I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Endings that were not worth the play through for (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701986)

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2009 10:31 AM

Endings that were not worth the play through for

Lunar 2 is my biggest gripe. I've only played the remake on PS1 but wow was I disappointed. By the middle of the game it just felt like repetitive(even for an older rpg) dungeon crawling. The end boss battle was the hardest END boss battles from any game that I remember. I even played through the epilogue and didn't like it either.

Dimnos Apr 2nd, 2009 11:13 AM

Phoenix Gamma Apr 2nd, 2009 11:18 AM

Mario 64. And every other Mario game.

Angryhydralisk Apr 2nd, 2009 11:19 AM

I'm pretty sure Star Ocean 2's equally a gyp with the ending.

Another bad one in particular was Chrono Trigger DS' ending. All it really does is imply that Magus is Guile, who he should have been in the first place.

And I imagine if -RoG- finally beat Pac-Man it wouldn't be worth it for him either.

Big McLargehuge Apr 2nd, 2009 11:41 AM

This is the end of pacman

Zomboid Apr 2nd, 2009 01:04 PM

Kid Chameleon. Such a fucking bitch of a game to get through, and the ending is awful.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 622941)
I'm pretty sure Star Ocean 2's equally a gyp with the ending.

Is it even worth playing through to get the ending? I only made it to disc 2 before I had to return it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 622946)
Kid Chameleon. Such a fucking bitch of a game to get through, and the ending is awful.

Game was a lot of fun to start off with and then got annoyingly hard later. Never beat it though.

Guitar Woman Apr 2nd, 2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 622940)
Mario 64. And every other Mario game.

Are you kidding

Mario 64's ending blew my mind, partially because I couldn't believe that I had finally finished it.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 2nd, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 622962)
Are you kidding

Mario 64's ending blew my mind, partially because I couldn't believe that I had finally finished it.

And all you got was a lousy cake.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2009 04:22 PM

007: The world is not enough.

The end bond quote in the film version when he is in bed with Christmas Jones: "Oh, I thought Christmas only comes once a year." :love

The end bond quote in the video game: "Merry Christmas" :blah

Durrsomething Apr 2nd, 2009 08:14 PM

Lit. Oh god Lit.

It was a great game, but the story (If there even was one) sucked total shit. Hell, the "bad" ending makes a bit more sense

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 2nd, 2009 09:21 PM

Bart's Nightmare and Alex Kid in Miracle World.

MattJack Apr 2nd, 2009 09:47 PM

THE SEX I HAD LAST NIGHT

MattJack Apr 2nd, 2009 09:48 PM

King Hadas Apr 3rd, 2009 04:17 AM

GTA4. I'd say the narrative was great but not great for a video game. In the end you have less then when you started, Nico's life is bleak and hopeless. In another medium this might have filled me with pathos but in this one it just left me unsatisfied.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 3rd, 2009 04:44 PM

Contra: Shattered Solider. This game took forever to beat and get the S ranking ending and ithe ending was terrible. The game itself was more rewarding than the ending.

Dr. Boogie Apr 3rd, 2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 623084)
GTA4. I'd say the narrative was great but not great for a video game. In the end you have less then when you started, Nico's life is bleak and hopeless. In another medium this might have filled me with pathos but in this one it just left me unsatisfied.

You're supposed to go for the good ending so that it's only somewhat depressing.

Emu Apr 3rd, 2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 622965)
And all you got was a lousy cake.

But the cake was the whole point of the story

Nick Apr 3rd, 2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 623149)
You're supposed to go for the good ending so that it's only somewhat depressing.

I see both endings as bad endings.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 3rd, 2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 623156)
But the cake was the whole point of the story

I'm not about to debate the story in a Mario game...

Schimid Apr 4th, 2009 03:01 AM

Most Twisted Metal endings.

I literally just beat TM:Head On with Spectre and look at the shit I received.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMRbin3aQ-Y

Angryhydralisk Apr 4th, 2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 622949)
Is it even worth playing through to get the ending? I only made it to disc 2 before I had to return it.

Game was a lot of fun to start off with and then got annoyingly hard later. Never beat it though.

I doubt it. Indalecio is fucking ridiculously hard. My characters are each level 120 and I STILL can't beat him.

Another game with a rip-off ending is Call of Cthulu's A-Rank ending. Because so little is different and it's really not worth the challenge to earn.

Also the ending you get with the custom cars and secret characters in Twisted Metal 4.

"Okay, you've won Twisted Metal!"

(Blank Screen)

"Your wish is granted! Thanks for playing!"

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 4th, 2009 01:31 PM

:lol @ twisted metal 4 endings. You'd think they would come up with something better than that. At least in Rogue Trip when you beat the game with a hidden char like Goliath it would tell you that you aren't going to get an ending because Goliath is overpowered and to try beating the game with a normal char.

The MK4 endings were dumb too.

Sonya: some guy tries pushing her off a cliff, she sidesteps

Some guy: Sonya pushed some guy off a cliff instead.

Jax: Some guy tries pushing Sonya off a cliff, Jax grabs her arm, then pushed some guy off cliff.

Zomboid Apr 4th, 2009 02:41 PM

That guy's name was Jarek. You're right, though.

I watched a bunch of the ending videos for the game that Schimid posted. Wow. Really bad stuff.

kahljorn Apr 4th, 2009 08:19 PM

lol i like the outlaw ending actually. stupid fucks.