I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 05:23 AM

Some Spanish magazine reviewed it and said the character models and animations looked meh, but the replayability was great. They gave it a 88/100.

So whatever. I'm going to play it. I'm going to be a spy.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 05:28 AM

So I got Blur.

I really like it. Haven't played much multiplayer, but I can just feel it in my teeth that that's where the game really shines. It does have that kart-racing feel that they talked about. It's got four-player splitscreen on the PC, too. Righteous.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 06:11 AM

The great thing about Blur for me is that I still have fun, even when I´m not winning. Sometimes I´m not even near the top 3 but I´m still having a blast :D

Just made Level 13 and the game unlocked...err...daily quests...interesting...

Also, I too will play Alpha Protocol next week and I´ll be a tech-guy I guess...I think that was one of the classes...

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 06:35 AM

I'm curious as to what you'll think about it. But yeah. I'll be the James Bond guy during my first playthrough. Then I'll just be a fucking mercenary the next time and just kill everybody.

I really like the Dodge Viper. And the Reverse Nitro Boost that lets you corner quickly, then catapults and goes WOOOOOOOSH. There's a big WOOOOOOSH factor in Blur.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 08:02 AM

True. My favorite Powerups are the Shield (gives me all kinds of advantages) and the Bolt, since I love to annoy people and the Bolt is ideal for that.

I also really love how they gave us the ability to swap out our Perks....whatsitcalled...Mods, yeah Mods, love those, it gives you so much flexibility by fine-tuning certain powerups...the shield boost is really nice, let´s me drive through two EMPs instead of one and the whole thing is active for twice the time...good stuff.

Still, out of 34 races, I only made first place ONCE...I´m just not good at racing games... :D

Concerning Alpha Protocol...I already know that I expect too much from it since I have to compare it to Deus Ex in terms of descisions and how you go about a mission and stuff like that...really looking forward to it.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 08:34 AM

It's a fair comparison, considering that the character models look like they're from Deus Ex.

I enjoy the Bolts, along with the mod that lets you have four at a time. My fave event is the Destruction and seeing all these cars fly in the air because of the chain explosions.

DougClayton4231 May 26th, 2010 08:37 AM

Once you play it and see how god-awful the controls are, you'll probably want your money back. The only way I could see paying full price for AP is if I was completely ignorant and picked it up at a whim. But, one man's trash is another man's treasure lol.

OxBlood May 26th, 2010 01:56 PM

I read somewhere that some people thought this was gonna be a shooter and they were dissappointed because it´s more like an RPG...which is fine by me.

Fathom Zero May 26th, 2010 04:38 PM

It's only called "the Espionage RPG" and all. :rolleyes

Dr. Boogie May 26th, 2010 04:40 PM

They were probably hoping that it would be an RPG in the same way that Mass Effect 2 is an "RPG".

Phoenix Gamma May 27th, 2010 03:02 AM

So I was telling someone about how awesome the Bit.Trip games were, and how much I'm loving Bit.Trip Runner, and they suggested Vib Ribbon, which I've never even heard of. Got it running on my PSP and...holy shit, I love it. I just wish there was a way to load MP3s onto it since I don't have a PS1 and a copy of the game. Cause six songs aren't enough.

Good shit, though.

Fathom Zero May 27th, 2010 03:45 AM

YE'VE NEVER PLEHED VIB RIBBON? Gyah.

OxBlood May 27th, 2010 06:54 AM

Ah, Söldner X 2 - Last Prototype is available and it´s a lot of fun. Played it for around 2 hours this morning and of course the Bosses have stupid german names that make me giggle in my Poäng (pretty comfy IKEA-Chair ;))

DougClayton4231 May 27th, 2010 10:38 AM

I couldn't get Blur to run on my PC. It kept crashing and disabling my graphics card and shit. It looked pretty cool though. I might pick up the 360 version.

I just started Just Cause 2 and the acting and story are painful to experience. It's like the writer had been lobotomized prior to writing the script. The gameplay is decent though.

MarioRPG May 27th, 2010 11:12 PM

Bit trip runner is hella fun and infuriating.

OxBlood May 28th, 2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 687490)
I just started Just Cause 2 and the acting and story are painful to experience. It's like the writer had been lobotomized prior to writing the script. The gameplay is decent though.

Thankfully the story and acting are the most unimportant thing about the game...itīs one hell of a fun ride, even if itīs repetitive. Had around 40 well-spent hours with JC2.

DougClayton4231 May 28th, 2010 07:18 AM

I like tethering things, it's pretty hilarious.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:23 AM

I found my favorite part of Blur - the sound design.

Like Transformers and shit. WOOOOOOOSH

10,000 Volt Ghost May 28th, 2010 10:05 AM

:micromachinesguy

TheCoolinator May 28th, 2010 07:10 PM

Just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, it's really well made and highly addicting. I played it for a week straight now.

Can't wait until the next one comes out.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:12 PM

http://www.destructoid.com/review-al...4617.phtml#ext

Oh fuck. I tend to agree with Jim Sterling on a lot of games, so I'll probably feel the same way. :(

Dimnos May 28th, 2010 07:55 PM

Yeah. I really wanted AP but after Jims review I'll probably wait till I can pick up a used copy for like $20 or less :\

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 07:59 PM

I bought it on Steam, but it won't open up until the 1st.

So I nabbed it on a torrent. I already paid for the damn thing, mind. I'm gonna see how it plays in a minute.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 08:06 PM

FIRST THOUGHTS AFTER 30 SECONDS:

It's prettier than people have said. The dialogue choices are cool. I'm being a total dick to everyone.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2010 08:28 PM

Holy shit, I can't aim to save my life. This is so fidgety.

and I am now Fidel Thorton.