chicago
 
I aint suggesting that he is bad or evil. In politics, ya gotta be treacherous and hire as many lawyers as you can.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/...ign/index.html

Big Papa Goat Nov 8th, 2008 04:15 AM

Doesn't seem to be much of a story at all, really it seems to be about how Obama called out an opponent on violating party rules. I mean, that's just playing by the rules, what could be contreversial about that? This Palmer character knew the rules going into the game, she should have been more scrupulous about following them, if you give an opponent an opportunity like that in politics you're going to suffer the consequences.

Big Papa Goat Nov 8th, 2008 04:28 AM

Also, coming up 69 petitions short in a petition drive is just total political amateur hour. I helped run a petition drive for a candidate once, and we threw away tons of signatures ourselves on technicalities just as trivial as the ones mentioned in this article. Like Obama said, if you can't even run a damn petition drive how the hell are you going to run an election campaign? Or for that matter act as a representative? I mean, especially when it comes to candidate selection contests, losers that whine about being mistreated by the people competing against them are just pathetic. If you can't handle the criticism and tactics of the opponent in your own party, how are you going to do against the other party? And it's doubly pathetic when these losers are whining about being called out on their violation of rules that they should have known and abided by.

Kulturkampf Nov 25th, 2008 04:38 PM

The Democrats suddenly support strict enforcement of rules.

They didn't seem to be about that in the 2000 election.

But if you cannot punch a goddamned hole on a ballot, how the hell do you expect your retarded ass vote to count for the Presidency?

I think thi sis the first time that I have seen Democrats propose human beings be required to meet some sort of standard of decency.

What next? People ought to get jobs instead of welfare checks?

Big Papa Goat Nov 26th, 2008 03:40 AM

:eek

aslansliln Dec 8th, 2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat (Post 592860)
Doesn't seem to be much of a story at all, really it seems to be about how Obama called out an opponent on violating party rules. I mean, that's just playing by the rules, what could be contreversial about that? This Palmer character knew the rules going into the game, she should have been more scrupulous about following them, if you give an opponent an opportunity like that in politics you're going to suffer the consequences.

I hope Obama still feels this way. I wish he would just provide proof of his natural-born citizenship status and get it over with.

Big Papa Goat Dec 8th, 2008 04:11 AM

Don't be stupid.

Colonel Flagg Dec 8th, 2008 05:11 AM

Thank you.

Jeanette X Dec 8th, 2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulturkampf (Post 597288)
The Democrats suddenly support strict enforcement of rules.

They didn't seem to be about that in the 2000 election.

But if you cannot punch a goddamned hole on a ballot, how the hell do you expect your retarded ass vote to count for the Presidency?

I think thi sis the first time that I have seen Democrats propose human beings be required to meet some sort of standard of decency.

What next? People ought to get jobs instead of welfare checks?

The schadenfreude I feel at your anger on the Obama win melts on my tongue like a sweet dinner mint. :yum

pac-man Dec 8th, 2008 12:18 PM

The awesomest part is that he takes over next month.

ZeldaQueen Dec 8th, 2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aslansliln (Post 600554)
I hope Obama still feels this way. I wish he would just provide proof of his natural-born citizenship status and get it over with.

That arguement is pretty much baseless you know. Do you honestly believe that he could have hidden being a non-US citizen throughout the entire election without Hilary Clinton or the GOP digging it up? It would have knocked him out of the race and given Hilary (during the primaries) or McCain a clear shot for presidency.

Plus, if it had any substance it would be plastered all over the news.

Neen Dec 8th, 2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 600657)
Plus, if it had any substance it would be plastered all over the news.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

ZeldaQueen Dec 10th, 2008 11:00 PM

What? Do you honestly think that a story like that would be hidden? Think of what a juicy scandal that would be: The first African American set to be president and someone who a lot of Americans were looking to for hope and help in the future. Then there's the chance he cheated and somehow hid his history! And he very well might be declared ineligible!

Fox News alone would probably love to report that. Even speculation...

Colonel Flagg Dec 11th, 2008 12:23 AM

aslansliln :rolleyes

Neen Dec 11th, 2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen (Post 601286)
What? Do you honestly think that a story like that would be hidden? Think of what a juicy scandal that would be: The first African American set to be president and someone who a lot of Americans were looking to for hope and help in the future. Then there's the chance he cheated and somehow hid his history! And he very well might be declared ineligible!

Fox News alone would probably love to report that. Even speculation...

Like Fox News needs any hard evidence to report unfounded accusations. That's the point. If you think it actually needs any substance to air on a 24-hour news network, you don't know 24-hour news networks.

Big Papa Goat Dec 12th, 2008 03:16 AM

The fact that these networks don't need a story to have substance to report on it doesn't mean at all that a story with substance would fail to be reported on. Really it just seems to indicate the opposite.

ZeldaQueen Dec 12th, 2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neen (Post 601455)
Like Fox News needs any hard evidence to report unfounded accusations. That's the point. If you think it actually needs any substance to air on a 24-hour news network, you don't know 24-hour news networks.

But that's the point! They don't even wait for hard evidence. And yet even the birth controversy isn't being reported on, which shows just how idiotic it is. I don't even think the Weekly World News has anything on it and they wrote an article saying that Sarah Palin shot a Bigfoot.

Colonel Flagg Dec 12th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weekly World News
Bat-boy and Elvis Present Evidence that Obama is Really Space Alien Spawn

News you can use.

ZeldaQueen Dec 12th, 2008 05:21 PM

Hey, WWN is a great news source. Not reliable, but great.

Where else can you learn about a man-eating port-a-potty? Or Paris Hilton's alien abduction (they sent her back as she was too annoying).

executioneer Dec 13th, 2008 12:51 AM

i thought weekly world news went out of business >: wth

ZeldaQueen Dec 13th, 2008 10:38 PM

Their website's still up. There's also this book of their various articles that I got out of a library. Ironically, I checked it out the exact day my English class had a discussion on the Camp genre (WWN is a prime example of camp).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.